“Nice Business Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a small conference I was running. The staff was excellent and handled everything we needed including some last-minute details. They have a killer spicy tuna salad in the restaurant that was so good I went back the next day to order it again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Patti H,
Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay; especially our tuna salad in the restaurant. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!

Kind Regards,
Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (2,965)

Reviewed 28 November 2013

My husband and I were there last week for my birthday celebration (a big one) with friends. We were there during the week so there were lots of corporate meetings (people with name tags). We loved the location on the river and near the Florida Theatre where we went for a concert. Two thing that stood out for me was the free shuttle that took us to our restaurant and picked us up to take us in time to the concert. Thanks to CJ our driver and a great guy. It was an easy walk back to the Hotel after the concert. I wrote a review of the Florida Theatre. Also, the buffet breakfast that was included in our room rate was good and also included an omelet bar.. We were upgraded to a river view room because it was my birthday, we just asked. The staff was very helpful, however there were some language problems. If you are there on non-business, there isn't a lot going on in the area. The rooms are respectable and clean, but they charge for WiFi

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susanna

Dear Susanna,

Thank you for spending your birthday at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront! We are so glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. If you are ever back in Jax we hope you will stay with us again.

All the Best,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had a very pleasant business stay at the Hyatt Riverfront. The room was very clean (when plugging in a charger I noticed how dust free even the lamps were). There were plenty of elevators were fast and never a wait for one. There is an Einstein Bros. Bagel shop on the outside of the hotel for quick breakfasts. The only gripe that I have with this hotel is that they while the offer free Wi-Fi in the lobby, there is an about $15 daily fee to access from your room. Considering what the room rates are, I think this is a rip-off.

Room Tip: The rooms with a river view are preferable
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Good front desk service; rooms are both comfortable and quiet, very good job of cleaning room; nice to be able to walk across the street and be able to stroll along the river...nice restaurants a short walk away. The conference area is convenient and nicely maintained

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I love this hotel. We always stop in Jacksonville on our way to South Florida and try to stay at the Hyatt whenever possible. The river views are stunning, and the hotel windows open so you can have the feel of having a balcony. The A/C does turn off when you open the windows, but if the weather permits, the open air feel is worth it! There are several restaurants nearby at Jacksonville Landing, so you can park your car and walk to dinner or shopping. There is a paved path along the river perfect for a walk or run, and you can traverse the Alsop bridge to get views from the other side of the river. Although we've never been to a Jags game, the stadium is close and you can take the water taxi to get there. The only negative I can think of is that there is no free wifi in the hotel rooms. There is free (slow) wifi in the lobby. The employees are professional and kind. We always have a great experience here.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view and a high floor!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda F.,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am so pleased you enjoy each and every stay! If you ever need anything, while in town, please don’t hesitate and ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to your many more stays with us.

All the Best,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel had some wonderful features, including the extremely inviting roof top pool and hot tub, very large conference rooms, conference rooms that are well kept with beautiful chandeliers, plenty of in-house restaurants, and a nice location to the river and the landing.
Overall, the staff was very professional and very friendly. The front staff and concierge need to better understand what transportation is available at the hotel. As I had booked a hotel recommended company to transport me from the airport to the hotel, I spoke with two employees who had never heard of the company I booked with, while trying to arrange a later transport after landing late. I was present for the housekeeping to clean the room on two occasions and I was very impressed on their efficient detail and kindness to ask if I needed anything else. Many staff in the halls asked if I needed assistance on several occasions. Although the front desk staff was very kind and patient, I experienced mistakes on more than one occasion, and had a lot of trouble understanding their explanations due to accent and grammar. I was definitely not happy with their practice of charging my credit card. I have never had a hotel debit my card one time per day for each night. I have had either full amounts at the beginning of my stay or at the end; and typically it has always been at the end of the stay. While this is fine for non-business, this becomes quite the pain, when I have to budget food expenses, hotel stay, travel etc. I am waiting for the authorizations to post, as they accidentally over-charged me. I called the hotel, and they assured me it would be fixed. If not I'll have to go through the fun of calling my bank.
I used the gym during my stay, and while the view was amazing, I would have traded it in a heart beat for equipment that would allow me to do more than one exercise per body part. Additionally, there was enough room for no more than one person to lift free weights at a time.
The landing is very close and has a few okay restaurants. If you are looking for fine dining you will have to get a cab, or travel across the river. The landing and walk-way is very beautiful. The landing mainly features restaurant/bars geared toward traveling business men.
Finally, I understand that this is a Hyatt so prices are going to be more than many other hotels. However, I live in Chicago and do not expect Chicago hotel prices when I am in Jacksonville, FL. Especially when the aesthetic quality of the hotel room, restaurants, and lobby, make my heart sad as I beg for the typical décor I get in Chicago.
I was impressed by the majority of the restaurant and catering staff, as they were very fast about clearing plates, taking orders, and providing attention to my needs.
While I feel that the hotel was a great choice for our conference due to the conference rooms and functionality of the set-up, I feel that the hotel was way over priced, and has a lot of work to do with general operations and quality. I would never personally chose this hotel after this experience. I think if it had an update in quality, décor, a huge price drop, or amenities I might consider a stay. Until then, I would find a different hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the river

Dear Zinsman33,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We value your opinions and will review in detail. We hope you will give our hotel another try.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week while at a work convention.

Big hotel. Nice meeting rooms.

Great location if you like to walk or run while you're traveling. Plenty of good restaurants nearby to walk to.

Service was good. Very friendly staff.

Didn't give it a top rating because the rooms felt dated. Not bad. Just not fresh.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Blueteej1997,

Thank you for your positive review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Best Regards,