“Coming Back Home.”

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #63 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I and our little puppy Davey were here inJanuary at which time we received just the best customer service ever in our travels. Kim was our host at that time. Today I checked back into the Red Roof and Kim was there at the front desk waiting for me again. She was friendly and professional and even booked me into the same room we had last time. I really felt like it was a sort of coming home. Great job Kim! Great job Red Roof for hiring her!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark T
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

We would like to welcome you back !!!! Thank you for the great review and choosing to stay with us again. Kim had been a wonderful asset in my inn and she sure does a good job at the front desk welcoming our guests like you. She sure is an Innkeeper !!

Our goal is to have our guests experience a good stay with our courteous staff and clean and comfortable room.

We are happy to announce that we will be getting a renovation in the months to come and we are pretty excited about it.

Should you have any lodging needs please do not hesitate to call Kim or anyone of my staff or email me at jmyers@redroof.com.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I traveled to Jacksonville for the The Players golf tournament held in nearby Ponte Vedra Beach. We stayed from May 10 thru may 14. We chose the Red Roof Inn Southpoint because of location and price. We read reviews from others before booking. We read a lot of reviews from people staying on business and for loved ones hospital stays. We were on a vacation, so this review may give another view on the hotel.

We found that the hotel was clean, staff were friendly and helpful, and it was in a nice location. We used the pool 3 of the 5 days we were there. The pool and pool area is not fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. The hotel location was very convenient to many beaches, restaurants, and other attractions.

We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel if we travel to the Jacksonville area again. It is a great value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review. My staff and I are very passionate in getting things done the right way that is clean,comfortable rooms and courteous staff. I am glad that you had used our pool for a couple of times. The good news is that I will have new pool furnniture and will make the pool surroundings more attractive.

We hope that you come and stay with us in the near future. If there is anything that you might need please do not hesitate to email me at jmyers/2redroof.com.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife and I booked a cruise out of Jacksonville that will sail on Monday. We wanted to spend the weekend in Jacksonville so we wouldn't have to make the long drive from home to the port on the same day. We also wanted to be able to enjoy the beach for a day.

After looking at reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to choose the Deluxe King room in this hotel. It looks like it is located far from the beach and the city but they are both a short drive. The Beach is about 10 minutes and downtown about 5 minutes.

PROS:
The hotel is located in a cluster of hotels and seams to be a safe location.
CHEAP - and still very nice for the money
Clean
easy online check in , we arrived and were in our room in 10 minutes flat.
comfy beds
great AC
microwave and mini fridge a nice touch
large flat screen tv
HBO free
large work desk in room

CONS:
No iron, on Tripadvisor this was posted before, the hotel manager stated she had since put irons in the rooms, but still no irons? Clothes get wrinkled in suitcases.

the shower has no liner. The only way to keep water off the floor is to put the decorative cloth curtain inside to act as a liner... it gets wet and clings to you as a result.

The bed only has 3 small pillows. When we arrived in the room they were lined up against the headboard and only went halfway across the bed, the rest of the headboard area was empty where pillows should have been. However, the pillows that were there are comfy.

OVERALL:
Very nice for the money. For what we needed and what we expected from a budget hotel, we were very satisfied and comfortable. We would highly recomend this hotel for a short trip.

Room Tip: Be sure to bring your own pillows and iron/board.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stsex86
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am working to get more amenities in all my rooms to better give guests like you the comfort of your home. We are looking forward for the upcoming renovations.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I was very pleased with my decision to stay at this location. My actual destination was very close to this inn and my budget was very limited. Choosing a motel by lowest room rates can be a big mistake.
Not with Red Roof Inn- especially this location.
I was very impressed with my room and amenities featured.
The room was spotless as though I were the first guest to have ever been there.
I have stayed in many other higher priced name motels on many,many business trips in the past with my husband.
I can honestly say those establishments have something to worry about.
I would highly recommend this Red Roof Inn to any one needing a place to stay while in this area of Jacksonville Florida..

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Madeline B
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of my team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of my staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

The hotel is located right off I-95, in a ring road lined with hotels. The hotel itself is very clean and friendly. Room was very comfortable, and with the exception of a slightly malfunctioning fridge, I had no problems with my stay here. Spacious room, wifi wasn't too bad, tall ceiling (first floor room), nice bathroom with wood laminate flooring.

Room Tip: Not sure if the other floors were the same, but the room on the first floor had a really tall ceilin...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Hector A P
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

My maintenance GSR will focus on our microfridges to make sure it would not fail to operate properly. Thank you for your understanding and sharing to us your concern.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Room was clean and quiet. No "bells and whistles" but comfortable and convenient to major highways to get to all parts of Jacksonville easily. The hotel is in an area of other high end hotels which adds a lot of security to the entire area. Good for business trip, Mayo Clinic. Not close to beaches.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you need a microwave and refrigerator and coffee in the room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sherrell F
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. It is indeed a hotel without the frills but a clean and safe lodging and I thank you for considering us as your choice of hotel.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

My Husband was having a complicated surgery at Mayo Hospital in Jacksonville FL. For the 1st week I stayed in a hotel nearer the Hospital at nearly double the price. Since I only slept for a few hours a night and only needed a clean bed and a safe place, I chose Red Roof Southpoint which filled the need nicely. Kim (Desk) helped find the best rate and was great. The room was clean, quiet and safe which was what I wanted. Coffee was always available and there is a Cracker Barrel in walking distance. It is also a quick trip from the Hospital by expressway.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time in writing a Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your comments in Kim's helpfulness at your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. Please consider us again and mention the Mayo Clinic rate which is also the same as the AAA and SRS.

I will also make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests like yours is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.