“Good hotel. Uncomfortable Beds.”

SpringHill Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #43 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Let me start by saying that i did enjoy my stay at this hotel. The location is great. It is close to shopping, the beach is not far and St. Augustine is only 30 minutes away. The hotel staff is courteous and helpfull. The rooms are clean. The beds have to be the most uncomfortable beds of any hotel I have ever stayed in. I never had a chance to eat breakfast. There was a reunion staying there the same weekend and the breakfast room was standing room only. Pool was on the small side. Overall, the hotel is good, just a few issues.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2011

Great location, right in the middle of a shopping/dining mecca in JAX. My friend and I used it as a local escape to hang out. Only complaint I have is the pool is very boring...

Room Tip: Don't pick a room with a pool view (noisy)
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Stayed for one night at this property to tour the University of North Florida. I found the hotel to be very nice. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and my Marriott Rewards preferences were given to me. Room was a great size and had a huge LG flat screen TV. The beds were comfortable and we all slept well. Can't comment on the pool or gym as we never had time to use them but they looked nice. We got up in the morning and went down for breakfast. The breakfast was actually pretty good compared to what I have received at other Marriotts The do it yourself waffles were good. I would stay at this hotel again if I am in the Jacksonville Area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank FloridaPanthersfan
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Everything was great - service, room, breakfast & VERY clean. Beds were very comfortable. I slept on the pull-out sofa and it was very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2010

The staff here is incredible. Christa in particular is AMAZING. She is super sweet and actually concerned about your stay and what she can do ti make it even better than it already is. Everyone else is also awesome, but she definitely stood out over the others.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2010

We booked this hotel for our return trip from Key West, on our way back to NC. We were very unimpressed with the Suites.

The rooms were very small, the beds were not queen sized and were way too soft. The carpet appeared to have not been vacuumed either. Even the free WIFI was lousy, so my wife and I gave up on trying to get connected that night.

The breakfast was horrible. It was very crowded, so we ended up sitting in the waiting area near the registration desk. The eggs were rubbery and the juice tasted very watery.

Upon checking out, the customer service representative asked how our stay was and I told her it was terrible. I advised her of these points and she apologized. She didn't discount my bill, but said she'd see if she could make it up with some 'extra points'. I haven't checked to see if that transpired or not. But either way, I'll never stay at that hotel again.

I'm actually surprised at some of the high ratings other patrons left here on Trip Advisor, it's as if we were at two different hotels.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2010

My family and I recently stayed here for one night on our way back from the Keys. Having never stayed in Jacksonville before, we were not familiar with any of the hotels, so we took a chance and booked a room online through the Marriott website for around $100 with a AAA discount. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located in what appears to be an office park area. It was located conveniently off of I-95 when we arrived, but for some reason when we checked out, to get back on I-95 North, we had to take a very long route, maybe going 10 miles before getting back on I-95. We were thankful for our GPS! Had I known ahead of time, I would have confirmed the shortest route back to I-95 North with the very helpful front desk clerk when we checked out. The exterior and lobby of the hotel are nicely decorated, but our room was fairly nondescript. It was clean and the furnishings were nice, but the decor was kind of drab. Nothing about the room really stood out as spectacular, but we were there just to sleep for the night. The view from the window of our room was a brick wall, but again we were just there to sleep. Our room had a large sitting area with a sofa and work desk, in addition to a microwave and a small refrigerator. The complimentary breakfast was really nice, better than most, offering scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh oatmeal, biscuits, etc. The two attendants kept the breakfast area well stocked and the general manager of the hotel was seen checking things over in the breakfast area. We did not use the outdoor pool because we arrived late at night, but it looked nice. We did try to use the complimentary internet in the lobby, but the internet was so slow that I gave up trying to check my email.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family