“Nice staff. Suspicious activities.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #33 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Indiana, USA
“Nice staff. Suspicious activities.”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

If all I ever saw was the front desk/lobby, and my room, I'd say this place was a decent bargain for the price. I've read the worst reviews and sadly I can't say that they are without merit. I am not a smoker. Ironically in town for pulmonologist visit. The elevator, hallway, and even my room smelled of smoke. And not all from tobacco. Just FYI. I'll just say there is a vibe from this place, goings-on and folks on or around, that will keep me from recommended and revisiting this hotel. I say this hesitantly because I found the staff to be truly pleasant, and engaging. I actually LIKE the carpeting, room attire and such. Though as can be seen from my photos, other wear and tear show the thin veneer cannot cover up the bad underpinnings of this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JSVTR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2014

As soon as we walked in, the hotel smelled fresh and clean. The room was impeccable and after a long list of hotels we had through our travels, this was the best one bar none. It was an overnight stay for us but the warm and friendly service we received will make us come back again! My son left a very special memento behind and the hotel made everything possible for us to get it back. That my friends deserves the 5 stars!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara G
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hotel provides good value. For the price, our stay was comfortable, breakfast variety and quality were good, waffles were great. Breakfast room is small so get there early. Hotel and room were clean and well maintained, except for both sink faucet handles which were loose and misaligned. Beds were firm (not pillow-top) but comfortable. While property needs upgrading, that did not affect quality and enjoyment of our stay. Very convenient location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple