“This is my go-to motel in Jacksonville, Fla”

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #63 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Well, what can I say? I've been here four times in total over the course of the past two years. I keep coming back because the place is clean and very convenient (right off I-95). The coffee is pretty good, the location is convenient, and the rooms are tidy and clean. Never any funky bedsheets or rusty anything. I can't vouch for the pool, as I never used it, but it looks enjoyable. The only quibble is that the showers are the low-flow variety that feel like I'm a flower under a watering can when I use them. This is made up for by the low prices and convenience, so I'll give this place a 5/5 just the same (I'd vote 4.5/5 because of the shower, but since I can't give a half star, I'll give it the full five). If you're driving in, be sure you drive slowly - the hotel's sign is in a crowded area, so it's easy to miss. I remember when I first came here - I had to drive up and down the street three times before I saw the sign. I honestly thought my GPS was broken for a while there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Ryan O,

I would llike to thank you for your great review. You made my day just by reading your review. Your GPS is not broken, it is just so confusing to get in to my hotel due to the loops. The good news is that a flyover will be constructed in I-95 and SR 202 coming from the east side and it wil start in June 2014. This will alleviate the traffic and lanes will be wider. This is will be a great improvement.

As for the shower head and water pressure, my maintenance, Arno, will be checking on your concerns. I just do not know which room number you stayed in. But nevertheless it will be checked.

We hope to see you in your future travels. I would recommend that you mention the room number you stayed in so we can be alarmed of the concern you had. May I recommend the lower floor instead.

See you soon.

Red Roof Inn Southpoint Jacksonville

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stay at this hotel often when in JAX. Best hotel for the least amount of money by far. Always clean. Rooms are updated and the beds are comfy. Kim was great as well. Always refreshing to have people in customer service act as thought they are in customer service. Thanks Kim!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ryan O.

Thank you for your review. Kim would be delighted to hear that she had been mentioned in TripAdvisor. We are committed to provide clean and comfortable rooms and top of the notch guest service.

We hope to see you again in your future travels.

Red Roof Inn Southpoint Jacksonville

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Our room was clean and comfortable, quiet and the staff were all friendly. Enjoyed our stay and plan to stay there again on our next trip to Jacksonville, Florida. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area if you need a place to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Mary T,

Thank you for your great review. We are pleased that you found our hotel rooms clean and the price affordable. I will pass on this review to my staff.

We hope to see you soon in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Saw the reviews here, got excited, booked. Driving from Canada to Florida we've stayed in many cheap hotels. This one offered nothing and was sub par on what it did deliver. Our complaints fell on deaf ears and we were told we booked the basic site through Expedia and they couldn't change it. When I told them I went there via Trip Advisor (Who they had signs for everywhere) they said no, I used Expedia. I needed sleep before we got on the road so that's why I'm voicing myself here.

The following was not part of their basic suites:
- Mini fridge
- Continental Breakfast
- Wi-Fi within working range of the suite
- Free use of safe
- Luggage bench
- Coffee maker
- Alarm clock (Yes, alarm clock. Although we were offered a wakeup call)
- Sound proofing on hall door (It was like people talking outside were in the suite)

It was however cheapest hotel in the area for the night. So if you book, expect a bed and toilet.

Room Tip: Book through the official motel website to get the basic modern essentials or they will sort change...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean M
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Sean M,

We thank you for your review and comments. Our suites are equipped with a minifridge, coffee maker, alarm clock, free long distance calls and WiFi service in the suite and the whole building,
However the safe is an additional charge and could be disputed when not used.

We hope that you would reconsider staying at our brand.

Respectfully yours.
Red Roof Inns

Reviewed 31 July 2013

WE make the journey to Mayo clinic in Jacksonville sometimes twice a month and every time we stay at this Hotel. With my Husbands medical condition sometimes are trip is very unsettling and Tina at the front desk goes out of her way to help my husband and Karla from housekeeping is so great i cant say just how wonderful this lady is going out of her way to make sure my husband has everything he requires. If you are looking for a place that is like home this is it. and for the price its the best deal.. Room is always clean and relaxing and if you are lucky to have Karla clean your room you will fell like you are home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Kathleen M,

I would like to thank you for the great review about our inn. Karla and Tina had been my staff for years and had made so many of my guests like you feel delighted during their stay. I will surely pass on this nice comment to them. We appreciate that your room was up to your satisfaction.
We strive for excellence and will continue to give great service.

We would be waiting for you and your husband on your next arrival.
Have a great weekend.

Red Roof Inns

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The room was basic but very clean and newly remodeled. Also a great deal. They took a $39.99 coupon from one of those hotel discount magazines you get at the rest stops. Seriously the best deal we got on a 3 day road trip!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Heide P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof.

Regards,
Red Roof Inn

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The blankets here may have never been washed. serious staining on the one between the comforter and sheets. not staying here again. and a small brown mark on our sheets. looks like makeup. either they didn't change the sheets from the last guest or the cleaning woman was wearing make_up. either way we won't be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank lcisse
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Lcisse,

I am extremely sorry that you had a bad experience in our hotel. It is something that we take seriously as we always want to have our guests feel delighted when they stay in our property. We will correct this problem at once to avoid any discrepancies in the future. We hope that you can give us a chance You can email me at jmyers@redroof.com to further discuss your hotel experience..