“Manager - Ms Jo Myers, Red Roof Southport, Jax, FL”

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #64 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Excellent property for a stay with your pet! The manager, Josephine Myers, is incredible when it comes to resolving any issues you may have. Staff is great and property is very clean with plenty of grassy areas for your pet. Can't beat the price!

Room Tip: King room is an excellent value.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Rachel C.,

Wow!! Thank you for your review about me. It is my passion to serve guests like you while in our property. We want you to feel at home and be able to answer all your questions pertaining the area, our amenities and others.

Please feel free to email me your future reservations in my property. I would love to have you back and my staff will be delighted as well.

Have a great year !!.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I checked in Jan 1st.
Such a great location ,esp. if you bring your 4 legged friend.
Jo, Alex and Kim treated us like we were their family.
We are celebrating our 50th anniversary and we plan to stay here for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: King rooms are very nice with lots of room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Peggy166,

Thank you for the great review. Alex, Kim and myself and my entire staff would love to have you back with your dear pet. We love pets.

We are passionate and committed to give clean and affordable rooms to you and all our guests.
Please see us again and we will have the pleasure to be service again as our commitment to you.

Have a great year,

Red Roof Inns Jacksonville Southpoint

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I am very pleased with this hotel. The hotel room was very inexpensive, but I did not have to compromise on quality. The room is very nice and I was welcomed with great service by Kim. We stayed here one night before we got back on the road and I really have no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Lee G,

Thank you for giving us a good review on Kim. She is definitely the person you would want to meet and feel at home when you enter a hotel. Her hospitality is a plus to my inn and she makes it a point to make all guests welcomed.

I will make sure that the quality will be a goal for my housekeepers and maintenance staff. This will be a good opportunity for improvement.

We look forward in your next lodging needs. Have a great year !

Yours in Hospitality.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

LOL this hotel is about the oldest ones in Jacksonville on the southside and although has recently been renovated is still not up to par with my usual stays. But I do not come to this hotel for the amazing amenities that lacks but for the customer service experience that I have continued to enjoy over the past several years. There is a woman by the name of Kim who works at the front desk most evenings. I first encountered her number of years ago when moving back to the city. she has made every stay more pleasant and enjoyable than the last and as always going above and beyond any normal persons expected performance. She is without a doubt and invaluable asset to this company.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Andrew M,

Wow! Thank you for your great comment on Kim, my front desk representative. Who would not fall in love on her way of serving the guest ? She is a natural in her way of welcoming the guests and her hospitality service and is certainly an asset to my inn.

I will forward this message to Kim who will be so delighted. We thank you for your stay and will be looking forward for your next arrival.

Have a great year !

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed our night here. For $48, I'm very impressed. Front desk was wonderful and the manager was totally awesome! She's a filipina just like me so we chatted a bit. I love our room. I have no complaints. Though they don't have breakfast, they do have unlimited coffee for everyone by the lobby. I highly recommend this hotel to ya'll.

• Stayed: December 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear RIchGuapa25,

Wow! Thank you for the great compliment. It was my pleasure to have a conversation with you and the rest of my guests as I love the meet and greet. It was nice that you had complimented my staff as well and had liked our room rate. We offer clean and comfortable rooms with the affordable rate in the Southpointe area.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in my email or call in your future travels in Jacksonville.
Enjoy your holidays.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

It would have been a awful Xmas. But thanks to Mark. He made it happen. Found the Christmas shopping money. Every last dollar. He even counted it for me. I don't know what your idea of awesome is. But he is .

• Stayed: December 2013
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Virgil53,

I would like to thank you for commending Mark on his honesty. It was indeed a good feeling to find out that I have honest employees in my team and he will be rewarded. It is the staff that makes it worthwhile to run a smooth operation. We are happy that your Christmas turn out to be good for you.

We hope to see you in our inn on your future travel to Jacksonville. I will definitely forward this fantastic review to Mark.

Have a great year !

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Thin towels and one wash cloth for a two queen bed room. We're told they had run out of wash clothes so had to suffice with one. Alarm clock had been dropped apparently with the side of it completely broken. And it was as dusty and dirty as I have ever seen. Behind nite stand were found empty candy wrappers, and dusty carpet.....hygiene not a very high priority! The plus was we were offered a ten percent coupon for dining at local Applebee's which is about a quarter mile walk. No restaurant on the property. Management should review the policy on cleanliness and how a customer would perceive such when visiting their hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the room cleanliness.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,