All reviews sink area movie theater walking distance location is great the general manager the breakfast area front desk staff room was large would stay here again complimentary breakfast business travel parking lot beds were very comfortable short drive nice breakfast stayed one night mayo clinic
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel during some business travel and I greatly enjoyed it. The room was large and clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and there was a large area to do business work inside of the room. The hotel is centrally located, and the staff at the front desk was amazing. Breakfast was free and great!!! We will definitely consider staying here on future trips.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Mike S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you so incredibly much for your great review of your stay at the Spring Hill Suites in Jacksonville. We take great pride and work very hard to try and deliver an excellent stay for all of our guests. Your 5 star review will be shared with the team here.

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent a week at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. The staff was wonderful! I wish I could say the same for the rooms. We had 3 adults, a child and a toddler in a suite with 2 doubles and a pull out sofa. It was a bit cramped! Larger rooms were available, but we only learned about them midway through our stay. We woke up every morning with backaches, because the beds were way too soft. The way the furniture was arranged left a lot to be desired. Not one piece of furniture in the room was high enough to place things out of reach of our 10 month old toddler. The kitchen area was nice, but the fridge was way too small for a "suite" and it did not even have a freezer section. The breakfast bar was good, but the weekend staff could not keep up with the number of guests, so they were out of everything as soon as it was served. There should have had more help that weekend. It was much better on week days.

Room tip: If you need a larger room, the center rooms near the elevator on each floor would be the ones to ask for.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mike S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of your stay here at the Spring Hill Suites in Jacksonville. We appreciate all guest feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service my staff provided to you. However I am disappointed about the items we fell short on during your stay. I can assure you that I am addressing the items you mentioned as we speak.

In regards to room type and size we actually only have the two types of rooms which offer much more space then your standard hotel room ( 1 king bed or 2 double beds). All of our rooms have pull out couches should guests need to add a third bed to their stay. Since all of our rooms are suites, they all are the same size, with the exception of the special needs accessible rooms. I apologize for any misunderstanding. We do have several connecting rooms which may offer more space for you on your next visit.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to providing you a much better experience during your next stay.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel has nice rooms...a little old but nice. The parking is a little tight for large vehicles but fine for cars. The location is excellent with a lot of restaurants and stores within walking distance. Driving to the hotel is a bit of a challenge because there is no turn lane into the property from the southbound lanes. Breakfast was good, but it is more expensive to stay here so that should be expected. Nothing really stood out here so I gave it an average rating, because I have stayed at less expensive hotels that really excelled at certain things. So I think my ratings are always on the low side a little because i don't want folks who read my reviews to be expecting more than what they will get...I know I wouldn't. The big PLUS for this property is that it is located in an area where you have several options of how to get out and about even if Southside Blvd. is backed up due to rush hour. There are a couple parking lots and the movie theater lot that can get you to optional roads to get to where your going. If your coming in from the south on Butler you can take the first road to the right and work your way through the theater lot to get to the hotel without having to wait for the traffic...huge plus. Like I said earlier there is an awful lot of stuff within walking distance so I would recommend this hotel...but like I say a lot (makes sense though) get a good rate.

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank steve p
Mike S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at the Spring Hill Suites in Jacksonville. We appreciate all guest feedback. I can assure you that we are doing all we can to address some of the items that you mentioned. We look forward to your next visit so that we can provide you a great experience.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

the rooms need to be upgraded. The reservation was booked a month in advance for a double bed but we received 1 king bed. The sofa was not adequate enough for sleeping accommodations. Could not accommodate a 3rd person in the room which was needed.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Mike S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. As the new General Manager of the property I value all guest feedback and use it as a means of improving on the quality of service we deliver to every guest.

I truly do apologize for the mix up with your reservation. I have already addressed this matter with my team to insure that this doesn't happen to future guests. There are systems in place that prevent this and we clearly did not follow the system very well with this.

I hope to see you again next time so that we can show you a much better experience.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Ok, there is no Comedy Central on the TV! How am I supposed to watch Comedy Central if it's not on the TV? I'll go ahead and list the stations at the end; you judge the channel selection for yourself.

Also, the refrigerator has no freezer section--not even the little ice storage space. Usually can get a pint of ice cream or some frozen entrees in there.

So, really, the place is fine, just those two things above irked me. Here's the channel list:
ABC
WGN
Weather

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Mike S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. As the new General Manager of the property I always appreciate input from our guests on how we can improve on what we deliver to our guests. I will certainly relay your concerns about the channel selection to the right people.

I can tell you that as a brand we do want to provide a family friendly listing for our guests which is where we have come up with the majority of our channel selection.

Thank you again for your input and we hope to see you next time.