“Good location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Winter Park, Florida
“Good location”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The hotel is centrally located right on the riverfront, adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing complex. The hotel lobby is new and modern, but the interior of the halways and rooms need to be updated. However, I understand he proprty will be going through a renovation over the year. I would stay here again if I needed to be in downtown Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stephen K
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear Refcon,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your review of our hotel and look forward to your next stay with us.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
MIAMI
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Hotel is very nice. At check in Jason was excellent. Very polite and courteous. We were tired from long trip made check in easy and painless.even gave us a complimentary dessert. Room was very clean.Beds were extremely comfortable. View spectacular ! Only drawback in room was shower head. Very weak... Tried changing the settings only to make it worse.
The river walk is beautiful. Went running alongside in the morning.
As for the evening guest services aka concierge, were lacking. When I asked for a good place to eat outside of hotel, sent me to Jackson landing in which all restaurants except for Hooters were closed. (8:30pm on a weeknight) went back to hotel asked to suggest somewhere nearby and was told nowhere near I would have to drive 30 minutes from hotel to go eat. I found this odd asked for name of restaurant and he couldn't give me one. No very social either. Ended up eating at hotel which was surprisingly good. Morning concierge was amazing gave me running route and everything, I believe his name was Miki.
Overall, room was clean and comfortable.
Area around hotel sketchy. Don't know if it is because it was winter or its always like this. For a one night occasion does the job, but if you want to see Jacksonville this may not be hotel for you.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank MERCY S
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear MERCY S,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville during your family road trip. We are pleased you enjoyed all encounters with our staff. We hope you had a successful family trip and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Apollo Beach
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Originally we had issues with customer service to add night, but escalation solved that. The cost per night was very good. We did get a lot of extra items comped; river view, king bed, internet, fridge, breakfast. We chalked that up to our account being marked from our cust issue. Breakfast buffet for 2 was $44 very steep. $14 daily for internet again steep. Valet very convenient, all guys were very nice but there is a clear expectation for tip every single time. Spa, pool and gym very nice too. GGreat location to venture to fernidina beach or St Augustine. If you're going to a football game, you are 5 minute from there too far to walk but still nice.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank sunset1517
Dear SunSet1517,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed during a sporting event weekend. So the hotel doubled their rates with a 2 night minimum. This seemed "acceptable" yet we expected good to great service. When we checked in to our room, it appeared at first glance it was clean and ready for check-in. However, the toilet was covered in fecal matter and the bed, while made up, hadnt been changed. The sheets were covered in pubic hair and crumbs. Hair shouldnt but crumbs certainly dont survive laundry. It was vile and disgusting. They did move us to a new room, but our faith wasnt restored...along with ANY of our money. Not even a free breakfast! In addition, they were charging for coffee in the lobby in the morning. A real cash grab. Terrible operation.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear btnusa,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We apologize for the inconvenience you received during your stay. Please know that this is an anomaly. At Hyatt we take great pride in our hotel and the service we provide. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please feel free to contact me.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Checked in for one evening on 12/26. I selected this hotel being that I am a passport member and try to stat with Hyatt whenever I can for points, etc. Reviews seemed decent and views/location seemed nice. I called in a few hours before stay for a last minute stay and went with a Regiency (sp?) room because it included the view and access to bfast + lounge. The landing is a short walk away.

It was a cold night so I decided to go with valet for $20.00. (only $5 more than self park which itself is vary pricey for JAX I believe). Not sure if Jacksonville is typically this dead or if it was the cold but boy were the streets dead. It was only maybe 9pm and there was absolutely nothing going on around hotel.

Checkin was smooth. Unfortunately I was told as I was checking in that the Regiency (sp?) Lounge was closed and that I could come to main lobby for breakfast. Basically not sure why I paid for this room to begin with as the price was higher and there was basically no perks. Might as well gone with a cheaper room w/view and I was given no discount, etc.

Additionally, the Jaxx Sports bar was closed for some reason. (one of the reasons I chose hotel). Being it was 9 pm, I asked where I could go for dinner and was told most places would probably be closed soon. (at 9pm? really Jax?). Luckily Currents restaurant in Hotel was still open so had dinner and drinks there. Waitress was great.

The room itself was cozy. Don't really have any complaints. The view was great as advertised. Windows open up which was nice. The bed was extremely cozy. No noise could be heard from the outside. Great night sleep.

The following morning, house keeping woke us up at 8AM. This was very frustrating as we were on vacation and trying to enjoy our sleep. Not sure why they decide to just come into our room especially so early. To make matters worse, they knock again at around 10 AM. I advised them that we would be checking out shortly and the lady just waited outside out room. We felt rushed out.

I did manage to go check out the rooftop Pool. Not sure what went on that night but everything seemed trashed. No one was up there and all the furniture just was thrown around.

Pros-

Cons-
Parking fees
Wireless internet fees
Housekeeping will come into you room. Make sure to put up Do Not Disturb

Overall not sure If I would stay again. The fees racked up and the stay itself was pricey. I can see where it might be good for a business stay but for leisure there just isnt much to do. Im also still a tad upset about paying extra for a regiency room for no reason.

Room Tip: If selecting a Regiency room, make sure lounge is actually open. Call ahead to make sure restaurant...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guyver2077,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. Hopefully the next time you are in Jacksonville, it won’t be over a holiday week so you can see just how wonderful our city really is, especially during special event weekends. We appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt and hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Alabama
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Though we stayed at the Hyatt for a pricey rate during the Gator Bowl, the hotel amenities were all lovely. Rooms are recently updated and the lobby is chic. My son became ill late in the evening and the housekeeping manager and staff who came to help were really nice and helpful. While amenities are important, nothing makes an impression on me more than the quality of the staff.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear ALspicemom,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront during Gator Bowl. We are so pleased you enjoyed our wonderful staff. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will choose Hyatt again.

Rockland Cnty, New York
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I remember the axiom for a successful business "Location, Location, Location...". This hotel is close to the civic center of Jacksonville, Florida. However, it is a awful location for after work activity. That said, I'll review the property and everything else about it.

I arrived at the hotel early evening. It took about a 30 minute taxi drive from the airport. There were eight people on line prior to me, and two registration stations were open. The on-duty manager (Tom) opened another registration line where I was promptly greeted, registered and sent to a (requested) high floor. THe lobby was clean, there was plenty of sitting area and the elevators were quick.

I got to my floor and was surprised at the size of the floor plan. It looked like a scene out of "Vertigo" (just look at the picture) the hallway goes on forever!

The room was sparsely decorated. Furniture was old and typical: twin beds, desk, chair and lamp. The TV was a cathode ray tube from the early 1980's.

The view from the room was positively awful. Thanks for the view of the nuclear power plant. Exactly what visitors want. As a Hyatt Club member this was less than a pleasant experience.
Bathroom was bright, clean, and large enough to move around. The floor staff were great and responsive to requests.

Getting back to the location. On the ride from the airport buildings had bars on the windows, vagrants littered the streets, a transportation center a few blocks from the hotel had unappealing characters walking about.

The conference room was large and easy to get to.
All in all, this was a modestly priced location but not worth the trip, get ina get out.

Room Tip: Get a river view, and demand it...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear ChiefJack,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I apologize that our hotel was not to your standards. Please know, we appreciate your business and hope you will give our hotel a second chance. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please contact me directly. I also wanted to let you know that we have upgraded all of our TVs in the guestrooms and for a little extra; you could have booked one of our view rooms overlooking the St. Johns River.