SpringHill Suites Jacksonville
US$94
US$67
US$118
Hampton.com
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
US$81
HIExpress.com
US$157
US$96
  • Free Internet
All reviewsdesk areasink areamovie theaterbit datedwalking distancelocation is greatchoose this hotelthe general managereasy accessbusiness centerthe breakfast areavery nice stayoutdoor poolnice propertybeds were comfortablefront desk staffcomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2009

The Springhill was clean, although it seemed to be an older property. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Their internet was not working on the upper floor so they moved us down to the 2nd floor so that we could take advantage of the lobby wi-fi, and we appreciated that very much. Breakfast was basic -- cereal, oatmeal, small muffins, etc. It's within walking distance of several restaurants and fast food locations. Front desk staff made this a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2009

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way north to Charleston, SC. The room, staff, breakfast and other amenities were top notch. It was very family, business and couple friendly. I would highly recommend this on your next trip to Jacksonville.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2008

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Springhill Suites in Jacksonville and I must say that this was a great property for the price paid. The room/desk area/bathroom was very clean and everything was in working order. The continental breakfast was standard, food was hot and plenty to choose from. Front desk staff was more than helpful with cancelling another reservation, getting us a few more towels and with directions. The hotel was close (within 10 miles) to the ALLTEL Stadium as well as the downtown area. There are plenty of restaurants in close proximity to the hotel-even a few within walking distance. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbj0709
Reviewed 10 June 2008

I arrived on Monday afternoon and checked into my room. Was pleasantly surprised with how big the room was. First thing I noticed was that there was garbage in the trash can next to the desk. The toilet appeared to have seen better days. It worked ok but was horribly stained on the inside.

On Wednesday morning one of the persons attending the same seminar that I was showed me a note that was left in her room. It was addressed to me from the hotel manager thanking me for staying there and letting me know that they had left the extra towels per my request.

I took the note to the manager and told her that while I appreciated the gesture, they left it in the wrong room. (They weren't even on the correct floor) She apologized and then asked if I'd still like to get some extra towels. I said sure. I never got them.

On Thursday I returned back to my room about 3pm. There were two housekeeping carts down the hall from my room. When I entered my room I saw that it had not been cleaned yet. I changed my clothes, answered a few e-mails and waited for housekeeping to come. At around 4:15 they hadn't come yet. I left my room to go down to the front desk to complain. As I was leaving my room I noticed that both housekeeping carts were no longer on my floor. I told the front desk that my room had not been cleaned-first I was given some story about how backed up they were (not my problem, and the hotel was not full) and then I was told that they were still on my floor cleaning so they'd still get to my room. (They must have been using the invisible housekeeping carts....I walked down both ends of the floor. Every room door was closed. Housekeeping always leaves the door open when they're cleaning)

Anyway, I walked down the street and got a cup of coffee at Starbucks. When I returned 30 minutes later there was someone in my room cleaning (with the room door open and the cart in the hall) so I went down to the lobby and checked my email on the lobby computer. After 15 minutes I went back up to my room. Housekeeping had left. The garbage cans had been emptied but no new bags were put in them. (however the roll of bags was left on my desk). In the bathroom the toilet paper holder was empty. And the beds were made but very sloppily.

I stay in Marriotts because there's the expectation of quality. I am a platinum member. By the time the years up I will have over 100 nights stayed at a Marriott this year. But I will never stay at this particular Marriott again.

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank boonertpa
Reviewed 31 December 2007

For the past several years we have gone to Jacksonville to visit our family. Usually stayed in another suite hotel nearby. This year however the same hotel we had stayed in for several years broke it off. their rates were ridiculous. So I started shopping. A good central location on Southside Blvd. away from the highway noise.
SpringHill offered a two bed suite mini livingroom, two TVs Internet connection, etc A quiet, no smoking room . excellent do it your self breakfast, Oatmeal, eggs bacon, sausage, waffles, bagles etc. all facilities pretty clean except for exercise room, which could have used a little work. Maid service continued thruout the holiday which was suspended in the other hotel during Christmas. The best part was that at $84.00 it was about $80.00 per nite cheaper than the other suite hotel.
Ill be back. T. Messina