“It Was Alright”

Ranked #91 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It Was Alright”
Reviewed 18 May 2007

I spent one night at this hotel on Tuesday May 15, 2007. I checked in around 9 or 10pm, tired from a long driving trip from north Alabama. The lady at the front desk was pleasant, though the tattoos threw me at first. Check in was very fast, and she was able to give me a room on the second floor, as I felt it would be safer for a woman traveling alone.

When I finally got to my room I found a decor that badly needed an upgrade. One of the lamps had a broken light bulb. I wanted to set the alarm so that I could get up early the next morning, and when I picked up the alarm clock a liquid substance started dripping from it (grossed me out). The television guide had someones chewing gum stuck to it. The hotel should probably also invest in some new bathroom towels and hand cloths. And that's about all the negative things I can say about the room. Oh and it had that cheap hotel room smell to it.

When I pulled back the bedspread, I was happy to find clean sheets. (Yes I check... cause you never know what kind of corners people in the hotel business like to cut). I was also surprised at how clean the bathroom was. Grey marble sink counters and the shower/bathtub was also marble. I was very happy about this because I cannot stand a nasty bathroom.

In conclusion I would like to say that I wouldn't be opposed to staying here again, if I had too. It was alright. Not a five star. But enought stars to get you through the night. Plus it was only 62$ including tax.

• Liked — The clean bathroom.
  • Disliked — The decor in the bedroom.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Portland, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 July 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed in this motel in December of last year, and we were disappointed with the cleanliness of our room. The first room we checked into was unacceptable-the carpet had crumbs on it, the bottom of the bathtub was chipped and peeling, and upon pulling the sheets back for inspection, I found makeup stains on the pillow and fingernail clippings in the sheets. We went down to the office to request another room, and the women at the front desk were very apologetic and helpful-unfortunately, the second room we were placed in wasn't too much better-the sheets, though clean, had holes in them, and the room had a musty smell. There was no clock radio and the furnishings were raggedy looking. If this motel was totaly remodeled and the rooms updated, it would be a very nice place, as it has good front desk staff going for it-otherwise, we will not be returning. :(

• Stayed December 2005
Florida
Reviewed 29 January 2006

The reservation process and check-in went fine. The front desk staff was about average in friendliness and efficiency. The area is mostly restaurants and retail stores.

The small room was decorated with painted walls and basic framed art. Furnishings included a small table, two chairs, a TV in a cabinet with three dresser drawers underneath, a single night table and, of course, a bed. The HVAC unit was quiet enough and worked fine. The sink/vanity area was separate from the toilet and tub and included a small closet area. The vanity area lacked a towel rack - it was over the toilet.

The TV set worked okay, but had a noisy picture. There was no alarm clock or radio.

The big problem with this motel is the lack of a clean feeling related to the fabrics and housekeeping. The room had a light mildew smell. The musty drapery was hanging loose from the broken drapery rod. We had to stand on chairs and rehang the drapes to get them to close. The carpet was soiled somewhat. The bedspread and blanket were clean, but very old looking. The towels and washcloths were very worn and rough. Drying off on a bathtowel felt like you were drying with a scrubbing pad. The tiles around the bathtub had some mildew in the grout lines.

Don't expect a traditional continental breakfast, it only consists of juice, coffee and fat-laden Danish. We had to eat elsewhere.

I wouldn't stay at this motel again. It is a shame because the owners could spend a little money on replacing the worn drapery, bed furnising and towels and keep everything clean and this motel would be much better.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank anoviv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Quality Inn
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville

Been to Super 8 Jacksonville Orange Park? Share your experiences!