“Outstanding customer service, rooms are average.”

Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #67 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Outstanding customer service, rooms are average.”
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

The staff do their best to make you feel at home. Even the staff at their sister hotel the nearby courtyard help out to meet your needs. Excellent customer service. The room, a two bedroom was on the smaller side. I was disappointed with the size of the common area, smaller than other residents inns or even the comparable Homewood suites. The rooms were not as clean as they should have been. Especially behind the doors. The wallpaper was also peeling in one of the two bathrooms. Slightly disappointed in the overall condition. The kitchen was well equipped, a highlight. The breakfast is a hot meal, the food was okay, plenty of choices. I would recommend staying here as the staff would make it enjoyable, just don't have have high expectation of the accommodations.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Jersey
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I booked this hotel on the afternoon I wanted to stay which was a mistake. I paid way more than it was worth. I paid $150 and as a Marriot rewards member I thought they could do better. As an "enroute" hotel with no beach or anything it was way overpriced. To be fair it was clean and the workers were truly super nice. I think part of the blame is my fault as being uninformed. I had no idea that a) Residence Inn has no TWO beds just a queen and a pullout which is in a way very odd.- (4 of us) think about that you cant get two beds they dont have it - - a bit overly clever I think - and b) when we arrived after driving from NJ we HAD TO MAKE THE PULLOUT BED!! and the bed linens were not there you had to go to the front desk at midnight to get them and go back to make the bed!!! I was tired and crabby no doubt but I paid too much for a stayover place! They were very nice and the place was clean. So I say average at $150 per night!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Norcross, GA
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Situated near the airport, right off of the highway and close to restaurants. Caleb was very helpful and nice at breakfast. There was a large family there at the time I was there and they were able to utilize the grill and be in the pool. It made me think of having my family reunion there. The GM Kris, was also nice and very helpful to me. I would definitly stay here again. Nothing fancy but, a great value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thequeencole
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed in a one bedroom that had been renovated. Bedroom is closed off from kitchen, living and dining area. This was ideal for working and eating in room. Breakfast comes complimentary and has actual food, not just bread and coffee. Evening they served food as well, but not on weekends. The room has a full size frig with stove and basic kitchenware. I also had food delivered from the nearby steak house.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Shuttle will take you anywhere within 1 mile which includes shopping and dining. Free pick up and drop off at airport as well. Only negative was a bit of a funky smell when the air conditioner is not on. This could just be from the glue from new carpet. If staying in the airport area, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank OB1canOB
arizona
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Having not been very familar with the Residence brand, I wasn't sure what to expect so close to the airport. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was exceptionally nice, very spacious and had all the amentities for both business and family travel. It was such a good experience that I will look for the Residence Brand again in the future. Clean, roomy, up to date, comfortable and a great bargain.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kniff
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 August 2012

First of all, I really enjoy the Residence Inn brand and stay frequently when traveling with our children. This time, my husband and I needed a place to sleep on our way to the JAX Port to pick up our truck, The location is ideal for getting in and out of JAX, while avoiding the downtown traffic. We arrived a little later than expected so we were not able to take advantage of the evening reception. A gentleman was checking-in at the front desk before me, so my wait time to check in was much longer than usual. The clerk seemed to be a bit disorganized and confused by the man's reservation/requests. Finally, another clerk appeared and asked who needed to be helped next. Upon check-in, she ran my credit card, asked if the trip was business or pleasure and handed me the keys.

I was not recognized as a Marriott elite member or thanked for my loyalty, as the Marriott personnel normally do. It was really no big deal, but a bit odd. My first impression of the hotel while walking to the elevator was the moldy smell and outdated appearance. When we got into our room, it smelled better. The room was clean, although the linens, pillows and carpeting really need to be replaced or repaired. The bathroom chalk was moldy and the carpet was pulled back from the threshold.
Again, I was surprised to be placed in a noisy room next to the stairwell and by how worn out everything looked. The bed was uncomfortable and our room had a locked closet near the bed with some kind of electrical motor continuously generating lots of sounds. Even an Ambien didn't help us get a restful night of sleep. Positive aspect: The normal amenities/appliances you'd expect in a Residence Inn were present and the internet service worked well. The suite was roomy.
I was looking forward to a quick breakfast and a hot cup of coffee in the dining area. Although the lady working in the breakfast area was pleasant, the food really was awful. The eggs were not tasty & very runny, the ham tasted funny and the coffee wasn't warm. Both my husband and I decided to get breakfast somewhere else.
I called the front desk to let them know we were checking out and he said "ok." Didn't ask how our stay was and say "thank-you." My overall impression is that this place needs some attention and the customers should be made to feel valued, not overlooked. With other Marriott options nearby, we'll probably select them in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cindy G
katie m, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
I would like to thank you for your feedback on our hotel. Your concerns and experience with us have not gone unnoticed. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and would like to thank you for that. Please give us another chance on your return to Jacksonville, there are many updates and projects in the works now and we would love the chance to show you the changes we have made.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I love Residence Inn because it feels more like an apartment, lots of space. The staff was friendly and helpful and the free breakfast was really good. Two computers are in the lobby area at no charge.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet area