“Quite a treat- close to airport-Great Find”

Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #55 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great find ! A little tough to find the access road but worth the effort-Reception delightful and willing to meet requests - fast smooth check in . Requested 3rd floor and very quiet ---it was .. Housekeeping has done a good job --things very clean . Linens and bed very comfortable. Kitchen extremely clean and the quietest refrigerator every--not one noise from it. Our rm faced the road but seems to have been far enough away that was quiet. The airport (planes) were not the least disturbing (I am a very light sleeper) .As a bonus we were told of the included light pm meal being served til 7:30 pm very nice salad / soup/ garlic bread and many choices of drinks and a light dessert!-Serving area very clean and serving persons really friendly and wanting to make you comfortable --This place serves. -- pm meals MTW every week included --you will find the menu on the refrig in your suite for the month.Talk about a real plus after being on the road all day--no need to go out and find a place to eat. Then again in the am breakfast included as nice!!!!!!! Parking easy and small pool available---Do not miss this place if in the area!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing the room furnishings are a little dated but with all else it offers a gem!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ckingery
Kandace W, Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport. I always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences my guests have at my hotel.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of my team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of my staff as I strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, I look forward to your next stay at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have been tasked with working away from home for almost a year and I thought I would stay at a Marriott Residence Inn, the closest being the JAX airport. I am so glad the cards fell as the did. everyday I am met by some of the nicest people I have ever met in a hotel. They go out of their way to make my stay like being at home. Almost every day I look forward to walking in and getting met by Vicky (she can't work everyday). She is always pleasant and smiling. Feels just like family. Thanks so much to all the staff for making my home away from home......HOME!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank philbur2014
Hampton_Inn_Ocean_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear philbur2014,

Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport and taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are thrilled that your with us was "HOME". We have ensured Vicki is aware of your wonderful comments, and we have ensured she was recognized for her efforts.

With our appreciation,

Brad Whitaker

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I stayed 4 nights and each day we have had to go to the front desk at least one time (sometimes more) because our key cards would not work. The desk clerk told us that this happen many times each day to many guests.

On the second day there was no visit to our room by housekeeping. We had left the COME BACK LATER door hanger on the door in the morning, but it was removed by noon.

On the third day, housekeeping did come, but did not even wipe off the counter in the bath. I don't know what they did except take the towels that were on the floor and straighten the bed.

Now, about the HVAC. It was cold when we first arrived and so we turned up the heat a little, to 71 or 72 and within minutes it was 78 in the room. so we turned it back down and it got cold again. There is obviously something wrong with the HVAC.

The last thing I'll mention is that the way the room is arranged, the bed is right next to the opening to the bath room so that the light over the sink shines in the eyes of anyone who is still in bed. Not a good arrangement.

If this had been our first experience with a Marriott brand hotel/motel, it would probably be our last. We have always been pleased with our stays at Marriott Residence Inns in the past and hope they improve this location. When we come to Jacksonville next year we will certainly not stay at this same Residence Inn.

Thanks

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was my last chance to get a room all other nice hotel near the airport were full. I was greeted by Vicky a very nice young lady at the front desk and she said I have a room. I didn't wait one second I said back well take it! She got the room all set up and I ask her about the car show at Amelia Island. She said I will find out for you and call you with the information. It is not often you get people willing to do something extra for a guest. I would say give her a raise. The room was very nice and clean and the hot tub was relaxing. The stay was great!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartyJames
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We spent a night here on the way to southwest Florida. We stayed in their smallest room, but it was very large with a nice kitchen and bath. The room was spotless and quiet. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. There was little noise from the airport and the access to I 95 could not have been better. We won't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor is usually the quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BuddyPUSA
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had a king room suite. It was clean, good size. I liked that there was an weekly activity sheet for those staying longer. Breakfast was good as was the workout room. Just needs a little TLC, my room did smell a bit musty.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Alexsandra71
Kandace W, Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you again for sharing your experience, I look forward to your next stay at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Each time I have stayed here, the motel's age shows more and more.
The staff is helpful and friendly. The motel is clean. Unfortunately, these attributes cannot over come the fact that the place is showing its age and is falling apart. Electrical outlets that are worn and won't hold your plug, low water pressure, bath tub outlets getting ready to break off, warm water in the shower that does not get hot enough. The breakfast bar is also lacking in quality. Cold food that should be hot; Hot food that should be cold. Small things, but the place is definitely showing its age. I'll try the Springhill Suites down the road next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. At Residence Inn, I strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to me. I want you to know that I am taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. I appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give me the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.