“Clean, neat, and modern”

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #63 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Helpful staff. Terrific value and completely reliable. Low priced but not by skimping on appearance or comfort. Red Roof has developed a new concept in budget hotels which is uniquely effective. All equipment functional, all surfaces clean, and xomfortable bed.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you so much for your good review about our clean and modern look of our upgraded rooms. Our goal is to make our guests delighted about the hard work we put into. My staff and I will gladly enjoy the great review you had posted.

We would like to see you on your next travel to the Jacksonville Area.
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpoint.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at the red roof inn in jacksonville last weekend, and I was "Wow" from the moment you walk in you are welcomed with a great smile from the Front desk agent, the check in was easy, went to the room it was PERFECT !!! smelled good, perfect temperature, enough towels.... It's located in a great location, great value for the money. Every single staff member that we saw were courteous, were asking "how was our stay".... I will stay there again. You can see that the General Manager who's running the hotel know what she's doing. Keep up the great job and share with your staff how happy we were. Thank You again !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear GwenOrlando,

I would like to thank you and say the same "WOW" that you had recognized our efforts in maintaining our property and had exceeded your expectations.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests like you is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel has been recently remodeled. The room we stayed in was on the third floor, spacious by RRI standards, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff is professional and courteous. It is located in a subdivision that included many other hotels. Shopping and restaurants are conveniently located nearby. I recommend this Red Roof Inn. They even have a pool. I am not comparing it to high-end hotels but this one sets a high standard for the Red Roof chain's other locations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Tom C,

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are so delighted that we had set up a good standard that is comparable to the high end hotels within my area.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The front desk people are all very helpful and courteous. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Excellent price for what they have to offer. I will definitely recommend this hotel and plan on staying here for the next three months on a weekly basis

Room Tip: If you are single the business room with king bed is an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

I am pleased that you found our rooms clean and rates affordable.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed here with friends in August 2013, we had a small suite with two double beds and a pull out sofa, two massive TV's, a kitchenette and bathroom. The room was good for what we needed and was always clean. The only complaint regarding the cleaning staff was that they knew there was four of us but every day left only three towels. However, the front desk staff were always happy to give us extra.
We enjoyed having free coffee at the front desk, although the tea was a little odd with coffeemate in it! But the young chap On the desk was very helpful when the hot water ran out and I was about to burn myself! :)
The location was great for us, very close to the I95 which was helpful. (when we remembered which turning to take!)
Generally I was pleased with the hotel, it was a fair price and was nice and comfortable to come back to after busy days. The beds were pretty comfy too :)

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. We are pleased that you had enjoyed your suite. Our hotel is very accessible from I-95 and can be seen from the highway.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I came up to Jacksonville with a friend to attend a meeting. I did not pay for this room. The room was a stripped room. It had soap and towels. The bare essentials were there. The sheets were clean. There were wine stains on the furniture. I noticed that a lot of manual workers were staying here so I assumed that the price was low. People have to stay somewhere and if this hotel is safe then I should not be critical. It does not furnish breakfast but it did have ice. You also get what you pay for. I did not notice that it was dirty either just that it was a stripped down room. It was not noisy.
The environment around the hotel is attractive.

Room Tip: I would not go back there but then, after that night it opened my eyes because I suddenly realized...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Virginia730
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Virginia730,

Thank you for your reply. Our brand is one of the leaders in economy lodging. We offer clean rooms and competitive rates affordable for guests. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

A no frills place but the price is right!! Convenient and right off I95. I use it frequently when in the area on business. Has small refrig and mircowave. Floors are wood composite so it is a lot cleaner (with less smell) than the abused carpets you usually encounter at low price hotels. Only drawback is that it is a pet friendly hotel. Nothing against pets but hate to think that fido was sleeping in the same bed the night before.

Room Tip: Opt for best room on the 5th floor - pretty quiet up there
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear John K,

Thank you so much for the great review. I am pleased that you had chosen our hotel for its convenient location, great price and no frills room. Our goal is to give clean and comfortable rooms and we strive to do the job right the first time.

On your next visit please mention to be on the upper floors. I will share your review to my staff.

We hope to be of service again to you.

Respectfully yours.