“it's worth the peace of mind and convenience”

The Inn at Mayo Clinic
Ranked #65 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 18 June 2010

If you are with a family member or friend undergoing surgery or hospital stay at the Mayo Clinic, I highly recommend this inn. We were a little hesitant at the price, given that we could get much cheaper elsewhere in Jacksonville, even places that were relatively close, but there is nothing like being able to walk down the corridor to the Clinic from your room to visit your loved one. We would be able to visit multiple times per day, including a quick stop in after we had returned from dinner, and it was no big deal if my father-in-law was at therapy or tests, or asleep. We also didn't all need to go at once; one of us could go upstairs, and others follow as worked for them as we all juggled doing work on our computers with the free wifi (or cabled access from the desk).

There were three of us, so my sister-in-law slept in the living room, which has a full-size kitchen and fridge with plates, utensils, etc., for your use. We didn't go grocery shopping, but it was nice to have the fridge for beverages and leftovers, and snacks. If you were staying longer, it could save you money in the long run to be able to stock the fridge for your stay.

Breakfast was fine - Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn level free breakfast - waffle iron, bagel,s fruit, cereal, sausage patties, boiled eggs, etc.

There is no pool on the property - but it does have a small exercise room with two treadmills and a stationary bike.

It's also very convenient to the beach area for dinner choices to get off the property for a bit.

The only bad thing about the arrangement was that the bathroom is off the bedroom, so my sister in law would need to come in through the bedroom to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. That's it. the only complaint.

So - spring for the extra and enjoy the convenience and ease of being close to your loved one.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moseylou
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for the kind review. We are glad that you were able to conveniently visit your loved one.

Reviewed 14 December 2009

I loved this hotel and will be staying again for my next visit. I checked in with my husband around 7pm and phones were ringing off the hook with one person at the desk. I was a little disappointed on first arriving she was on the phone for 10min looking at us. We continued to wait another 15min because something was messed up with checking in. I had a hard time standing due to the nature of my condition an did not realize check in would take around 30min.

The suite was beautiful we could tell it was recently remodeled. We had a nice bedroom with a flat screen tv in the bedroom and living room. There is a mini kitchen with a dishwasher and a double stove top and fridge for cooking and storing food.. The couch was very comfy!! I loved how the living room and bedroom were separated by double doors. The feel was like a modern home/apartment and very comfortable when I was not feeling well.

The other plus is that it was connected to the Mayo Clinic with a hallway that is open Mon-Fri 6:30am-9pm I believe. That was nice for me because it was 40 degrees the day I went and didn't have to venture outside or very far. It also is nice because Mayo Clinic has two cafes you can buy food at and a nice gift shop so it was something to do while waiting. Or after fasting for blood work.

The hotel offers a free continental breakfast with make your own waffles. Toast, bagels, donuts, grits, mixed fruit, coffee, tea and oatmeal. There is a little market opened 24/7 to purchase drinks, select food, or medication. It also has room service by delivering groceries you select with a minimum purchase order I believe there is a fee.

It is a 5min drive to major fast food chains and stores and within 10min to the beach.
I recommend anyone visiting the mayo clinic or who has a appointment to stay at this hotel it is very nice and very centralized to everything. It is a plus if you are feeling very ill, and your doctor is rite next door.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review! We have since upgraded our breakfast offering to include a full hot breakfast buffet and hope that you have had the chance to try it.

Reviewed 14 October 2009

My experience at the Inn at Mayo Clinic was a very good experience. The room was very clean, newly decorated, well furnished and accomodations for 3 people, equipped with a cook stove top, a microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee pot and a large refrigerator and 2 last flat screen televisions. Since we were there for testing at Mayo Clinic, this was perfect for us. We enjoyed the exercise room, the laundry room and especially the continental breakfast, complete with waffes, even grits for us southern girls! We were 5 minutes from the beach and less than 5 minutes from the chain restaurants, shopping malls and even fast food places. The convenience, the cleanliness and the kindness of the staff is reasons I will go again. The only negative that I have is the reason I was there was not for a happy trip, but to be close to my daughter who is very ill and having testing at Mayo Clinic, but I would certainly recomment this Inn to anyone looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Thank you for the nice review. We hope your daughter is doing better.

Reviewed 8 August 2009

My mother had a kidney transplant at the mayo. She and my father and various family members stayed at the inn for a month. One room had a broken bed - it took them 3 days to move my parents. I was with them for 5 days - the bathrooms were not clean in spite of daily house-keeping visits. Today I went to the front desk and let them know. After housekeeping left - the floors were still filthy and the beginning mold still on the tub. I went down to the front desk again and told them it was unacceptable. Instead of sending up a manager - they sent the same woman who hadn't cleaned it in the first place. I had to show her how to do her job. I've traveled a lot and stayed in many hotels. I can tell you that if not for its proximity to the Mayo Clinic, this hotel would/should have NO business. And, while the rates are slightly under market - they are not that inexpensive. We will be lodging official complaints with Marriott and with the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank dedhamfoodie
theinngm, General Manager at The Inn at Mayo Clinic, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

We are sorry for your experience and have adjusted our training practices to ensure that other guests do not have that same experience. In regards to our beds, we have since replaced all of our mattresses and almost all of our box springs.

Reviewed 13 May 2009

I stayed at the Inn at Mayo in 2007, and was puzzled by the comments that the rooms are run down and dirty. I Was concerned that it had gone down hill in two years. I stayed there again in May, 2009. Our room was immaculate.

The rate for a room ($169 a night ) is reasonable, since Jacksonville motels/hotels are pricey. The rooms are suites, with a sitting room, a complete kitchen and a bedroom. The Inn provides a shuttle service to all locations at the Mayo Clinic. In addition, it will do grocery shopping, at no cost, to guests who prefer to cook in their rooms.

Yes, it is a long walk the elevator, but., for the asking, wheelchair service is provided. Call me a racist if you wish,but front desk service has deteriorated. The staff now consists of those whose English is clearly their second language, which is not good.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FloridaSallty

We are glad that you found your room immaculate and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back to the area. Many of our associates are from other countries and we pride ourselves on our diversity. At our front desk, however, all of our associates speak English as their primary language.

Reviewed 14 December 2008

Just got back from spending 6 days at the Inn at Mayo. Cant thinks of any other reason to stay at this hotel other than the fact that you need to be close to the Mayo Clinic. This was our case.
The hotel is connected to the clinic via a hallway. Both hotels that are next to the clinic are Marriotts. One is a Courtyard, which is NOT connected, and this one, which is a Residence Inn.
Anybody who has stayed at a Residence Inn knows what the hotel is all about. No nonsense, and very spacious. I had a first floor room with a kitchen, seperate living room with a TV, and a bedroom with a queen size bed. All in all, it was perfect for what I was there for.
The hotel has complimentary breakfast which consists of waffles, bagels, muffins, cereals, yogurts, etc.
The service was friendly and very proffesional.
I recommend this hotel for anybody having to stay for a long stay during your time at the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank riccoq

Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 26 October 2008

As other reviewers have noted the desk staff at this hotel are very friendly and welcoming. Our room, however, is sad. The sofa sags badly, the wood furniture is scarred, the TVs are old, the armchair is worn and stained and the lighting is not good. On the plus side, the room appears to be clean.

The main advantage of this hotel is that it is connected to the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank ClaudiaB

We are sorry that the suite condition did not meet your or our expectations. We have since fully renovated the room and are happy to report that there is no sagging furniture anywhere in our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
#68 of 133 in Jacksonville

Been to The Inn at Mayo Clinic? Share your experiences!