“Very nice staff!”

SpringHill Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #43 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have to say that I was very impressed with the man at the front desk when he offered to move his car so that an elderly lady could park closer! Such a gentlemen! He also was very helpful to me, when my air conditioner did not work. He kindly moved us to another room. The hotel is a bit dated compared to the other Springhill suites in JAX. However, it is in a great location & very clean. Walk to TGIF's , Dunkin Donuts, Jason's Deli, the movies, and other restaurants. Just a few miles from St. John's shopping area.
We would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The staff was most friendly and helpful. The beds were not in the least bit comfortable. The rooms were outdated and had a very odd layout. I would not stay here again unless updated. It was located near great shopping and movies. The breakfast was okay but not enough seating.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This property is dated and doesn't live up to the brand. Keep your expectations in line and you won't be badly disappointed.

We booked for a quick stop in Jacksonville. The room was oddly laid out and the furniture was dated. The pool was a bit dirty too. The friendly staff made up for it and the stay was acceptable.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed one night and the stay was great. Check in was extremely fast and we were given a top floor room which was nice. We had a double delux room that had plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 children. The beds were extremely soft and I slept great that night. It had a large flat screen that swiveled to any angel we preferred to watch it. Many restaurants within walking distance as well. The only downside was shortly before we got there there was a storm and the pool was pretty dirty so I had to clean it out a bit so the kids could swim. Breakfast in the morning was very good with lots of good options-they even had wrapped apples to take on the go. Delicious lemon water in the lobby. I would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the property. I am so happy that you had a great experience and you were willing to share it on Trip Advisor. We take pride in the hotel and try to make every guest feel like this is a home away from home while traveling. I am glad that the staff took care of you and you found everything you needed in the area. I do apologize for the pool not being as clean as possible. The afternoon storms that had come through makes it tough in the summer to keep it perfect but we will work on that. Again, thank you for your positive review and I look forward to your next stay with us when you travel to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This SpringHill Suites is not a bad hotel. The room is clean and breakfast is ok. Odd things are out of kilter. The first two or three days housekeeping didn't replace my soaps and shampoo, but replaced the coffee cups with clean ones. The last couple of days it has been the other way around the soaps are fresh and the coffee cups are not. The stairwell door is sticking and the heater is out in the hot tub. Continuing with up and down qualities all at once, the wifi is free, but slow--too slow for a movie download. The bed is comfortable and the rates reasonable, but I'll try to find another Marriott property next trip.

Room Tip: Away from the stairwells, all of the stairwell doors slam shut loudly.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you so much for your response and review. I apologize for the property not meeting your expectations. This property is not a newer property and is up for a refresh soon. The spa heater has been repaired and it is now a "hot tub" again. I am very sorry that this happened during your stay. I can also see how frustrating it can be for the amenities not to be replaced as they should be. I will be speaking to Housekeeping about this so we don't have other guests with the same issue. On a good note, we are upgrading our internet service and doubling the bandwidth. This will be an improvement for the service and hopefully allow those downloads. Please keep us in mind for your future travels since we will be getting that "updated modern look" soon. Again, thank you for your comments as we cannot improve without them.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I was very surprised that I received an email from the General Manager Stacy Manthos prior to my arrival. This is just an email seeing if there was anything they can offer me before I arrived at the hotel. Once I at the property I was greeted and helped with a huge smile and even received a welcome letter under my door. I have never seen such customer services at a hotel in my life and I have been to plenty. The location is great because it is easy access to many food options as well as the highway. The price is right as well. It does have some older fixtures but really you are just staying for a night. I will definitely be staying here on my next business visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Stacy M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the property. I am so happy that you had a great experience and you were willing to share it on Trip Advisor. We take pride in the hotel and try to make every guest feel like this is a home away from home while traveling. I am glad that the staff took care of you and you found everything you needed in the area. Again, thank you for your positive review and I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

hotel was very busy during stay with bus loads of kids, from different sport activities, so a little loud. this hotel did not seem up to quality of other springhills we stayed in. not horrible more just needs updated. just old carpets, bathroom stains ,plus could use new matress etc. pool was nice but not heated, so was not able to use, hot tub was full the entire night. nice breakfast, a good price for average 2 star hotel, but typically springhill is normally more of a 2.5 or 3 star hotel... so a bit disappointing but not horrible. staff was average too.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your response and review. I apologize for the property not meeting your expectations. This property is not a newer property and is up for a refresh soon. I am, however, surprised to hear that the staff was just average. We have a top notch staff at the hotel so I will speak to them about kicking it up a bit. Please keep us in mind for your future travels since we will be getting that "updated modern look" soon. Again, thank you for your comments as we cannot improve without them.