“Great as always”

Ranked #72 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tampa, Florida
“Great as always”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed there 2 years ago and after a bad experience in its neighbor Marriott Courtyard I was happy to come back to Residence Inn. The staff is great as always, really I could stay there for months, there's everything you need, the kitchen is "full size" meaning you can cook there and the fridge is big. Never cooked there though but thought it was worth to mention what this "little" hotel room is capable of. Bedroom is separated, there is a variety of breakfasts, nice pool (heated) + spa, hotel is never crowded which I really, really appreciate. The only downside is: pillows. They're pretty flat and small. But bed is very comfy. Looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank annapink

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

The friendliness of the staff is on par with other Residence Inn properties.
The 2-bedroom suite is roomy and well-appointed.
The outdoor space is nice, relaxing.
The kitchen is upgraded and represents what I’ve become accustomed to in these properties.
This property does allow bonus certificate/points stays for the 2-bedroom unit.
The cost for suites is the cheapest of the brand in Jacksonville
The hotel is very close to the airport and cruise-port
The staff is extremely friendly but not completely trained in gaining solution to guest concerns
The hotel is clean
The color scheme of the suite is very nice - bold
The suite bathrooms are room and well appointed
The 2-bedroom suites offer a private bathroom in each bedroom
Overall, the hotel provides a very comfortable stay

***********************
Presentation is lacking here.
The beds have bare box springs (no decorative covering), which cheapens the look.
I asked for an extra blanket for one of the beds and all that could be found in the laundry room was a very rough mattress cover.
The furniture is white and appears dated.
The fireplace in our room did not work. I inquired and was told parts were ordered, but not offered the option to relocate to a suite where everything worked. My father joined us later, only to go straight to the fireplace to turn it on, and was immediately disappointed.
The outdoor fire pit was not lit. To the hotel’s credit, I didn’t ask about it. I felt like it would be lit because it was dark and there were guests out there.
The hotel does not offer complimentary toiletries as do some Residence Inn properties.
Although this hotel has a few superficial flaws, I would stay here again and again. I would not jump to another brand or another Residence Inn across town because of the things I mentioned here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

The staff do their best to make you feel at home. Even the staff at their sister hotel the nearby courtyard help out to meet your needs. Excellent customer service. The room, a two bedroom was on the smaller side. I was disappointed with the size of the common area, smaller than other residents inns or even the comparable Homewood suites. The rooms were not as clean as they should have been. Especially behind the doors. The wallpaper was also peeling in one of the two bathrooms. Slightly disappointed in the overall condition. The kitchen was well equipped, a highlight. The breakfast is a hot meal, the food was okay, plenty of choices. I would recommend staying here as the staff would make it enjoyable, just don't have have high expectation of the accommodations.

• Stayed December 2012
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

I booked this hotel on the afternoon I wanted to stay which was a mistake. I paid way more than it was worth. I paid $150 and as a Marriot rewards member I thought they could do better. As an "enroute" hotel with no beach or anything it was way overpriced. To be fair it was clean and the workers were truly super nice. I think part of the blame is my fault as being uninformed. I had no idea that a) Residence Inn has no TWO beds just a queen and a pullout which is in a way very odd.- (4 of us) think about that you cant get two beds they dont have it - - a bit overly clever I think - and b) when we arrived after driving from NJ we HAD TO MAKE THE PULLOUT BED!! and the bed linens were not there you had to go to the front desk at midnight to get them and go back to make the bed!!! I was tired and crabby no doubt but I paid too much for a stayover place! They were very nice and the place was clean. So I say average at $150 per night!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Norcross, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Situated near the airport, right off of the highway and close to restaurants. Caleb was very helpful and nice at breakfast. There was a large family there at the time I was there and they were able to utilize the grill and be in the pool. It made me think of having my family reunion there. The GM Kris, was also nice and very helpful to me. I would definitly stay here again. Nothing fancy but, a great value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thequeencole
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed in a one bedroom that had been renovated. Bedroom is closed off from kitchen, living and dining area. This was ideal for working and eating in room. Breakfast comes complimentary and has actual food, not just bread and coffee. Evening they served food as well, but not on weekends. The room has a full size frig with stove and basic kitchenware. I also had food delivered from the nearby steak house.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Shuttle will take you anywhere within 1 mile which includes shopping and dining. Free pick up and drop off at airport as well. Only negative was a bit of a funky smell when the air conditioner is not on. This could just be from the glue from new carpet. If staying in the airport area, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank OB1canOB
arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Having not been very familar with the Residence brand, I wasn't sure what to expect so close to the airport. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was exceptionally nice, very spacious and had all the amentities for both business and family travel. It was such a good experience that I will look for the Residence Brand again in the future. Clean, roomy, up to date, comfortable and a great bargain.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business