Let me first say that downtown Jacksonville is really nothing special. There's not much to do unless you're here for an event, as we were. Fair warning.
On to the Hyatt. We had a pleasant stay overall, so here is the pro/con list:
Pros: Great, central location. Walking distance to riverside shopping, food area with lots of live music at night. Close to Everbank stadium where big events and shows play. (We were here for US soccer match). Very nice staff (lots of yes ma'm/ no ma'm and southern hospitality). Hotel lobby is beautiful with plenty of relaxing space, bar space and a big restaurant. They even have a smaller sports bar separate from the main area, which was nice because it keep the noise down. Clean room. Starbucks coffee in room. Good a/c. Free wifi if you join the free Hyatt club. The river view is very pretty and we saw lots of dolphins!
Cons: above mentioned riverside food and shopping area is a bit rundown and the restaurant we ate at was terrible. There didn't seem to be good restaurant options nearby. While the room was clean, it was very outdated and our mattress was uncomfortable. The toilet worked SO well that when we flushed it, it sounded like a jet engine. We were almost scared. :)
Truthfully, this hotel is fine for a short trip. The staff was accommodating and pleasant. We just felt the class of people here is not high calibre. Very casual crowd. Nice, but flip flops and beer kinda folks. (Use that opinion however you'd like)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the lifestyle and landscape of the real Florida at our Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront hotel. Set along the St. Johns River within the heart of the city’s business, entertainment and sports districts, our outstanding downtown Jacksonville hotel is adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing, a hotspot for dining & entertainment, and within minutes of famous white sand beaches, championship golf courses, EverBank Field, water sports, museums and arts venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel Jacksonville
- Hyatt Jacksonville Riverfront