“Great value for the price”

Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #31 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 28 February 2010

This hotel was surprisingly nice for the price. The room was clean, a bit worn and less costly furnishings / carpet than pricier places, but the bed was comfortable for my wife (not easy to please), the small desk was adequate for my laptop, cell phones and some papers. The lobby was clean, well maintained and bright. Breakfast was waffles and an assortment of bread, toast, cereal, etc. Front desk staff were polite and helpful too. Competitive with a Hampton Inn for a much lower price. I've travelled for business so know what various brands offer. We came down for an appointment at the Mayo Clinic. The drive was < 20 min at rush hour.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 26 February 2010

Got this booking through Hotwire, and it's hard for me to believe that I got the great value I did. Room was clean, nice, well-appointed; breakfast is great for this level of hotel. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2010

We never heard about this chain but was suprised by the customer service, quality of the rooms , breakfast and pirce it's a definite stay when in Jacksonville. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2010

OK, I had never heard of this small chain before...now I would prefer there to be more everywhere I travel! This hotel should be rated a solid 3 star...yet I paid the price of half a star. What a value! Completely clean, roomy, and comfortable...what more do you want? The manager was friendly and helpful, there was free wi-fi, and free breakfast. It was a little too cold the time I stayed here...but otherwise i would've been in their nice looking pool. Just so it doesn't seem like I'm plugging this hotel, I did have one complaint. There was only an ice machine on the first floor. The ones on the second and third had been removed. If they had just been out getting serviced or being replaced or just taken out...I don't know...but this was my only complaint. I highly recommend this hotel...and trust me...2 stars is way below what it should be rated.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2010

I absolutely enjoyed the Jameson. The staff is friendly and the breakfast, rooms, pool, and fitness center. It is so clean and the high speed internet wireless access is free. Highly recommend for the value.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Friendly front desk . They remembered my name as i walked by. Clean room and roomy too. Pool was great and the work out room too. Free breakfast was yummy, so much to choose from. The rate was very affordable. We would stay there again. Close to the highwady that leads to the ocean!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2009

My family and I stayed here en route to Orlando. We had a late check in, with reservations made online. We were a little concerned because after we had made reservations, we'd read some negative reviews. We were extremely pleasantly surprised at how spotless the rooms were - almost as if they'd been newly remodeled. Very clean and very comfortable. Excellent choice - will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled with family