Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Jacksonville)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastroom was cleanbagelscruise portairport shuttlerooms are smallshuttle servicewaffle housefree shuttlefridge and microwavecruise packageneeded a place to stayparking lotstaff was friendlyrestaurants and shoppingcoffee makerthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel two nights last week(the day before and the day after our cruise).The first night we flew in late and didn't arrive to hotel until about12:30am, the night auditor was INCREDIBLY rude and seemed as though we were a nuisance to him when we verified that we were in fact placed in a Non-smoking room. He said yes, when we got in our room it reeked of cigarette smoke, when we called down from the room and asked to be moved he said that there is no smoke smell in the room (basically calling us liars) and that if it smells of smoke in the morning we will be charged $250! After arguing with him he reluctantly moved us. The second room was clean and smoke free. Also on the website I booked the room on, think it was Orbitz? it showed the hotel having a nice pool. When we simply asked this employee where the pool he rudely replied, "No, we don't have a pool and we never have had one." Also asked for a late checkout they said the only way they can do it is if they charge us...bull. Hotels extend a checkout a half hour to an hour as a courtesy...it just how the business works. Charging for a late checkout on a Tuesday when you have hardly any guests in house and a low number of arrivals is absolutely sheisty, I know how guests should be treated and I was sickened by this employee and the hotels lack of hospitality. On our way to the cruise ship the next day the family in the shuttle with us was saying similar thing about the staff there. Cheap Hotel but NOT worth being treated terribly by the staff. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica G
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

The guest was moved from the room that they thought smelled of smoke - problem solved. The hotel does not charge a fee of $250 for smoking in a non-smoking room, and thus the front desk wouldn't even think to quote such a thing. The hotel does not have a pool, and there are no websites, Orbitz or otherwise, which have pictures of this hotel's nonexistent pool. I personally gave this guest a late check-out and our records indicate that the guest checked-out at 12:37 pm without extra charge. They were requesting a check-out one hour after our one hour courtesy extension. We do charge $10.00 per hour after 12pm. The guest was informed of this, but they insisted they were not "accustomed" to paying a late check-out fee. The fee was waived without hesitation on our part. It doesn't really matter how busy the hotel will be, a late check-out fee is still imposed, and it's not really up to anyone to assume how many arrivals are coming in on any given day. I would like to see every guest that stays with us to have a pleasurable experience. This is a classic case of someone being given everything they ask for, and still walking away with a mouth full of venom.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed for one night due to picking up a hire car from the airport the next day. The hotel gave us a free shuttle service to the airport as well as a free breakfast. The room was spacious and clean as well as giving some nice free toiletries. Perks included cable and free wifi. At night it was quiet and the bed was very comfortable

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed here 3 nights last weekend. The place is quiet, clean and the breakfast was good. I forgot my pillow and called upon my return home and was happy to hear they had it so my son could pick it up. Overall the place is fine for sleeping and the fridge is nice but the rooms are really, really small. "Queen size" beds are questionable and there was some musty smells sometimes. If your taking a cruise this room will prepare you for the ship's room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2012

After looking through the coupon books for hotels, I found the ad for the Jacksonville Plaza. I liked the fact that it advertised pillowtop beds, HBO, expanded continental breakfast and that it was right off the highway. When we entered the room, I was happy to see how clean and fresh it looked! I also liked the layout of the room and the design for maximizing the space. The room was compact but useable and cozy. It felt like we were on a nice cruise ship! The bathroom was a good size and very clean as well. Lots of lighting and mirrors in both areas.

Room Tip: This was the same price as other chains. However I found the bed more comfy and the room prettier. The hotel itself was well kept and new looking. I would definitely stay there again. We stayed on the second floor, which was very convenient as no-one could see into the room through the French windows (which open) and the walk up and down the stairs was easy. Also there is an elevator and luggage trolleys available at the front door.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Was very apprehensive about staying here as the rate was very low, but the reviews were very good. A friend suggested the management had written them ;-) It was very clean, the staff, particularly one whose name I can not remember were very helpful and friendly. My only hiccup was that the hair dryer didn't work and it took two phone calls to replace. I was there for a week and even though I didn't spend but the evenings there, I was able to sleep without a lot of disturbance/noise. The close proximity to the airport was very helpful upon my departure because of the very early flight and easily made arrangements with the desk to simply leave the key/card in the room. Yes, the room was small, but again, I wasn't spending a lot of time there, but it was very clean. A great choice at a small price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Javastreet
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

We appreciate your time writing a review and delighted to hear that you had an amazing stay with us. We look forward to see you again!

Thank you!