“Overnight stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Spent the night to attend a concert at Metropolitan Park. Very prompt, courteous customer service from the front desk. Easy access to get a taxi, waiting outside the front entrance. The view of the river from our room was amazing and the downtown area! Rooms were fairly clean although I found a hair on the side of the bath which made me feel they didn't clean the shower thoroughly. Everything you needed was there, Starbucks downstairs, restaurants as well. Very nice walk to downtown eateries not far away. Enjoyed the atmosphere.

Room Tip: Anything overlooking the river, gorgeous view!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Mlrichter,
Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, while in town for a concert. We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel and in our wonderful city. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel 12/6/13

This was my 4th stay at the Hyatt Riverfront; my first stay with my husband.

We received amazing personal attention from Jordan at the front desk and Cheryl at the valet. I have enjoyed my stays on business. This was my first leisure trip at the hotel. My husband loves to run and Jordan gave us a map of the local area with mile marks for running. When he returned to the hotel Cheryl was there to give him a cold bottle of water.

On previous trips the staff has always been attentive. I feel the Hyatt offers the best service in Jacksonville and I plan to stay there again.

Good for business or a weekend getaway. Try the Metro Diner on Hendricks for an amazing breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear SBA546,

Welcome Back! Thank you so much for recognizing our wonderful customer service. Our staff takes great pride in ensuring all of our guests have an exceptional stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again real soon!

Fl
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was a great stay...watched the Jacksonville Light Boat Parade & Fireworks Spectacular from the upgraded river view room....bedding was super comfortable .......loved the staff and breakfast,,,,,What a great palce

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear uli1,

Thank you for the warm comments regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, over the Light Boat Parade. I am so glad our staff exceeded your expectations. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed at this property in October 2013 for a business conference. Staff was excellent and friendly, rooms were clean and well appointed. I was worried as my room shared a wall with the back of a bank of elevators. The elevators beep as they go up and down with every floor that they pass and I was sure that I would hear that in my room - but I didn't!! Breakfast was included in my "Business rate" and the breakfast buffet and omelet station were good though not a lot of variety from day-to-day. The only thing preventing me from giving this property a "very good" was the musty smell whenever one entered the lobby from outside the hotel. Not sure if it was just a consequence of being in Florida or if there are larger issues at play here. Not much around the hotel, though the RiverWalk was great for a nice long walk in the warm October weather (when it was snowing back home!). A few restaurants close by - mostly catering to the business lunch crowd. I'

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingDrJ
Dear Jason N,
Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront while in town for a conference. We appreciate your feedback. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a small conference I was running. The staff was excellent and handled everything we needed including some last-minute details. They have a killer spicy tuna salad in the restaurant that was so good I went back the next day to order it again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Patti H,
Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay; especially our tuna salad in the restaurant. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My husband and I were there last week for my birthday celebration (a big one) with friends. We were there during the week so there were lots of corporate meetings (people with name tags). We loved the location on the river and near the Florida Theatre where we went for a concert. Two thing that stood out for me was the free shuttle that took us to our restaurant and picked us up to take us in time to the concert. Thanks to CJ our driver and a great guy. It was an easy walk back to the Hotel after the concert. I wrote a review of the Florida Theatre. Also, the buffet breakfast that was included in our room rate was good and also included an omelet bar.. We were upgraded to a river view room because it was my birthday, we just asked. The staff was very helpful, however there were some language problems. If you are there on non-business, there isn't a lot going on in the area. The rooms are respectable and clean, but they charge for WiFi

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank susanna
Dear Susanna,

Thank you for spending your birthday at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront! We are so glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. If you are ever back in Jax we hope you will stay with us again.

All the Best,
Pittsburgh area
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had a very pleasant business stay at the Hyatt Riverfront. The room was very clean (when plugging in a charger I noticed how dust free even the lamps were). There were plenty of elevators were fast and never a wait for one. There is an Einstein Bros. Bagel shop on the outside of the hotel for quick breakfasts. The only gripe that I have with this hotel is that they while the offer free Wi-Fi in the lobby, there is an about $15 daily fee to access from your room. Considering what the room rates are, I think this is a rip-off.

Room Tip: The rooms with a river view are preferable
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business