“Going next door!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #67 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Springfield, Tennessee
“Going next door!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not clean, has a foul smell 90% of the time and the front desk service is lacking in training. They are confused about the computers and lack knowledge that is basic for the typical hotel server. I always stay at hilton garden inn and this reminds me why

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank 391nicoles
Brad W, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear 391nicoles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us. We apologize that there were issues that you encountered with the Front Desk team, and we are continuously training our staff to improve our guests' experience with their stays.

Though we appreciate you loyalty to another hotel, we would love the opportunity to prove our ability to provide outstanding service.

Brad Whitaker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at Marriott products all the time and this one has the nicest staff! They really helped me out during a holiday jam when I booked so late. Of all the Marriott products along this airport stretch, this one is the best. They may have renovated the Courtyards, but the rooms are still dated. This Residence Inn is very clean, has beautiful fresh fruit in the morning not over ripe bananas. It offers a cocktail hour one evening during the week. The rooms are clean and they seem to keep them in working order. I wish they would update the pool and pool area like the Fernandina Residence Inn. This one is near great shopping, River City Marketplace, with a shuttle service provided. With 75 retailers and every restaurant you could imagine, anything you need, including Starbucks is a minute or two away.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
Green Features: I like the save-your-towel option they offer like most motels/hotels these days. I wish they would incorporate environmentally friendly cleaning supplies.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
dublin, ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very convenient to airport. Lovely rooms and everything you need. Very clean. Very good breakfast and great feature is the pool outside. A mile away…there's a huge shopping area with cinema and every type of major outlet you could think of from Walmart to smaller specialist shops. Vicky and Jessica at reception were just brilliant and couldn't do enough. All in all….a great little find and they deserve special praise as does does the friendly black lady who was so friendly every morning at breakfast. Well done to all the staff. Great stay over 5 days. I was a Proton patient and they made me feel very relaxed. Thanks.

Room Tip: I liked the ground floor looking at the pool.
Green Features: Paper disposable plates and bowls…pretty good. They seem to make a very good effort in that respect.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great find ! A little tough to find the access road but worth the effort-Reception delightful and willing to meet requests - fast smooth check in . Requested 3rd floor and very quiet ---it was .. Housekeeping has done a good job --things very clean . Linens and bed very comfortable. Kitchen extremely clean and the quietest refrigerator every--not one noise from it. Our rm faced the road but seems to have been far enough away that was quiet. The airport (planes) were not the least disturbing (I am a very light sleeper) .As a bonus we were told of the included light pm meal being served til 7:30 pm very nice salad / soup/ garlic bread and many choices of drinks and a light dessert!-Serving area very clean and serving persons really friendly and wanting to make you comfortable --This place serves. -- pm meals MTW every week included --you will find the menu on the refrig in your suite for the month.Talk about a real plus after being on the road all day--no need to go out and find a place to eat. Then again in the am breakfast included as nice!!!!!!! Parking easy and small pool available---Do not miss this place if in the area!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing the room furnishings are a little dated but with all else it offers a gem!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ckingery
Kandace W, Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport. I always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences my guests have at my hotel.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of my team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of my staff as I strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, I look forward to your next stay at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport!
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have been tasked with working away from home for almost a year and I thought I would stay at a Marriott Residence Inn, the closest being the JAX airport. I am so glad the cards fell as the did. everyday I am met by some of the nicest people I have ever met in a hotel. They go out of their way to make my stay like being at home. Almost every day I look forward to walking in and getting met by Vicky (she can't work everyday). She is always pleasant and smiling. Feels just like family. Thanks so much to all the staff for making my home away from home......HOME!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank philbur2014
Hampton_Inn_Ocean_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear philbur2014,

Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport and taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are thrilled that your with us was "HOME". We have ensured Vicki is aware of your wonderful comments, and we have ensured she was recognized for her efforts.

With our appreciation,

Brad Whitaker
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I stayed 4 nights and each day we have had to go to the front desk at least one time (sometimes more) because our key cards would not work. The desk clerk told us that this happen many times each day to many guests.

On the second day there was no visit to our room by housekeeping. We had left the COME BACK LATER door hanger on the door in the morning, but it was removed by noon.

On the third day, housekeeping did come, but did not even wipe off the counter in the bath. I don't know what they did except take the towels that were on the floor and straighten the bed.

Now, about the HVAC. It was cold when we first arrived and so we turned up the heat a little, to 71 or 72 and within minutes it was 78 in the room. so we turned it back down and it got cold again. There is obviously something wrong with the HVAC.

The last thing I'll mention is that the way the room is arranged, the bed is right next to the opening to the bath room so that the light over the sink shines in the eyes of anyone who is still in bed. Not a good arrangement.

If this had been our first experience with a Marriott brand hotel/motel, it would probably be our last. We have always been pleased with our stays at Marriott Residence Inns in the past and hope they improve this location. When we come to Jacksonville next year we will certainly not stay at this same Residence Inn.

Thanks

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

This was my last chance to get a room all other nice hotel near the airport were full. I was greeted by Vicky a very nice young lady at the front desk and she said I have a room. I didn't wait one second I said back well take it! She got the room all set up and I ask her about the car show at Amelia Island. She said I will find out for you and call you with the information. It is not often you get people willing to do something extra for a guest. I would say give her a raise. The room was very nice and clean and the hot tub was relaxing. The stay was great!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple