“Very Nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jasper, Florida
“Very Nice hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Nice place to stay. Stayed here twice while going to concerts at The Florida Theater. I don't know why the rate is more on Wednesday then Thursday thru Friday, but still a great place on the river and 3 blocks from the theater. We will be staying again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Shelby B, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Greetings wayne1961,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate your positive feedback and comments about our hotel and location on the riverwalk. We look forward to seeing you next time you are here for a concert or other event in Downtown Jacksonville.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My hubbie suprised me with a Trip to Jacksonville.
He had Everything planned out.
He chose this Hotel.
I loved, loved this hotel.
It had such a lovely view of the bridge at nite.
And I also loved the staff and Jacksonville.
So here I am again about to book this hotel
and go back to jacksonville again.
I really enjoyed myself here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings AKiyia,

Thank you for sharing your story of your surprise vacation. We appreciate your positive feedback and comments in regards to our property, staff, and city. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another stay-cation.

Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Attended a conference here and must say the staff are all polite and say hello. My only complaint was the room view. Room was serviced early in the day. Food served at the conference was good. They have a private taxi service that was great for large groups going out to dinner. Noticed bicycles available for the guests at the front. Convenient walkway along the river.

Room Tip: Do not accept 417 - the view was the rooftop!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Greetings MountJuliet2011,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience with us. We are glad our staff and hotel exceeded your expectations while you were in Downtown Jacksonville. We appreciate your positive feedback and comments.

Kind Regards,
Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Hyatt Regency in Jacksonville is located right on the riverfront and it was nice to stroll down the river and watch the boats go by. The hotel is self is really nice and comfortable and had LOTS of places to plug in your cell phones, ipads etc. We went to the rooftop pool on day one of our arrival, but it was closed for renovation. We went to the front desk and they made arrangements for us to use the Omni Hotels pools and even paid for a cab to get us there and back.

We walked to a quaint little mom and pop Italian restaurant Casa Dora which was a few minutes walk from the hotel. The owner was so kind to us and we had a yummy meal.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Shelby B, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Greetings Flying4,

Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, property, and surrounding businesses. Isn't Casa Dora amazing? We love sending our guests to try local cuisine and know Casa Dora will treat them with the best hospitality. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Downtown Jacksonville.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I have to say this hotel is very good.
I stayed here for 2 nights.
Being absolutely jet lagged I checked in at 11 in the night.
Check in was absolutely smooth.
I have to admit I was spectical reading some comments on trip advisor before booking it.
But in think I made a good choice.
The rooms are very clean. The food was very good.
The vending machines now work excellently.
This is fine experience would definetely stay here again

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings Abizer N,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay. With a late check in, we are happy we could make it a smooth process allowing to you get to your room quickly. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback in regards to your experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Downtown Jacksonville.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was having an issue online with booking the type of room I wanted. I decided to call the hotel directly to get assistance with booking. The customer service over the phone was great. The lady assisting me aksed a few questions found out what I needed and wanted then booked everything in a matter of minutes. The entire staff provided a level of quality service that would make anyone feel like a MVP guest prior to learning our family was a Gold Star Family. Once the staff were informed that my husband was a fallen soldier, they extended condolences and gratitude for my husband's sacrifice. I will defiantly stay here again when we are visiting this area.

• Stayed July 2014
Greetings Danielle N C,

Thank you for your kind and warm review in regards to your recent stay with us. We are glad we could assist you with your reservation and carry on a wonderful experience throughout your entire stay. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Downtown Jacksonville.

Irvington, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am a Diamond on Hyatt, and when traveling on business always choose Hyatt first, sometimes over location or amenities.

While this property tried to show the newer more upscale Hyatt spirit it fell short, and I realized I was spending the night here on a loyal traveler basis, instead of by choice.

The building was in no way fresh, the rooms in similar shape, even the Regency Club just average and lackluster. It probably does not matter if the property gets reviews like this one as it was apparently very busy from the meeting and convention traffic it had.

Just expected more, and have come to expect more from Hyatt and was disappointed that this property just didn't seem to try.

Room Tip: The hallways are very very long, ask for one closer to the elevator if you are not interested in bot...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Greetings Rick L.,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Downtown Jacksonville. We value your loyalty to the Hyatt Gold Passport program and your continued dedication to our properties and brands. Being a Diamond Member with Hyatt, we truly appreciate your feedback about your experience at our hotel. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests stay in order to better accommodate our travelers. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss what we can do to improve the experience of our loyal customers here at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront.

Kind Regards,