I booked one night about one month in advance. Within a week of my arrival I received an email inviting me to check in online. I thought wow, just like the airlines. I assumed it would get me in an express situation where I walk in and get my room key. So I did it indicating (because they asked) that I'd be there about 5pm.
I arrived at 7pm (tired after a 4 hour drive) and the front desk clerk (who was very nice) said she had to call housekeeping to see if my room was ready. No answer. She called within a few minutes and someone told her they'd go check to see if my room was ready. I was somewhat surprised and thought that was unusual. About 10 minutes later she apologized and said she'd call again and apparently was told they hadn't checked yet or basically, that the room wasn't ready. Meanwhile, another guy walks in after me and they check him in and give him his room key and he goes up.
I asked for a supervisor and she came but explained that because my conference was a special block of rooms they had to be sure it was ready. That made no sense to me. Everyone there (who was checking in) was attending a conference. Finally about 20 minutes after I arrived, the supervisor said "we'll just find you another room with a single king bed; it was because you requested a king bed."
I was happy she found another room, but what was the point of my online check in? I was incredulous. I asked for late check out which they gladly affirmed. But then my door was knocked on at 8:35 a.m. by housekeeping. I didn't answer the door. They came back at about 10:15 and I yelled to them that I had late checkout. They said "oh, ok."
I stay overnight about 50 days per year so I'm not a heavy weight biz traveler, but I've never run across this. Hey, they did give me a coupon for complimentary wifi. I don't need to stay here again. I'm rating them Average, but that's bad for what this calibre of hotel should be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the lifestyle and landscape of the real Florida at our Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront hotel. Set along the St. Johns River within the heart of the city’s business, entertainment and sports districts, our outstanding downtown Jacksonville hotel is adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing, a hotspot for dining & entertainment, and within minutes of famous white sand beaches, championship golf courses, EverBank Field, water sports, museums and arts venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel Jacksonville
- Hyatt Jacksonville Riverfront