“very dirty”

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #63 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The floor was very dirty sticky with footprints visiible. The nite stand had water marks on it from the last resident's use. I had my Yorkie dog with me and I didn't want him on the floor. When I booked the room I didn't see where I had to pay an extra $7 per nite for a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Also the info did state that the room had a hairdryer but it did not.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Diane M
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Diane M,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We have several type of rooms and a nominal fee for upgraded rooms with the microfridge. I had informed my housekeepers to put more efforts in cleaning the wood floor and detailing the room. We are passionate about our work and would not want to have guests issues.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night on a cross country motorcycle trip. Location was fine, close to freeway and food. Room was basic and clean. Window was cracked in my room, but the bed was comfy and the staff attentive and friendly. Would stay here again. The place is pet friendly too, though my dogs were not with me. I'd rate it 3.5, as it was better than average.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear stlpilot,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate that you found our hotel and liked our price and clean rooms. We pride ourselves in getting it right the first time. With a choice of fast food and chain restaurants, it sure is a convenience for travelers like you.

I will share this comment with my staff and we look forward in having you back with your lovable pet in your next travel to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at a Red Roof Inns before and was excited to read this particular one was "COMPLETELY" renovated! Sad to say but this room (#116) was not renovated based on looks of the sink, toilet and shower (I'll post pictures)!! I still would've booked the room w/o the renovations due to the cost, location, and open pet policy but when you expect something and get something else it can be disappointing! I had my dog with me so maybe they give the older rooms to the people with dogs just in case there's an accident. If thats the case I feel it should be disclosed. The staff was nice and helpful. I would possibly stay again if I have my dog with me, but if it's just me and my husband I would stay someplace else in the area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Tsublue,

hank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the old vanity sink and toilet. My staff will work on getting the toilet hard water removed.

Very truly yours,
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpoint

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Due to a family emergency in Tennessee...I had to quickly throw my two Chihuahuas in the car and head to Tennessee to help intervene in my families crisises. Sadly on the long drive through Northern Florida and Southern Georgia-I found very few hotels that would except me and my two small dogs or they wanted a ridiculous amount of a deposit which of course I never got back. Thanks to the social network-Mark Ohly and my cousin informed me that Red Roof was Dog Friendly and very hospitable. So on our way back to Key West..I stopped in Jacksonsville fat Southpoint Red Roof Inn. Kim and Mark were a breath of fresh air after a mental and physically exhausting trip. This stop was a blessing. My pups were treated with respect and the room was upscale and refreshing. I will definitely be staying at Red Roof Inns More Often. Thanks for being a pet friendly establishment. You would think that with the new craze of pet owners taking their furry children on trips...that more hotels would step up to the plate. Thanks for a great stay. Yours, Kenne',Sheba and Pepito

Room Tip: We stayed on ground level which made it very easy to bring the pups in and out.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Tucker247,

Thank you for your great review. We at Red Roof Inns is pet friendly and yes we do not charge for your lovable pups to stay with you. Like children , they stay free.

I am so delighted that Mark and Kim made your stay as comfortable as can be on your visit.
It is the goal of all my staff to make sure that guests would experience our southern hospitality and would come back.

We hope to see you, Sheba and Pepito ( I love his name) in your future travel to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was very skeptical about staying here but we didn't have much of a choice due to this was a last minute trip and it is pet friendly. When we arrived there were two security guards that should have given me a clue about this location. When we took our dogs out to potty there were alot of tailgating and open containers in the parking lot. I have to be honest I have never seen this at the other location we usually stay at. I did not feel SAFE at all !!!. I will not stay here again !! The room was clean though but the bed was very uncomfortable. Not a good experience here at all. Thank the Lord for the security guards otherwise we would have left !!

Room Tip: Bottom floor was noisy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angie f
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Angie F,

Thank you for your review. I just would like to know if was my property that you had concern with as I do not have two security guards on duty. There are three Jacksonville properties that would include mine in Jacksonville Southpoint Inn #251, Jacksonville Airport # 81 and Orange Park # 76. I am very concerned about the open containers in the parking lot as this is not the reflection that we want our guests to feel. We want our guests to feel safe and secure in our hotel since we are surrounded with other brand of hotels in the cul-de-sac in Lenoir and Bonneval Avenue.

If you would be so kind to call me at 904-296-1006 ext 602 or send me and email at jmyers@redroof.com, and address your concerns regarding your stay.

I apologize that you had not an unpleasant stay.

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpointe

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I was fairly satisfied with the accommodations & the location, but truly disappointed that the room was not renovated & didn't include all we thought. In fact very little of our room was renovated as far as I could tell. There was no microwave or fridge in the double we booked and I had to get a hair dryer from the desk. The pictures the hotel has posted make it seem like a double comes with these items. For the value they offered I would have probably made the reservation anyway, even if they had said these things would be extra - or I would have even been more satisfied if they had offered at check in to upgrade those things for an additional charge. I would just rather complete open honesty - about the renovations and the things included in the room! Not sure if I would stay again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LGOgirl
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear LGO Girl,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the room that did not the amenities that you needed.

My desk clerk should have informed you about our upgraded room and for a nominal fee you could have the amenities like micofridge, iron, iron board and hairdryer. Their selling point is definitely a training issue that will be addressed.

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpoint

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I was a little skeptical about staying at a Red Roof Inn because of a past bad experience but my husband assured me this particular Red Roof Inn had gotten very good reviews. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! Very nice, spotless room w/ laminate floors, great idea! Best rates @ that my husband found. Would highly recommend! Definitely changed my views of Red Roof Inn for the better!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Marisa T
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Maisa T,

Thank you so much for the great review. We are so delighted that you chose to stay in our hotel and had a wonderful experience about our laminate floor and great rates. We had upgraded our TV to HD and it is a great addition to our services to guests like you.

I will definitely share this wonderful news to my staff who strives for excellence in getting the rooms clean to the highest standard and the customer service to its best.

We would love to have you back to stay our hotel when you get back to Jacksonville.

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpointe.