I spent a month here as a caregiver for someone awaiting, and receiving, a transplant at Mayo. Needless to say it is convenient to the hospital and clinic since there were scores of appointments and lab visits pre and post operation. At various times, a number of the guests at this hotel are patients. If you are put off by that, better to find another hotel. There is another Marriott a short van ride away. This place and their staff are wonderful. For patients of transplants who need special care after their procedures, you cannot beat this place. The kitchen staff go out of their way to comply with "doctor's orders," since many patients cannot have the buffet food. The breakfast buffet, by the way, is very good. There are eggs (both hard boiled and scrambled) and usually sausages or some meat dish. There are oatmeal, and grits--a new favorite for me, with things like salsa, cheese, etc. Muffins, bagels, toast, etc. and the machine for making waffles which I found to be very good. Fruits for toppings. Room staff are also very understanding of needs of both caregivers and patients. There is a small laundry on the second floor with machines that take quarters. Very convenient and they always worked. There are services available for those without cars, including a hotel van around the complex. There is also a community van that can get you to local shopping centers. Ask for assistance at the front desk. The kitchen in the room was small, but worked for us. The desk staff will also take orders for groceries from the local Publix market. Order before 9:00 am and delivery comes in the afternoon. This was a wonderful resource for us who were without a car, and whoever does the shopping does a great job of selecting fresh food. If you want to have restaurant food for lunch or dinner, you can get the free hotel van to the other Marriott hotel on the campus and eat there or get take out. Could find some little negatives about this hotel but they aren't worth mentioning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a compassionate and obliging staff, smartly appointed suites and special discounts for extended stays, the Inn at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville Florida provides a soothing environment. Connected to the Mayo Clinic by an enclosed, climate-controlled walkway, this smoke-free hotel offers spacious studio, 1- and 2-bedroom suites that surround you with the comforts of home. You'll find a full kitchen, a relaxing living area and sleeping areas. Complimentary services abound, like grocery pickup and delivery, daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast and on-campus shuttle. Close to Jacksonville beaches and major attractions, this unique Jacksonville, Florida hotel offers an onsite fitness center for your enjoyment. Free High Speed Wireless Internet is also available in all guest rooms. For those guests with special needs, rooms with walk in or roll in showers can also be requested. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Mayo Clinic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Mayo Clinic Hotel Jacksonville
- Residence Inn Jacksonville
- Mayo Clinic Inn
- Hotel At Mayo Clinic