“The secret is out!!!!!!!!!”

Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #64 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Last year when I visited, the hotel was not full. Over this past weekend and last Tuesday night it was really full. Clean cozy atmosphere. A well ventilated comfortable room, an amazingly comfortable bed I(as comfy as mine at home!) A decent free contintental breakfast, including 3 different juices, toast, hot and cold cereal, bagels, muffins. Nice shampoo, conditioner, and 2 soaps. I am happy that I stayed. No pressure to check out a bit after 11:00 and check this out... The clerk at the front desk remembered my name!!! Boy was I impressed. Oh did I mention free parking while away and free airport shuttle. One happy camper, that's me.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. A heater in every bathroom. choose any room. no noise issues.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nicksgirl19
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

We appreciate your kind words and happy to hear that you had another great stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you!

Thank you for choosing the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites and we look forward to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Business has me in Jacksonville several times throughout the year. I have made this my prime choice of hotels. Cleanliness is very important and I have never been disappointed. The manager and staff are courteous, professional, and friendly. When you are away from home so often, this makes you feel welcomed and assures a peaceful rest. So, thank you staff - you are terrific.
This was a great find, and rates are uncommonly affordable. You can leave with a smile.
See you soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank michael482012
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

We appreciate your time writing a feedback on this website. We are glad to hear that we've met your standards of cleanliness throughout the year. It is our number one priority to provide a clean and comfortable accommodation.

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in October 2012. The rates were great, they honored a coupon for the first night and gave us the next 2 for $5 more. When I checked in, I asked for a quiet room, so we were put on the 3rd floor so no one would be above us. With the fan blowing on the AC unit, we could not hear much of the goings-on in the hallway and we all slept very well at night.
We had 2 adults and 3 kids in the room, it was snug but large enough to be comfortable for an extended stay. The hotel is very close to the zoo and getting to Talbot Island to the beach takes maybe 20 minutes. It's close to tons of places to eat plus they have breakfast in the lobby.
The staff was SO nice. Every person at the front desk that we spoke with was very polite and helpful. The room itself was clean, this place was a great balance between budget and safety/cleanliness. It made the end of our vacation very pleasant! I would stay here again any time.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor really is quieter-no people walking around over your heads!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ec3forme
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

We appreciate your wonderful comments about the hotel and staff. It was a pleasure to hear that you had a very pleasant stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit!

Thank you!

Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

We arrived the day before our cruise to explore Jax and assure we were on time for cruise. We stayed at Jacksonville Plaza. I'm a 'clean freak' when it comes to hotels. This one was spotless and updated. We received a light continental breakfast, free a/c comfortable shuttle to port for my husband and I and they babysat our car for no extra charge for the week. When we returned from our cruise, the shuttle was there waiting for us to return to the hotel to retrieve our car. The attendant had opened up rooms at the hotel so everyone could quickly get to a bathroom which I thought was amazingly courteous. Then we were on our way back to Georgia. With taxes and everything it was about $90. Very pleased.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Cindy G
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

We appreciate your kind words. We offer the best value in town and glad to hear that you found our Save and Sail Package an excellent one. Also, I would like to thank you for recognizing the efforts of our staff in providing great customer service.

Thank you for choosing the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites and we look forward to see you on your next cruise!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I called the morning of my stay to get a room at the last minute and they could not have been nicer or more helpful. Given the low, low price, I did not expect much as I stay in hotels for a living. This is the best hotel deal I have ever seen, period. My room was like new, the main items I look for are a clean room, good water management--hot when it needs to be and strong enough to wash off the soap--and a comfortable bed. A+ on all three, and nice people to boot. A computer in the lobby was easily available and I was very pleased with every minute of my short stay. I would stay there again anytime if I had to. This is a really great place surrounded by much more expensive properties.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank RichardO946

Thank you for your wonderful comment. We are happy to hear that you were very pleased with your stay with us and rated us with A+ on cleanliness, good water management and the comfortability of the bed. We will continue to do our best in providing guests with clean and comfortable accommodation at a very reasonable price.

Thank you.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

We arrived at 3 this am... Cars were everywhere. Were told to park in a neighboring lot.. Got checked in and settled by 3:30.. Room next to us you could hear the tv but after a 10 hour drive we still fell asleep.. At 7 am.. We were awakened to what sounded like a elephant running back and forth in the room above us.. I called front desk and asked if they could call and ask them to be quiet.. It didnt really help.. After Almost an hour and a half of constant stomping back and forth and once we were all wide awake after 3.5 hours of sleep it stopped..that being said it was worth it for the price and i would def stay again.. Room was clean and hotel looks updated...beds were comfy what little we slept and the value is great.....we pay a little over what it would cost to leave our car at port while on a cruise and got to sleep a few hours, shower, and leave our car for the week and they take us and pick us up from port and bring us back to our car...i am a clean freak and always read reveiws before i will stay anywhere.. If we ever cruise out of jaxport again will definately be a repeat customer of jacksonville suites..ill just ask for a top floor room if we will be a late check in again...

• Stayed: September 2012
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

We appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you had very little sleep because of inconsiderate guests. On the other hand, I'm glad to hear that we met your standards of cleanliness and comfortability of the beds.

We look forward to see you on your next cruise.

Thank you!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Basic hotel, clean, and a friendly staff. I booked that morning and was skeptical about staying there but once I got to the room I was pleased. It was not the biggest room but, it served its purpose. The room was clean and the hotel was close to the airport and the highway as well as restaurants. Easy check-in and it is not on the main road so it is quiet and you do not hear all the traffic nor people running up and down the hallways. I would definitly stay here again. I am in Jax at least once per month and I think this will be my hotel of choice for the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thequeencole

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and happy to hear that you had a great stay with us.