“Crack head city never again & will refund you once you pay”
Review of Scottish Inn

Scottish Inn
Ranked #113 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this location from may the first to may the seventh based on what i saw off the ads on the internet everything was a lie a contential breakfast to this owner is a honey bun orange and apple juice and coffee. The house keeping my 3 year old clean better than that. This location is invested with drugs and prostitutes. This hotel to a tourist makes jacksonville look like a horrible city. Please spend the extra funds to be comfortable and enjoy the city

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank missscott89

Reviewed 1 May 2012

It was rediculous. we checked in, went to the room, and was horrified. the guy at the desk was very rude. after praying febreze on everything in the room we sat down trying to make our selves believe it wasnt as bad as it looked but then the lady next to us was having a fight with her pimp next door and ruined that. I took my gun and went to the office to check out. the parking lot was extremely ghetto. Scary! now im fighting with them to get my money back. my reciept says 30 but theres a 120.00 charge. awesome! you can stay at the extended stay where there are not rats and hookers and theres a pool fitness center and much more for 50 bucks.

Room Tip: i would recommend the extended stay on lenoir ave.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travis L
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Called and asked for rates. I explained that I was just shopping around for some prices. I asked for the guy to give me the prices excl. taxes. Had to repeat myself 3 times and he decided to cop an attitude with me. Telling me that I had asked that same question 3 times already. I kept explaining to him that I am comparing prices and I need to know the price per day excl. taxes. He hung up on me!!!!!???? yea, Guess I wont be staying at a place where even the employees are high as a kite...Went to extended stay america and spoke to a very friendly person there. I much rather spend my time and money at a clean place with friendly people.

Room Tip: Dont stay there.....
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank nikkid154
Reviewed 14 May 2011

The inn is in a horrible location!!!
People working there are rude.
We had a bag of open chips on our table,woke up in the morning they were gone well half eating other people at the hotel said they had seen rats in this hotel before so they were probably rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Complained to the front desk oh and aperentaly rats are a part of nature!!!!!!!!
We left imedietly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont go!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank marshmellow123
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 April 2011

The old lady at the desk is very abusive. We saw the ad on the Internet and called about booking...she wouldn't allow us to book in phone must do it online. We booked online...then we get there give her the confirmation and she denies having it. One of the maids walked in while we were in the lobby and spoke to us , the mad woman behind the desk screamed don't talk to her. We checked in anyway,against better judgement. During the middle of the night we noticed it started getting stuffy....it did because all of the power went out on our floor. We called the front desk and the mad woman screamed it was the breaker box. After 30 mibscwe called back...she said she would call jay(sin/owner) and maintenance man. He came and said wires were burned in wall he wouldn't be able to fiix. She gave my husband the key to a roo for him to go check..he did , it was some wimans room that reeked of weed and she was in the bed screaming who's there...my husband could have been shot going into that room. Wee said we wanted our money back. We were told we had to wait for jay(we had already been waiting on jay for almost 2 hrs). We called the credit card co who told us to make sure we got a receipt. We talked to other customers while we waited to check out... 1 cust leaving because no power&fleas infestation in his room. When we asked for receipt she refused and screamed for us to shut up we taped itnon iPhone. By the way.....the super 8 next door is owned by the same people so don't be fooled!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Do yourself a favor..This Hotel may look okay in the pictures or from the road but let me tell you it's NOT!! I was in the room for about one half then I noticed Roaches!! And just one Dozens of babies.. As quick as possible I gathered my things and got out of the room. I went to the front desk to complain and the man whom I woke up from sleeping at the front desk said "There's nothing I can do. Roaches are part of life." What!!! maybe part of life but not what I paid for when I rented the room. The next day the Manager offered to refund me $5.00..what a joke..The second issue was the female next door had several male visitor in that short period of time..hmm??

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank travelguyusa79
Reviewed 15 January 2009

We overnighted in Jacksonville on our way to Fort Lauderdale and found this motel via a Florida Visitor's Center. We used a $35 coupon obtained at the Visitor's Center.

The motel was what one would expect in this price range. Our rooms (we took two) were basic but clean. We did not have the same experience with dirty sheets, etc,. that some of the other posters stated, but those posts appear to be several years old, so I think that problem has been resolved. In fact, our room looked as if it had been redecorated in the not too distant past.

The free wireless internet worked well on our 2 laptops.

Although the neighborhood was transitional, there were other motels in close proximity, there was a security guard that patrolled regularly on a golf cart, and we didn't feel unsafe.

There were a number of restaurants within easy driving distance (I perhaps would not walk at night in this neighborhood) and a Wal-Mart was nearby where we bought snacks for the next day's trip.

Check-in was professional and quick and all the employees we encountered were pleasant and friendly.

The only negative thing I can report is that the continental breakfast was spartan, consisting of coffee (which was good), juice (canned, maybe?), and a pastry sealed in plastic wrap (the type one buys in bulk for supplying vending machines).

I would stay here again if I needed basic accommodations for a single night.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sldkjf2