“Simple, clean, and everything works”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park
Ranked #5 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Richmond, United States
“Simple, clean, and everything works”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Great location:15 minutes drive from almost every park. Easy check in and check out, very friendly staff, modern and super clean. We were welcome to bring our food and eat it in the breakfast area, so we didn't have to go out with the children. Probably the best value for your money in Orlando.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jessethibodaux, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Federico, We love our sports groups and I’m glad you thought we are the best value! Come back and see us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The location is excellent - easy on/off of I-95 (a little hard to find late at night since it's rather tucked away). The room was clean and comfortable but the AC unit is rather noisy. Breakfast was the typical Hampton fare but the person in charge of the breakfast area could be a bit more helpful/friendly. Biggest issue I had is that I always request a room away from the elevator. As a Diamond level Hilton Honors customer, I expect to get that kind of room. When we checked in, we were given a room right across from the elevator although when I asked the gentleman checking me in about the location, he assured me the room was away from the elevator!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Traveltwins95, I’m sorry about the problems you experienced during your stay. We’ll always gladly switch you to a more appropriate room as long as we have one available. Some of our guests request to be near elevators and some request away, and we’re usually able to accommodate all request. I do apologize we fell short. I hope that you will give us a second chance and return to our hotel so we can demonstrate the reputable quality and service we are known for.
tampa, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We came as a family for a soccer tournament 25 mins. from hotel...It was a good choice. We were not acquainted with the area and the concierge was very helpful in giving us directions. We also arrived late in the evening and everything was set already for our ck in.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jessethibodaux, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Adriana S, Thanks for the review. I’m glad we were able to help you with directions. We hope to see you again for your next soccer tournament.
Dalton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here 3 nights beds were not very comfy. Woke up every night with stiff back and neck had to walk the stiffness off. Got some bites on one leg not sure if from outside or inside. Breakfast was adequate. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
FM, I’m so sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great night’s sleep and about the back problems you experienced. Please contact me because I would like to see what we can do for you to hopefully see you return to our hotel in the future.
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This Hampton Inn was just like almost every Hampton Inn that I've stayed at in the past 10 years, right down to the lousy breakfast.

Be advised: They advertise themselves as "& Suites," but let's be clear here - their "suites" are studios, not true suites with a door separating the bedroom from the rest.

Overall, the hotel itself was fine. AAA price was fine. The "suite" room we got was fairly large, which at least allowed us to spread the kids out (mostly) away from us and each other. The room was clean and quiet. Pretty standard stuff.

That said, I wish the folks at Hampton Inn HQ would get the memo that food allergies (like dairy!) are increasingly common and prevalent. I used to like staying at Hampton Inn because of the included hot breakfast (seriously, it has not changed one bit in 10 years), but have since discovered a dairy allergy, which means I can't eat much of anything that they serve. Breakfast options included rubbery "omelet" things with cheese inside them (looked like they came bulk out of the freezer), cold cereal, the ubiquitous waffle machine (presumably containing dairy - pretty standard), and various other carb-heavy options, also most likely containing dairy.

So... is this place ok? Sure, it's fine, but don't stay because of the free breakfast. For us, it was dead-on average, and I would think twice before staying here (or at another Hampton Inn) again any time soon. And, for goodness sakes, drop the "Suites" from the title as that is patently misrepresenting the available options.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Falconsview, I’m glad to hear that we are succeeding at meeting our brand standards and have consistency throughout our other Hamptons. We do have Studio Suites at our hotel with several pictures and descriptions on our website for clarification of what exactly our hotel offers. There are other Hilton brands that offer 2 room Suites, however the Studio Suites at our Hampton are simply a much larger room (twice the size of a standard room), and have sleeper sofas, wet bar area, and a larger bathroom. Thanks for your review; I hope to see you return to our hotel again.
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed last night with our two
kids (on our way to Disney) and thought the hotel was exceptionally clean and modern. The bedding was comfy and fresh and there was not one carpet stain anywhere -- even in the breakfast room. Breakfast was basic; the kids were happy. Friendly housekeeping morning crew. The only negative was that there was only one person at the desk last night and he was clearly overwhelmed with the volume. Probably need at least two people on per shift. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
Valzig, Thanks for choosing our hotel as your stop-over to Disney. I hope you had a blast in Orlando. I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. The next time you go to Disney, please stop in!
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We have stayed often in Hamptons, and have been impressed. As my family and I came in from a very long road trip, I found a bedbug on the box spring area of the bed. I immediately told the front desk, who moved us to a different room, but there is NO WAY this will be a restful night. Very stressed and disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kb1633
jessethibodaux, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Kb1633, We take reviews like these very seriously. I sincerely apologize for your stressful stay with us. The health and safety of our guests is very important to us and we strive to provide our guests with 100% satisfaction. I saw that we did comp your stay and immediately upgraded you to a suite. Although our management staff has not found evidence of bugs in this room, we are conducting a full investigation, and treating the room. I can tell you that we’ve never had a problem like this before at our property since we have weekly pest control throughout our hotel. Our hotel is definitely not known for this kind of thing and we hope you will return to our property on day and give us a second chance. Once again I do apologize and if there is anything else we can do for you, please contact me.