“No Frills”

Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #58 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a clean no frills hotel right near the JAX airport. I did not try the free breakfast, so I can't comment on it. It has great access to some shopping and restaurants. The freeway is the next light. The only problems I had were the fact that there was no safe, and when I arrived on Saturday there was no parking. I left on a Sunday night and really needed some sleep since I had to be at the airport at 4AM, so of course a family with kids arrived around 9PM and promtply started jumping on the beds and running around the room above me. I have kids of my own, but people why would you allow them to perform circus acts while others are trying to sleep? Perhaps hotels need to start putting families on the first floor. Grrrrrrrrr.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 August 2014

As a family traveling to visit family, I needed to find a place that was clean, comfortable, and above all, affordable. This place really fit the bill. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and was newly remodeled. It had everything we needed: flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, breakfast, 24 hour complimentary juice and coffee, wifi, laundry, interior corridors, & daily maid service. We stayed for 9 days. I was afraid it was going to be unacceptable based on the price, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. We will definitely stay there every time we visit family in JAX.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris B
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience to fellow travelers on this website. It was such a pleasure to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We strive each day to deliver clean and comfortable accommodations at a very reasonable price.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The wall of this hotel is too thin so I can hear the TV sound from the next room. I know I shouldn't expect too much for this low price, but it's so annoying to hear the tv sounds from next door all nights and couldn't sleep well at all.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Little Miao M

It is unfortunate that this reviewer didn't have a peaceful night. A hotel is a public place and there are guests that are inconsiderate and do not think of others. I just wish that the noise isuue coming from the room next door was reported to the front desk and this issue was rectified while you were here. Why take time to write on Tripadvisor and do not take time in getting this problem solved while at the hotel?

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Very basic and dated room. Staff were friendly and helpfulI, but will look for alternative next time, when using airport. Breakfast is adequate for Adults but struggle to suit children, also with little space to seat more than 10 people at once.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank drunkirish

Our hotel was recently renovated and all of the rooms have microwave, refrigerator and 32" flat screen TV. We are a limited service hotel but we offer amenities that big branded hotels offer. We have 24 hours airport shuttle service, continental breakfast, wi-fi throughout the building and unlimited use of the business center (copy, print, fax). We have the best value in town and our occupancy is always high making the breakfast area very crowded. We are planning on expanding our breakfast area to accommodate high volume of people.

Thank you!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

As a transfer motel perfectly fine and that’s it. Stayed for one night just passing through, which was ok, but I would not have picked this place for more than one night. The staff was friendly and helpful; the rooms were clean, breakfast not worth mentioning, Wi-Fi working on-and-off. To weigh in the price in all of this makes it fair to rate it average and not below, because it is really really cheap and I believe that it is what one would expect for that price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sokriw
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Close to the airport , another 24-hour airport shuttle , no problem to be here early or late , this time we arrive and depart JAX to live here, very convenient. It is a quiet , clean place to stay , I would recommend it to a friend .

Room Tip: Rooms nearly the airport are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My hubby and I stayed here for a night on a quick Jacksonville getaway. We were a little taken aback at how small the room was, but since we were only staying one night, we didn't need much room to spread out. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was spotless. The desk clerks were friendly and very efficient. The location was fine, very easy to find and not too noisy. The price was just right. I'd stay here again for an overnight trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple