If you are with a family member or friend undergoing surgery or hospital stay at the Mayo Clinic, I highly recommend this inn. We were a little hesitant at the price, given that we could get much cheaper elsewhere in Jacksonville, even places that were relatively close, but there is nothing like being able to walk down the corridor to the Clinic from your room to visit your loved one. We would be able to visit multiple times per day, including a quick stop in after we had returned from dinner, and it was no big deal if my father-in-law was at therapy or tests, or asleep. We also didn't all need to go at once; one of us could go upstairs, and others follow as worked for them as we all juggled doing work on our computers with the free wifi (or cabled access from the desk).
There were three of us, so my sister-in-law slept in the living room, which has a full-size kitchen and fridge with plates, utensils, etc., for your use. We didn't go grocery shopping, but it was nice to have the fridge for beverages and leftovers, and snacks. If you were staying longer, it could save you money in the long run to be able to stock the fridge for your stay.
Breakfast was fine - Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn level free breakfast - waffle iron, bagel,s fruit, cereal, sausage patties, boiled eggs, etc.
There is no pool on the property - but it does have a small exercise room with two treadmills and a stationary bike.
It's also very convenient to the beach area for dinner choices to get off the property for a bit.
The only bad thing about the arrangement was that the bathroom is off the bedroom, so my sister in law would need to come in through the bedroom to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. That's it. the only complaint.
So - spring for the extra and enjoy the convenience and ease of being close to your loved one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a compassionate and obliging staff, smartly appointed suites and special discounts for extended stays, the Inn at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville Florida provides a soothing environment. Connected to the Mayo Clinic by an enclosed, climate-controlled walkway, this smoke-free hotel offers spacious studio, 1- and 2-bedroom suites that surround you with the comforts of home. You'll find a full kitchen, a relaxing living area and sleeping areas. Complimentary services abound, like grocery pickup and delivery, daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast and on-campus shuttle. Close to Jacksonville beaches and major attractions, this unique Jacksonville, Florida hotel offers an onsite fitness center for your enjoyment. Free High Speed Wireless Internet is also available in all guest rooms. For those guests with special needs, rooms with walk in or roll in showers can also be requested. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Inn at Mayo Clinic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Mayo Clinic Hotel Jacksonville
- Residence Inn Jacksonville
- Mayo Clinic Inn
- Hotel At Mayo Clinic