“Solid experience”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Good front desk service; rooms are both comfortable and quiet, very good job of cleaning room; nice to be able to walk across the street and be able to stroll along the river...nice restaurants a short walk away. The conference area is convenient and nicely maintained

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,015)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I love this hotel. We always stop in Jacksonville on our way to South Florida and try to stay at the Hyatt whenever possible. The river views are stunning, and the hotel windows open so you can have the feel of having a balcony. The A/C does turn off when you open the windows, but if the weather permits, the open air feel is worth it! There are several restaurants nearby at Jacksonville Landing, so you can park your car and walk to dinner or shopping. There is a paved path along the river perfect for a walk or run, and you can traverse the Alsop bridge to get views from the other side of the river. Although we've never been to a Jags game, the stadium is close and you can take the water taxi to get there. The only negative I can think of is that there is no free wifi in the hotel rooms. There is free (slow) wifi in the lobby. The employees are professional and kind. We always have a great experience here.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view and a high floor!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Amanda F.,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am so pleased you enjoy each and every stay! If you ever need anything, while in town, please don’t hesitate and ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to your many more stays with us.

All the Best,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel had some wonderful features, including the extremely inviting roof top pool and hot tub, very large conference rooms, conference rooms that are well kept with beautiful chandeliers, plenty of in-house restaurants, and a nice location to the river and the landing.
Overall, the staff was very professional and very friendly. The front staff and concierge need to better understand what transportation is available at the hotel. As I had booked a hotel recommended company to transport me from the airport to the hotel, I spoke with two employees who had never heard of the company I booked with, while trying to arrange a later transport after landing late. I was present for the housekeeping to clean the room on two occasions and I was very impressed on their efficient detail and kindness to ask if I needed anything else. Many staff in the halls asked if I needed assistance on several occasions. Although the front desk staff was very kind and patient, I experienced mistakes on more than one occasion, and had a lot of trouble understanding their explanations due to accent and grammar. I was definitely not happy with their practice of charging my credit card. I have never had a hotel debit my card one time per day for each night. I have had either full amounts at the beginning of my stay or at the end; and typically it has always been at the end of the stay. While this is fine for non-business, this becomes quite the pain, when I have to budget food expenses, hotel stay, travel etc. I am waiting for the authorizations to post, as they accidentally over-charged me. I called the hotel, and they assured me it would be fixed. If not I'll have to go through the fun of calling my bank.
I used the gym during my stay, and while the view was amazing, I would have traded it in a heart beat for equipment that would allow me to do more than one exercise per body part. Additionally, there was enough room for no more than one person to lift free weights at a time.
The landing is very close and has a few okay restaurants. If you are looking for fine dining you will have to get a cab, or travel across the river. The landing and walk-way is very beautiful. The landing mainly features restaurant/bars geared toward traveling business men.
Finally, I understand that this is a Hyatt so prices are going to be more than many other hotels. However, I live in Chicago and do not expect Chicago hotel prices when I am in Jacksonville, FL. Especially when the aesthetic quality of the hotel room, restaurants, and lobby, make my heart sad as I beg for the typical décor I get in Chicago.
I was impressed by the majority of the restaurant and catering staff, as they were very fast about clearing plates, taking orders, and providing attention to my needs.
While I feel that the hotel was a great choice for our conference due to the conference rooms and functionality of the set-up, I feel that the hotel was way over priced, and has a lot of work to do with general operations and quality. I would never personally chose this hotel after this experience. I think if it had an update in quality, décor, a huge price drop, or amenities I might consider a stay. Until then, I would find a different hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the river

Dear Zinsman33,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We value your opinions and will review in detail. We hope you will give our hotel another try.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week while at a work convention.

Big hotel. Nice meeting rooms.

Great location if you like to walk or run while you're traveling. Plenty of good restaurants nearby to walk to.

Service was good. Very friendly staff.

Didn't give it a top rating because the rooms felt dated. Not bad. Just not fresh.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Blueteej1997,

Thank you for your positive review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Here for a work conference so didn't get a choice of hotel. Great views and clean rooms. Bathrooms could use some updating and our faucet leaked Not much to do downtown however so taking a cab was pricey to see things. I did use the trolley at the Jacksonville Landing (which was disappointing) to Five points but it only runs 10:30-2:30. Staff was very nice and helpful but if we were to return for fun we choose something closer to the beach.

Room Tip: Choose water view room. Worth the extra $30.

Dear TaMike87,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront during your conference. We appreciate your feedback. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I booked one night about one month in advance. Within a week of my arrival I received an email inviting me to check in online. I thought wow, just like the airlines. I assumed it would get me in an express situation where I walk in and get my room key. So I did it indicating (because they asked) that I'd be there about 5pm.

I arrived at 7pm (tired after a 4 hour drive) and the front desk clerk (who was very nice) said she had to call housekeeping to see if my room was ready. No answer. She called within a few minutes and someone told her they'd go check to see if my room was ready. I was somewhat surprised and thought that was unusual. About 10 minutes later she apologized and said she'd call again and apparently was told they hadn't checked yet or basically, that the room wasn't ready. Meanwhile, another guy walks in after me and they check him in and give him his room key and he goes up.
I asked for a supervisor and she came but explained that because my conference was a special block of rooms they had to be sure it was ready. That made no sense to me. Everyone there (who was checking in) was attending a conference. Finally about 20 minutes after I arrived, the supervisor said "we'll just find you another room with a single king bed; it was because you requested a king bed."

I was happy she found another room, but what was the point of my online check in? I was incredulous. I asked for late check out which they gladly affirmed. But then my door was knocked on at 8:35 a.m. by housekeeping. I didn't answer the door. They came back at about 10:15 and I yelled to them that I had late checkout. They said "oh, ok."

I stay overnight about 50 days per year so I'm not a heavy weight biz traveler, but I've never run across this. Hey, they did give me a coupon for complimentary wifi. I don't need to stay here again. I'm rating them Average, but that's bad for what this calibre of hotel should be.

Dear CrosaRoadWarrior,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you received at check-in and checkout. We appreciate your comments. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

In terms of value, I can not comment, but I can write about the service, quality and cleanliness of the hotel. I am not sure of other 'similar-price' offerings in the area to compare 'value'.

The hotel has wonderful location, walking distance from many 'main' attractions in Jacksonville. Most of the rooms face the river, some the city of course. Front desk agent Amanda, was wonderful and made our stay. We had requested some rooms, and she let us know they were unfortunately occupied.. but our Platinum status was able to provide an upgrade to ocean view room. Rooms ending in even #'s are riverfront.

There is a nice rooftop pool and good size fitness center. Everything as expected, nice place, great location, awesome service. The price of water bottles ($4) was very high, as well as the breakfast is not included; regardless of any IHG status. Downstairs, drinks at the bar are generally $5.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in even #'s are riverfront
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Cagalindo,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am pleased our hotel exceeded your expectations, especially with our amazing views and associates. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.