“Very Nice Property”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #10 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We recently spent 4 nights at the Hyatt for a business conference. The Hyatt was a wonderful property. We ate 2 meals at the hotel; dinner the night of arrival at the sports bar, then breakfast the next morning in the restaurant. Both meals were good, but I have to say I had the best grilled cheese sandwich every at Jaxx Sports Bar. The fitness center was well appointed and the pool area on the roof was large enough to accommodate a lot of guests at once. Our room was very comfortable and was appointed with all the usual amenities. The only thing missing was free wi-fi access in the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Bobby the doorman. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront for your latest business trip. We appreciate the feedback in regard to your stay and value your comments. We were glad to hear you enjoyed all the amenities our hotel has to offer and that we met your expectations. Despite not having complimentary wi-fi in our guest rooms, we are glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront

Reviewed 19 June 2010

I am writing the review from the room in this hotel and I have to say that of all the Hyatt locations I have been to, this has been by far the best. The hotel is beautiful and offers lots of dining options (Full Restaurant, Coffee/Drink Bar, Einstein Bagel and Sports Bar). I was traveling on business and for the weekend a couple of my family members in Florida asked to join me so we could see each other when I was done. I asked the staff to put us in 2 connecting rooms - and they must have given us the very best room in the hotel. All of the rooms have wonderful soft beds, updated furniture and all the amazing amenities one expects from a Hyatt. As a diamond, they also gave me certificates for breakfast and appetizers which would be used for full meals. I was traveling with small children - and the staff was more than accommodating for the kids and my family. This hotel is perfect for business travel or family travel. It's in the ideal location (near the landing which has a number of shops and tourist attractions) with wonderful views. However, like every Hyatt - what makes this hotel first rate is the staff. From the front desk staff, to the room keepers to the waiters and waitresses - they are all top notch. Any time I will be in the Jacksonville area, this will be the ONLY hotel I will stay in. Hands down, this hotel is a great value for what you get. P/S: Check out the pool! It's on the roof and amazing!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to share feedback regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are glad that our team was able to meet your expectations, especially for someone such as yourself who travels on a regular basis.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 6 June 2010

This hotel was somewhat of a disappointment for my husband and I. We expected alot more by it being on the riverfront. The location was great. There were very nice restaurants down the street.

They upgraded us to a river view when we checked in. That was nice but they put us in rm 666. The sheets were coming off before we even got in the bed. come to find out, they had no fitted sheets. only flat sheets. there was a funny smell in the hall and in the room. the furniture is dated...

we had a great timein Jax though because it was Valentines weekend and we spent very little time in our dated, smelly little room.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2010

The management team at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront would like to thank you for giving us feedback regarding your stay in February. We were sorry to hear you were kind of disappointed. Our team takes pride in serving our customers, and our goal is to provide authentic hospitality. In regards to your sheets on the bed, it is a hotel standard to use flat sheets versus fitted sheets, however we apologize for the sheets being short sheeted. We will use your comments and share with the housekeeping staff. Thank you again for staying with us. We were delighted you enjoyed our wonderful city and hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 23 May 2010

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The service was outstanding, the rooms were clean, and the location was great. It's very close to restaurants at Jacksonville Landing, but I found much better restaurants a few blocks away. As for bars, nothing beats Mark's, which is about 1 block away. Great drinks, even better prices, and sweet tunes. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding your previous stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. The management team was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Hyatt goal is to provide authentic hospitality! We were also glad to read that you were able to experience some of Jacksonville's hot spots while in town.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 22 May 2010

Just returned from the Hyatt Jacksonville last week and i was honestly surprised by the overall quality of the stay. The location is very nice its right by the water and if you get the right room, you will have an amazing view of the river right across the street. Also the hotel is very close to Jacksonville landing which has some shops and various restaurants as well as live music on the weekends.
The rooms were well appointed and very spacious, i did not think the decor was lacking at all as some of the other reviewers had stated, it has an i pod dock and modern desk/furniture the only thing i would say that needs updating is the tv in the rooms. One quick tip before purchasing the internet at the hotel try picking up the wireless signals from the near by bussiness it will save you the money and the hassle of purchasing the hotel internet or going to the lobby for free wifi access.
The fitness center is very modern with brand new equitment and they supply nice cold towels for after your work out which is a nice touch. The pool is also very nice situatied on the 19th floor it has plenty of beach chairs to lounge on, and a bar to order drinks, plus amazing views of the river below.. The hot tub however was dissapointing and had mold, another observation was the lack of lifeguards by the pool and the amount of kids pretty much doing what they wanted and ruining the pool expericence a little bit.
Overall the Hyatt supplied me with a nice mini vacation and if i am ever going to be in the area again both myself and my girlfriend would not hesistate to choose the hyatt again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2010

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your previous stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy all of the amenities the Hyatt had to offer during your mini vacation. We were also glad to read that you were able to experience some of Jacksonville's hot spots while in town. We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 18 May 2010

We got great help from the front desk (Rakesh Patel) when we ask for a larger room and a river view. He was helpful in searching for something that would work, even though the hotel was completely booked for a conference we were attending. He also got us some free breakfast coupons and a refrigerator for my medication.
The room was always kept clean and fresh. The staff also made us a dinner reservation one night. We had a good room service dinner and two very good breakfasts.
At check-out, I noticed a $30 charge from the gift shop that was not ours and it was promptly taken off the bill. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

The management team at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your previous stay. We were glad to hear Rakesh and the rest of the staff were able to go above and beyond your expectations. Our goal at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront is to provide authentic hospitality and ensure our customers have a memorable experience.

Reviewed 12 May 2010

I asked the concierge where I could walk to buy some water and other items. I was told that the closest place was about a 15 minute walk and that it really is not a safe place to walk to. It was suggested that I take a shuttle instead (for a cost of course). There is a shop in the lobby that sells individual bottles of water. I was charged $4.75 for a large bottle of water! They also have 24oz waters in the rooms for $4. In the lobby at lunch they were selling cans of soda in the lobby for $4. I understand they have to make a profit but this is ridiculous

The internet service is free however it is not wireless which is a bummer