“Downtown Location is the Best Feature”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #11 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Walking distance to downtown and Jax Landing for dinner/theater. Nice walk/run path along the river out front.

Hotel is for conventions mostly and is sprawling. Get a room near the elevator. Bars are small and uninteresting. Dining choice is expensive and very limited. Food is very average throughout. Must valet really.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Tounderpar,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again during the New Year.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I recently spent 2 night at the Hyatt Riverfront with my MIL. I booked last minute due to my grandfather having surgery at St Vincent's.
It was a wonderfully peaceful experience from valet to registration to dinner to checkout. The staff were all super friendly and helpful. The rooms were super clean, just a little bit dated. Overall it was nice. I called to request an extra blanket and it was at our door very quickly! The restaurant in the lobby, Trellis was excellent and reasonably priced. The location was also great. Very simple drive to and from the hospital. Thanks for making our stressful week calm at night.

• Stayed: December 2013
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear ParkerFamily03,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am pleased our hotel exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your business. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Our stay at this hotel was for a dance conference. My roommate and I found the room to be spacious and comfy with everything we needed. Nice storage space. The bed was cozy and comfy. Quiet for a hotel.
Check-in and out were easy and quick. Staff warm and friendly.

One caveat. We were warned by the sweet bellhop when we entered the room about the windows. "If you can see out, they can see in". So be careful you are not accidentally exposing your assets. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tigresseromantique

Dear Tigresseromantique,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am pleased our hotel exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Spent the night to attend a concert at Metropolitan Park. Very prompt, courteous customer service from the front desk. Easy access to get a taxi, waiting outside the front entrance. The view of the river from our room was amazing and the downtown area! Rooms were fairly clean although I found a hair on the side of the bath which made me feel they didn't clean the shower thoroughly. Everything you needed was there, Starbucks downstairs, restaurants as well. Very nice walk to downtown eateries not far away. Enjoyed the atmosphere.

Room Tip: Anything overlooking the river, gorgeous view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mlrichter,
Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, while in town for a concert. We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel and in our wonderful city. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel 12/6/13

This was my 4th stay at the Hyatt Riverfront; my first stay with my husband.

We received amazing personal attention from Jordan at the front desk and Cheryl at the valet. I have enjoyed my stays on business. This was my first leisure trip at the hotel. My husband loves to run and Jordan gave us a map of the local area with mile marks for running. When he returned to the hotel Cheryl was there to give him a cold bottle of water.

On previous trips the staff has always been attentive. I feel the Hyatt offers the best service in Jacksonville and I plan to stay there again.

Good for business or a weekend getaway. Try the Metro Diner on Hendricks for an amazing breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SBA546,

Welcome Back! Thank you so much for recognizing our wonderful customer service. Our staff takes great pride in ensuring all of our guests have an exceptional stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was a great stay...watched the Jacksonville Light Boat Parade & Fireworks Spectacular from the upgraded river view room....bedding was super comfortable .......loved the staff and breakfast,,,,,What a great palce

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear uli1,

Thank you for the warm comments regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, over the Light Boat Parade. I am so glad our staff exceeded your expectations. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed at this property in October 2013 for a business conference. Staff was excellent and friendly, rooms were clean and well appointed. I was worried as my room shared a wall with the back of a bank of elevators. The elevators beep as they go up and down with every floor that they pass and I was sure that I would hear that in my room - but I didn't!! Breakfast was included in my "Business rate" and the breakfast buffet and omelet station were good though not a lot of variety from day-to-day. The only thing preventing me from giving this property a "very good" was the musty smell whenever one entered the lobby from outside the hotel. Not sure if it was just a consequence of being in Florida or if there are larger issues at play here. Not much around the hotel, though the RiverWalk was great for a nice long walk in the warm October weather (when it was snowing back home!). A few restaurants close by - mostly catering to the business lunch crowd. I'

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelingDrJ

Dear Jason N,
Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront while in town for a conference. We appreciate your feedback. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.