“This hotel is a real find and a great value!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park
Ranked #5 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Florida
“This hotel is a real find and a great value!”
Reviewed 29 October 2009

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn on the other end of Old St Augustine Rd and have for years. This trip I found this hotel and the price was just slightly above the Holiday Inn but since I am a Diamond Club member I would always rather stay at a Hampton Inn.

This is a real find, first calss, very new, upscale decor, very comfortable bed and no reason to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
mountaineer_9, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 31 October 2009
Thank you for taking the time to check out our new hotel. We all work very hard and take pride in our jobs to make sure that this is the best hotel in Jacksonville and making sure that our guest had a memorable stay. I agree completely that our hotel is truly a great asset . Again thanks and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Arrived at hotel on October 27, 2009 after a long day of driving. I noticed the exceptional landscaping when I drove up to the hotel. Big entry and easy parking for registration. Very friendly check-in person, explained where everything was located, resturant, fittness center, and business center. The room was very clean and had everything I needed to feel comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, and the shower head was also very good. I used the iron and it was in perfect working order and the plugs to use it were easy to reach. I would recommend this hotel to any of my traveling buddies anytime they are in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
mountaineer_9, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 30 October 2009
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and that the hotel and staff exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again soon !
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We were greeted in a very friendly manner and checked in very rapidly. The room is exceptional. The entire facility is spotless. I could not be more pleased. It's a little hard to find as it is set back from the road and the city won't allow more signs.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank captjer
mountaineer_9, FRONT OFFICE MANAGER at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 26 October 2009
Greetings! Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and that our friendly staff helped to make your stay a memorable one. We apologize for any negative experiences that you had locating the hotel. We hope to seeing you again soon. !
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Staff members are cordial and helpful. The service is very good. The lobby is beautifully appointed and welcoming. There is comfortable seating, and everything is very clean and new.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ledgz
Georgia
Reviewed 29 September 2009

love the design, decor, and the "sit up, bar type"tables in eating area- a nice option. Quiet, away from a main road but convienient.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
mountaineer_9, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 4 October 2009
Greetings! Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our convenient Breakfast buffet and our staff exceeded your service expectations. We are looking forward to see you again soon!
Central Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I have stayed at this fairly new hotel once before and both stays have been very good. The room I reserved was ready and available. The morning complimentary breakfast has a nice selection of food items (fruit, muffins, yogurt, toast,etc). The staff is always friendly and helpful. In front of the hotel is a nice lake with a few benches and a nice path to walk. There are nearby gas stations, resaturants, grocery store, and easy access to I-95 and I-295, close to Jax and St Augustine. This is Hilton's lower end chain of hotels, but it is quite 'upscale' compared to other economical hotels.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
mountaineer_9, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 24 September 2009
Aloha! Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our convenient Breakfast and that our staff exceeded your service expectations. We hope to see you again soon!
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Stayed at this hotel in mid-September for the first time and definitely would return. Is close enough to my office in the area and is easy-on/easy-off to 95 (however make sure you go to the traffic light in the AM, as trying to make a right from the hotel was challenging in traffic). There is a Publix shopping center with all kinds of dining options (Sushi, Sandwiches, etc.) as well as a Gas Station very close to the hotel.

The parking area has a nice fountain and there is a path from most of the spaces to the front of the hotel (was hard to spot from the right side). The lobby of the hotel is quite nice for a Hampton Inn. There is a neat waterfall with a TV behind it as well as a nice bird sculpture. I did not use the business center or fitness center, but I know they are available and I'm sure in good shape due to the age of the hotel. My room requests were not necessarily met, but they did do a good job of finding me a room that met my zillion demands. Some of the King rooms don't have a bathtub, but a standing shower, just didn't think it was sanitary, so I moved. Some of the rooms also have adjoining rooms, so just something to be mindful of if you aren't a fan (ding ding).

I was on the 3rd of 5 floors of the hotel facing some woods. I really didn't hear much room noise from other rooms, however you can hear doors and people in the hallway quite clearly (nothing unusual for a hotel). The room has nice tiled floor when you enter and this new type of lock that you turn in so the door catches, as opposed to a deadbolt, pretty neat. The closet has mirrors on the front and several hangers, clean iron (however watch out for deposits as mine started to get them midway through my ironing and got my black pants kind of chalky, water took it off). The beds were firm, which I like and feature duvets, and have a blanket in the closet. Alarm clock was easy to set and LCD TV had closed captioning.

There is work desk with free wired or wireless internet, which is a great feature. Found ample plugs in the work space, however they seemed to run out of room since the coffee maker was on the work desk. Each room has a micro-fridge combo, which was helpful during my stay. The lighting in the room was a little dim, but decent. The guidebook for the hotel was probably the most detailed one I've ever seen at a hotel of this class. Pretty much everything you'd want to know about the hotel and the area. The only thing I didn't see was a guide to the TV channels, which would have been helpful.

Bathroom was clean enough, however did find a stray hair or two. They provide small bottles of lotion, shampoo and conditioner, along with a vanity kit (cotton balls and q-tips). Only one bar of soap in my room, however they corrected that quickly when I asked. Plenty of towels that were quite soft. This hotel has the water plague that pretty much every hotel I've stayed at in Jacksonville has, filmy water. The water just seems rather slimy on your skin and the shower can get very slick on the bottom, so be careful.

Breakfast in the AM featured various hot and cold items and liked that they had ripe bananas and apples to take with me. Various yogurts and milk also available for take-away and of course the signature Breakfast Bags (water, fruit, cereal bar, mints, muffin).

Overall, this hotel is in an up and coming area and has a lot to offer. Is new and reflects the positive aspects of a new hotel. Staff was very friendly and quick to respond to my needs. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
mountaineer23, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, 20 September 2009
Thank you for your views and concerns. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and will endeavour to address your concerns in your future visits.