“Standard Fare”

Ranked #6 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Herndon, Virginia
“Standard Fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This Hampton Inn was just like almost every Hampton Inn that I've stayed at in the past 10 years, right down to the lousy breakfast.

Be advised: They advertise themselves as "& Suites," but let's be clear here - their "suites" are studios, not true suites with a door separating the bedroom from the rest.

Overall, the hotel itself was fine. AAA price was fine. The "suite" room we got was fairly large, which at least allowed us to spread the kids out (mostly) away from us and each other. The room was clean and quiet. Pretty standard stuff.

That said, I wish the folks at Hampton Inn HQ would get the memo that food allergies (like dairy!) are increasingly common and prevalent. I used to like staying at Hampton Inn because of the included hot breakfast (seriously, it has not changed one bit in 10 years), but have since discovered a dairy allergy, which means I can't eat much of anything that they serve. Breakfast options included rubbery "omelet" things with cheese inside them (looked like they came bulk out of the freezer), cold cereal, the ubiquitous waffle machine (presumably containing dairy - pretty standard), and various other carb-heavy options, also most likely containing dairy.

So... is this place ok? Sure, it's fine, but don't stay because of the free breakfast. For us, it was dead-on average, and I would think twice before staying here (or at another Hampton Inn) again any time soon. And, for goodness sakes, drop the "Suites" from the title as that is patently misrepresenting the available options.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
jessethibodaux, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Falconsview, I’m glad to hear that we are succeeding at meeting our brand standards and have consistency throughout our other Hamptons. We do have Studio Suites at our hotel with several pictures and descriptions on our website for clarification of what exactly our hotel offers. There are other Hilton brands that offer 2 room Suites, however the Studio Suites at our Hampton are simply a much larger room (twice the size of a standard room), and have sleeper sofas, wet bar area, and a larger bathroom. Thanks for your review; I hope to see you return to our hotel again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed last night with our two
kids (on our way to Disney) and thought the hotel was exceptionally clean and modern. The bedding was comfy and fresh and there was not one carpet stain anywhere -- even in the breakfast room. Breakfast was basic; the kids were happy. Friendly housekeeping morning crew. The only negative was that there was only one person at the desk last night and he was clearly overwhelmed with the volume. Probably need at least two people on per shift. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
Valzig, Thanks for choosing our hotel as your stop-over to Disney. I hope you had a blast in Orlando. I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you go to Disney, please stop in!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We have stayed often in Hamptons, and have been impressed. As my family and I came in from a very long road trip, I found a bedbug on the box spring area of the bed. I immediately told the front desk, who moved us to a different room, but there is NO WAY this will be a restful night. Very stressed and disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kb1633
jessethibodaux, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Kb1633, We take reviews like these very seriously. I sincerely apologize for your stressful stay with us. The health and safety of our guests is very important to us and we strive to provide our guests with 100% satisfaction. I saw that we did comp your stay and immediately upgraded you to a suite. Although our management staff has not found evidence of bugs in this room, we are conducting a full investigation, and treating the room. I can tell you that we’ve never had a problem like this before at our property since we have weekly pest control throughout our hotel. Our hotel is definitely not known for this kind of thing and we hope you will return to our property on day and give us a second chance. Once again I do apologize and if there is anything else we can do for you, please contact me.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here one night on our drive down to Florida - it had a pool and free parking and breakfast. The room was clean, the people were friendly, the free breakfast was a lifesaver. I'd stay there again.

1 Thank capples19
capples19,
I sincerely hope you come back to see us. I’m glad you enjoyed our breakfast. Thanks for the review and we’ll see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Clean property, great location, right next to the interstate. Staff was professional and friendly. My room was spacious and clean. Although the property is next to the interstate, we did not experience road noise from interstate traffic. We were on our way to Daytona, this was our first stop. Drove from north Georgia-on family vacation, I was extremely exhausted driving all afternoon so we needed a clean comfortable room. Clean carpet and drapes, the bathroom was clean and the bed was firm (but not too firm), comfortable. Breakfast was free, it could have been better but is was adequate if you are trying to save money. Overall we recharged our batteries, and continued on to vacation bliss in Daytona.

1 Thank TLVC
jessethibodaux, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
TLVC, Thanks for the great review. I’m glad you chose our hotel as your stop over to your vacation in Daytona. I hope you had a great time there. Please look us up the next time you are traveling to Florida! Thanks
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were warmly and confidently greeted at the front desk, our reservations were recited, our Hilton Honors rewards card was verified and we proceeded to our spacious, clean room. Wifi worked great...and it was free! The bedding was comfortable. The pool was immaculate and just the ticket for a very hot July afternoon in Jacksonville! The facility is conveniently located -- just off the Interstate and, despite its proximity to both the Interstate and a busy 4-lane street, there were no street or traffic noise.

The hotel honored our AARP membership discount and the price was more than fair.

Best of all, however, is that I lost my iPad and when we called the desk, Jesse advised he had it and made immediate arrangements to send it home to us.

Thank you, Jesse, and thank you Hampton Inn. You have a lovely property and fine employee in Jesse.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BabsNMarty
BabsnMarty. I’m so glad we found your Ipad and you got it safely. Thanks for the great review and we hope you guys look us up again next time you are traveling through Jacksonville
Greenville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Room - clean, spacious, convenient fridge, but beds are too lumpy/soft
Location - clean, safe, newer facility/grounds/water fountain landscape, right off I95, 3 exits from Avenues Mall, Chili's, Zaxby's nearby, farmer's market next to property on some summer days
Breakfast - better than most free breakfasts; great variety of oatmeal, bagels, danishes, eggs, bacon, make your own waffles, fruit, yogurt, milk, teas/coffee
Will stay here again on our way down to Disney

1 Thank kam0202
kam0202, Thanks for the review! I hope you guys had a blast at Disney. I’m glad you would pick us again for your next Disney trip.