“Has it all” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Rancho Mirage, California
“Has it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Very nice place especially if you are Sick and have to spend a few days. Surroundings pretty, staff helpful, modern rooms very comfy and with wonderful almost full kitchen. Large library with games and newspaper. More than adequate breakfast
Self laundry

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank tizibug
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for your kind review and description of our ammenities. Not only does each room have a full kitchen, but we also provide complimentary grocery shopping to ensure that your kitchen is stocked with whatever food and drinks you may need. We also host activities throughout the week (such as BUNCO, BINGO, Trivia, Pet Therapy, Crochet, Arts and Crafts and Horseshoes) at no charge to participate to help you enjoy your stay and enable you to better get to know our hotel team and other guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Melbourne Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel was very clean, staff friendly, Rick at the front desk was exceptional. The location was great if you are going to Mayo, a walkway connects you to the hospital. Beds were SUPER plush and comfy. It reminded me of a Residence Inn; kitchen, couches, chairs, etc. I would highly recommend. The only reason it did not get 5 stars is that there was no pool or hot tub.

HOWEVER, we received a military discount which made the room under $100. I would not pay much more than that.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank floridaNP
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the cleanliness of the room and our staff service.
Casselberry, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Inn several times when I have had medical issues that needed Mayo's outstanding service. The Inn is very comfortable, the staff is incredibly pleasant, the breakfasts are good (when I could eat it!), and the location could not be any better. We've been here in cold and wet weather and it was so easy to get to the clinics and for my husband to come back to the room for some rest. Having a kitchenette saved a lot of money. We've never had any problems getting reservations. Our only suggestion is to get a room on the top floor for better wireless reception. Laundry facilities were also welcomed.

Room Tip: We found that wireless reception was best in rooms on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan M
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
We are so happy that you have been pleased with our team, breakfast and location. Many of our guests enjoy our kitchens and also our complimentary grocery shopping, which allows them to save money and enjoy eating in the comfort of their own suite. We recently upgraded our internet bandwidth and now enjoy some of the fastest speeds in the area.
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Okay I must say some people that have been writing all these negative and derogatory reviews have either been staying at a different hotel or they are just in not the best of moods to begin with possibly due to the circumstances. Yes maybe you will pay a bit more for the convenience... this is life people... you have the comfort of walking straight into the hospital. You want to drive a Lexus even though it's really a Toyota.... you will pay for the convenience/name brand Lexus... c'est la vie. You buy tickets at ticket master you pay a "convenience fee" to not have to wait in line at the box office... everyone get the picture here. Even with all that said the price paid for the suite was no more than I would have paid for a 2 bed 2 bath suite anywhere else... and quite frankly there are stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, flat screen tv's... hello much nicer than some apartments I have had the pleasure of leasing in my apartment living days. I am not sure what people expect but this is a hotel, not your house. Granted the sofa bed was not the most comfortable, but has anyone ever truly slept comfortably on a sofa bed before? I do think that in the suites since each bedroom has 1 bed as opposed to the single rooms 2, that the suites should have king size beds... but its not really a deal breaker. The breakfast buffet was great in my opinion, better than any buffet ever included with any room I have booked. There was make your own Belgium waffles with tons of toppings, eggs, sausage, eggs Benedict, cereal oatmeal, bagels.. if anyone has a problem with that, then they should walk themselves into the hospital and eat in the cafeteria so they can complain it is over priced! Bottom line.... great hotel, see you again in a few weeks ;)

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Carmen S
Thank you for your kind words. What a wonderful review! We appreciate you choosing our hotel and choosing to come back. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Trenton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

We are frequent flyers at Mayo, unfortunately. Having a hotel directly connected to both Canaday and Davis buildings makes things so much easier. Wheelchair-bound folk can easily move back and forth from room to appointments, etc.

We've always stayed in 2-room suites, usually with roll-in shower, etc. Never had any issue with room, accommodations, or staff. In fact, we've always found the staff at the hotel to be very attentive and helpful.

