Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
  • Pool
US$356
  • Pool
US$82
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
US$106
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$118
US$115
US$90
All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanfront deskhardwood floorslocation is greatthe general managerwaffle housewater pressurenice areagreat customer servicemayo cliniccomfortable staymini fridgegreat roomair conditionerjosephinemyers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The blankets here may have never been washed. serious staining on the one between the comforter and sheets. not staying here again. and a small brown mark on our sheets. looks like makeup. either they didn't change the sheets from the last guest or the cleaning woman was wearing make_up. either way we won't be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank lcisse
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Lcisse,

I am extremely sorry that you had a bad experience in our hotel. It is something that we take seriously as we always want to have our guests feel delighted when they stay in our property. We will correct this problem at once to avoid any discrepancies in the future. We hope that you can give us a chance You can email me at jmyers@redroof.com to further discuss your hotel experience..

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The main reason to stay at this hotel are the reasonable price. The hotel has been recently renovated and rooms have hardwood floors. My only complaint about the floors are they appear dirty with shoe prints. Rooms are large with a substantial desk in the corner. TV is good quality and includes HBO and HBO2 with lots of other channels. Excellent for this price range.

Amenities are limited (no breakfast, no cookies at check-in), but this isn't expected. The room has a fridge, hair dryer and the A/C worked great. One complaint was that the outside of the building is lit up with huge lights that shine right through the first floor rooms curtains. Even at night it looks like it is daylight outside. This made it difficult to sleep.

Although the hotel was renovated there are signs of the former disrepair. Our room had a sink that didn't drain right and was badly scratched up. The bathroom door was rusting at the bottom with debris sitting in the corner. Nothing that would keep us from staying again though.

There is a Cracker Barrel within easy walking distance that is always good. The hotel is located just off the interstate, but is facing so the noise is limited. The interior walls appear to have a good sound buffer. The neighborhood is in a good area with lots of competitor hotels making up the bulk of surrounding properties. There are several other restaurant choices less than a half mile away.

Would stay here again as long as the price is right.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Gatorzman
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Gatorzman,

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased that you find our hotel rooms affordable and decent. We take pride in our service. I will let my housekeepers do more effort in cleaning the
hardwood floors. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof.

Regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Our first time with Red Roof Inn and not disappointed. The room was clean and very nice, the NO Smoking Policy is great! The king bed was very comfortable. There was no nasty smell in the room, and it was quiet. I just could not believe their reasonable pricing, you will not be disappointed at this inn. We are looking forward to our next trip to Niagara Falls and are planning to stay at Red Roof Inns along the way, I can only wish they live up to the high standards we received at this inn. And there was no extra charge for our Chihuahua.

Room Tip: We chose the first floor for the ease of taking out our dog.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom C
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Tom C,
The price of our rooms is very competitive and we offer a good value.

Again, thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels. Enjoy your travel to Niagara Falls.

Jo Myers

Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville - Southpoint

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We just needed a clean place to sleep and you provided it!!! I was thrilled that there was NOT nasty carpet (no carpet in the rooms-- Laminate was in place). We were happy that you had adjoining rooms that allowed our kids to visit with our friends children in one room while the adults talked peacefully in the other but yet we could still feel safe because the adjoining door was left open. I was blown away at the rate we paid here! This is what most hotels should charge. When we take a vacation, we don't need fancy hotels... we aren't there to oogle over the hotel; we are gone all day and just want to come back to a clean shower and bed. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Dear Lovinmylife2,

We like to thank you for giving us a good review. I am thrilled that you and your family had a great time in your stay and we were able to give the connecting rooms. We are a very reasonable priced hotel that offers clean and safe rooms. We love the wood tile as well as it is more eco-friendly.

I will pass this great review to my staff. We hope to have you and your family again in your future travels in Jacksonville FL.

Respectfully yours,

Red Roof Inn

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was in town for an interview and needed a place to stay for two nights. I chose this place for the reviews. The room was clean and quiet. I booked a Superior King Room. The bed was comfortable too. This was my first stay at the Red Roof Inn and I will be a returning customer. If you are looking for luxury, this is not the hotel for you. This is just a clean quiet room with friendly staff. I recommend the lobby coffee over the in room coffee maker.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Blonde Travel

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof.

Yours in Hospitality,