“Great stay-only wish it could have been longer!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Jacksonville

SpringHill Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #62 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Springfield
“Great stay-only wish it could have been longer!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

Everything was great - service, room, breakfast & VERY clean. Beds were very comfortable. I slept on the pull-out sofa and it was very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2010

The staff here is incredible. Christa in particular is AMAZING. She is super sweet and actually concerned about your stay and what she can do ti make it even better than it already is. Everyone else is also awesome, but she definitely stood out over the others.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

We booked this hotel for our return trip from Key West, on our way back to NC. We were very unimpressed with the Suites.

The rooms were very small, the beds were not queen sized and were way too soft. The carpet appeared to have not been vacuumed either. Even the free WIFI was lousy, so my wife and I gave up on trying to get connected that night.

The breakfast was horrible. It was very crowded, so we ended up sitting in the waiting area near the registration desk. The eggs were rubbery and the juice tasted very watery.

Upon checking out, the customer service representative asked how our stay was and I told her it was terrible. I advised her of these points and she apologized. She didn't discount my bill, but said she'd see if she could make it up with some 'extra points'. I haven't checked to see if that transpired or not. But either way, I'll never stay at that hotel again.

I'm actually surprised at some of the high ratings other patrons left here on Trip Advisor, it's as if we were at two different hotels.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fairfax, Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

My family and I recently stayed here for one night on our way back from the Keys. Having never stayed in Jacksonville before, we were not familiar with any of the hotels, so we took a chance and booked a room online through the Marriott website for around $100 with a AAA discount. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located in what appears to be an office park area. It was located conveniently off of I-95 when we arrived, but for some reason when we checked out, to get back on I-95 North, we had to take a very long route, maybe going 10 miles before getting back on I-95. We were thankful for our GPS! Had I known ahead of time, I would have confirmed the shortest route back to I-95 North with the very helpful front desk clerk when we checked out. The exterior and lobby of the hotel are nicely decorated, but our room was fairly nondescript. It was clean and the furnishings were nice, but the decor was kind of drab. Nothing about the room really stood out as spectacular, but we were there just to sleep for the night. The view from the window of our room was a brick wall, but again we were just there to sleep. Our room had a large sitting area with a sofa and work desk, in addition to a microwave and a small refrigerator. The complimentary breakfast was really nice, better than most, offering scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh oatmeal, biscuits, etc. The two attendants kept the breakfast area well stocked and the general manager of the hotel was seen checking things over in the breakfast area. We did not use the outdoor pool because we arrived late at night, but it looked nice. We did try to use the complimentary internet in the lobby, but the internet was so slow that I gave up trying to check my email.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2009

Good hotel room-----small fridge was useful for bottled drinks. Also, it had a coin operating lanudry room on the third floor which was very helpful because spenting 10 days in JAX--second of 3 different hotels during the 10 day trip, Nov 2009.

Complimentary breakfast was good with individual cereal package and milk. "Activia yogurt" and others choices were available.

Southside Blvd ----this strip has all kinds of restaurants and hotels to choose from.

Very satisfactory stay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2009

The Springhill was clean, although it seemed to be an older property. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Their internet was not working on the upper floor so they moved us down to the 2nd floor so that we could take advantage of the lobby wi-fi, and we appreciated that very much. Breakfast was basic -- cereal, oatmeal, small muffins, etc. It's within walking distance of several restaurants and fast food locations. Front desk staff made this a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way north to Charleston, SC. The room, staff, breakfast and other amenities were top notch. It was very family, business and couple friendly. I would highly recommend this on your next trip to Jacksonville.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple