“Great time!”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I were in Jacksonville this weekend for the Marine Corp Half Marathon.
(9/0/11 to 10/1/11)..The hotel is right on the riverfront with beautiful views of the bridges and skyline of downtown Jacksonville. There was a lot going on besides guests for this running event ..there two conventions and fans for an upcoming football game at the stadium. Despite all of the people checking in, walking around, and asking questions, the staff was so well organized, accomodating and really very friendly. We got through check in fast (there was a line!!) The rooms were nice;the hotel furnishgs are a little dated, but the room was really clean and well maintained.
The night before the run, we ate in the hotel restaurant Trellisses...the food and staff were amazing.( Nicely priced too!) We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverfront view....it doesn't matter if it is a lower floor or higher floor, both wil...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,965)

Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed at the hotel for one night for a short business trip. Everyone from the parking attendant to the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. I ate ate the sports bar for dinner and breakfast at the main restaurant. The food and service was very good at both places.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The view was not pleasant but I was only there for one nite so no big deal.

Overall, the place was fine for a short business trip.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Facility is centrally located and has a variety of essentials within
the hotel or nearby. Rooms are very adequate and the hotel is
helpful in accommodating any needs.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear Michael104,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront for your family gathering. We were pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Matt Graham

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed the hotel. The room was comfortable and quiet. Loved the king size bed. The entire hotel staff was very friendly and went out of their way to welcome you. Excellent service from Henry- Front Office Mgr. upgraded us to a king with view of the river. Looking forward to our next trip and staying at this property again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Dear rtlt,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We were pleased to hear you enjoyed our wonderful view along with our amazing staff. Our goal at Hyatt is to provide ‘authentic’ hospitality and it sounds like we delivered. I will definitely pass your kind words on to Henry. Thank you again for choosing Hyatt and we look forward to your return trip!

Hotel Management

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Overall I had a great stay. The staff was very friendly and eager to please, although they had a little trouble doing so. Despite clearly reserving a "King" room, they informed me that they had no kings left when I arrived, but they would give me a river view they said. However when I got to the room it was facing the wrong way. A walk back down to the desk got me another room, but once again I found that it was facing the wrong way. For the 3rd try the manager personally hooked me up with a high room facing the river and it was well worth the trouble of getting it. This view is the highlight of staying at this hotel, so do whatever you need to to get a room facing the river.

Besides the great view, the hotel was pretty good. Again, the staff was quite nice and the lobby area looked great. The pool on the roof was also very nice with a great view. The bar had decent food on their late night menu and the bartenders were great.

The worst part of the hotel was unfortunately the rooms themselves. They were pretty clean and comfortable, but also very obviously worn and slightly beat up. I had 3 separate rooms and they were all this way which was obvious from the instant you entered the room (clearly visible scratches and marks on the furniture, walls, doors etc) This hotel really needs to renovate all their rooms.

The other negative of this hotel was the parking fee of $15/nt. I avoided this by parking on the street (free until 8am) and feeding the meter the next morning, but it was a pain to go down every 2 hours to put another buck in. Had the fee been a bit more reasonable I would have preferred to stay in the lot.

In summary: nice place, rooms worn, but the view of the river makes up for it. If you can't get a room with river view you might as well stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2011

when you pull up to valet, and are greeted by Phil from Jacksonville, you will know your in the right place, Phil always is Happy and has a Smile on his face. which puts a Smile on my face. don`t think he ever has a bad day.... he needs a Raise... always look forward to seeing Phil. then at the front desk was greeted by Matt and a trainee sorry forgot her name, he really knows how to take care of Guests told him I stayed in room 750 last time he said he could get me in 754 what a guy. I`ve worked in guest services for over 20 years and know this is the way to keep guests coming back. looking forward to my next trip to Jacksonville and will definetly stay here

Room Tip: get a water view it`s worth it. hope you get to meet Phil from Jacksonville, and Matt at the front d...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear foremike,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to give us feedback on your most recent stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville! At Hyatt, we take great pride in providing ‘authentic’ hospitality and by the way you speak about Phil and Matt, it looks like we have delivered. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return!

Matt Graham

Reviewed 24 September 2011

My wife and I stayed there for labor day weekend. The staff was very friendly and the room was great. We went to the pool in the evening after an afternoon rain and the water was on the cool side. That partly explained why no one was in the pool. The sandwiches from the bar were excellent. Overall we enjoyed our stay very much. There is a bagel shop outside if you don't care eating breakfast in the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple