“Wouldn't recommened”

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint
Ranked #63 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The advertise newly remodeled rooms but there was nothing in the hotel that was new or remodeled. There was no one at the front desk when we arrived and no bell or anything we waited around 5 minutes to be checked in just to be told our room wasn't ready. It was after 2pm and their check starts at 1pm so we waited about 20-30 mins for a room. The room key didn't work and I had to take it back to be fixed. There was mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and black stuff on the shower walls. The shower wall was basically held together with duck tape that was painted white in an attempt to hide it. The pool was full of junk from the palm trees and bugs looked like it hadn't been cleaned for a long time. The was only one washer/dryer in the hotel. No breakfast only coffee in the lobby which is the same coffee maker in the rooms. It's not worth the $60 we paid maybe $20. I was thankful we only stayed one night we left for Orlando the next morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vallen79
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Vallen79,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your concerns of our hotel.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Rooms very clean, service good, beds very comfortable. Its hard to find a pet friendly and they are very nice. Would recommend to everyone. Very close to I 95 and places to eat. They have a nice pool and shade for parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Bernadette B,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. We love pets and glad that you chose our hotel. We are only a walking distance to the restaurants and the hotel is right off I-95.
The shaded parking lot is so great and is an add on to our inn.

jmyers@redoof.com

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It had the convenience of being located next to I-95 south for easy access. The room looked just like it did on the website. Stayed in a suite room which was complete with an office/kitchenette room that was separated from the bedroom by beautiful double glass pane doors. Equipped with two tv's! That comes in handy when one spouse wants to watch tv in the bedroom and the other prefers to watch somethng different on tv in the office room with the sofa. Needless to say, the room was very clean and I was pleased overall with the accommodations. Also the housekeeping staff had been very attentive, provided us promptly with more linen since we decided to extend our stay! For this type of suite you get great value for the price. The only gripe I had was the surface of the night stands (in the bedroom) did not seem to be wiped down thoroughly, but for me that was so insignificant it did not warrant a real complaint. Definitely will recommend this hotel to anyone whose looking for a larger more comfortable suite type of room and I look forward to staying again when we revisit Jacksonville. Very enjoyable!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top 5th floor which was quiet from any external noise from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank S. B

Dear SB,
Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you had enjoyed your suite.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels..

Yours in Hosplitality,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

A really decent stay at a great price. I traveled in May heading north for the season so it wasn' real busy, but pleanty of other guests. Very safe & the room was very clean & neat, but as expected, fairly basic. No breakfast, but they had plenty of coffee & 2 breakfast places within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear JimBoothbay,

Thank you for your great review. We are delighted that you chose our inn for the quality and value. We pride ourselves in getting things right the first time. The 2 restaurants and several fast food chains within walking distance makes an added value for our guests.

I will share this review to my staff. We hope to see you again in your next arrival in Jacksonville.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our room was comfortable and clean, with little to no noise at night. The staff provided very good customer service. The rates were very affordable. Highly recommended no-frills hotel. Ideal for a short business stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Katie U,

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate that you had acknowledged my staff for delivering great customer service and a clean and affordable room. We pride our self to do better each time so that guest like you can always choose us as your hotel when you are in Jacksonville.

I will share this review to my staff and we all look forward in seeing you again in our inn.

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Southpointe.

Red Roof Inn Southpointe

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was looking for a nice clean hotel for a one night stay, didn't need a lot of amenities and this Red Roof Inn was easily the best combination of price and rating. For the $30 I saved I easily walked across the parking lot to Cracker Barrel instead of a continental breakfast. Staff was very pleasant and I got to meet Josephine who personally responds to all of these reviews. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Gary N.,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are delighted that you found our hotel with great value on the room and price. Restaurants like Cracker Barrel and Applebee's within walking distance are added conveniences that guests can enjoy.

I hope that you had enjoyed our HDTV channels that was a recent upgrade in our room amenities. I will definitely share your review with my staff.

Please do not hesitate to give me a call or email me on your next visit to Jacksonville.
We would love to have you back.

904-296-1006

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The floor was very dirty sticky with footprints visiible. The nite stand had water marks on it from the last resident's use. I had my Yorkie dog with me and I didn't want him on the floor. When I booked the room I didn't see where I had to pay an extra $7 per nite for a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Also the info did state that the room had a hairdryer but it did not.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Diane M
Josephine M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Diane M,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jacksonville - Southpoint Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We have several type of rooms and a nominal fee for upgraded rooms with the microfridge. I had informed my housekeepers to put more efforts in cleaning the wood floor and detailing the room. We are passionate about our work and would not want to have guests issues.