About our only negative this visit is the same room we always have has jumped quite a bit in price, or we always get a better price than this time. From $180-ish to $250-ish a night. That hurts. This current stay is 4 nights. Or $1000. That's more than my mortgage. And they accept no discounts from AARP/AAA, or others, according to check-in staff.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank S0UTHERNCR0SS
We are so glad that you have been pleased with our service. For those guests in wheelchairs, we also offer a service that we call "wheelchair assistance." We will have someone push you from your room to your appointments in a wheelchair so that it is one less worry for you and your caregiver. While we are part of the Mayo Clinic building and you do not have to even go outside to get to your appointments in the Mayo, Cannady and Davis buildings, we also do have a hotel shuttle that will transport you wherever you would like oon the Mayo Clinic campus. Please be sure to mention what brings you to the area to find out about the very best rate available.
THREE LAKES
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

I don't want to sound like it is terrible, but it is not at all as it should be. First 6 - 8 weeks before our arrival we made reservations, adjoining rooms weren't available and I was going to care for the person I was with so I asked and confirmed a minimum of 6 times that my room was right next door to hers, If she needed me she could bang on the wall was my comment. When we arrived our rooms were across the hall from one another and would not be changed. The length of stay was incorrect which I found out when I had a bill under my door one morning, it was corrected, I am warning others to not rely on anything that is told to you. Never have I been in a hotel and been treated so rudely, but it seemed in each department there was one very nice person. I saw one maintenance man for the entire building for the two weeks we were there, so be patient. I fixed my own toilet since he had already put a new phone jack in for me. When I arrived the phone didn't work at all, the toilet ran all night. Room cleaning.. now you are in for roulette. One wonderful woman who actually cleans the rooms every time she comes in and lays towels and things out in such a way that you can tell she cares. Other times I honestly had no one even come in, as well as I have had coffee stuffed in the basket and towels thrown on the bathroom counter. Nothing more. I have a huge pet peeve, and not everyone will agree with me. I believe everyone working in a most all english speaking hotel attached to a medical facility should be able to speak enough English to communicate basics. If I needed something so much as extra towels for the person I was caring for it could take a game of charades or a search for someone to help me out. There is not enough staff at this Hotel is something I heard from other guests over and over. They advertise that they have washers and dryers. Please, please know they have two washers and two dryers for the entire 3 floors of rooms. I was in doing laundry one day as a woman was finishing saying it took her 3 days to have a turn at the laundry. Upside of it is the laundry room does have free soap piped into it. See I found something good. I hated the fact that there were no screens on the windows in neither of our living rooms or bedrooms. I can't say anything about breakfast as I was not down for it. I was told the woman taking care of it was very nice. Location? It's right off the highway and to the left and down 2 miles is shopping. If you go down and take a right you go to the beach. It is close to many things. St. Augustine is a half hour. We stayed because of the clinic.. we will stay again because of the clinic. If there was another choice attached to the Clinic, I am positive we would try it before staying here again. I have no idea why as it was loud and annoying but instead of being able to go down into the "workout" room to ride the bike it was being used by someone playing an instrument. Sounded hornish... Why on earth would they allow a person to make all that noise, and it was noise let me tell you, not music to do so in a hotel that's business was made by people who were there to be at the Mayo Clinic??? Does that tell you the sense of this place?

Room Tip: This is one Hotel I would go and literally check on my room before agreeing to pay for it for 2 week...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank CARRIE S
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Thank you for being willing to stay with us again after a dissapointing stay. I am very sorry for the housekeeping situation. I am glad that there was one person that provided great service, but that should be the norm, not the exception. We are following up with our team to ensure no other guest has this same experience. While we do not have adjoining rooms, we do have two bedroom suites, which guests often enjoy as an option, and may work well for your family in the future. We do try to confirm and reconfirm reservations while still on the phone and then again through multiple e-mail confirmations if an e-mail address is provided. I am very sorry that we confirmed your reservation incorrectly in this case. We have been in the process of having a cleaning company come in and clean all of our windows, and your stay was during this process, which was why the screen was down. We just wanted to ensure that all of our windows, including on our higher floors were clean for our current and future guests.
Oxford, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

The only two things that make The Inn worth staying in is its closeness to the Mayo building at the clinic and the breakfest buffet. The building is badly in need of repair. During our first stay the air conditioner in the room above us malfunctioned and flooded our room. The toilet was loose from the floor and rocked from side to side when in use. The sink in the powder room drained very slowly and would fill up when in use. There was no hot water in the morning.
We made a reservation for a two bedroom suite and received an email confirmation. When we arrived we were told that a two bedroom suite was not available. We were offered another room with a roll away bed which we had to accept because our Mayo apointment was early in the morning. We had to call three times over a 4 hour period to get the bedding to make up the rollaway.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor, must keep drapes closed, very claustrophobic.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank duckhawk1011
The experience that this guest had was completely unacceptable and we are very sorry. We have since communicated personally with the guest about the situation and have put measures into place to address these issues. This is by far not a normal experience at our hotel and we are very regretful for what happened.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Days Inn Neptune Jacksonville Beach Mayport Mayo Clinic NE

Been to The Inn at Mayo Clinic? Share your experiences!