“Good for just one night”

Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #83 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Harrisville
“Good for just one night”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The hotel is close to the airport and many places to eat. So the location is great. The hotel is so-so. We stayed for one night and that was plenty. We were assigned a room and the first thing we noticed was a musty, wet dog smell. My son took off his shoes and stepped in a puddle on the rug. He wiped his foot and we discovered it was urine,,,, we will assume pet. We asked to change rooms . This one smelled a little better. The room was in great need of updating. The bed was awful, very hard and flat pillows. I opened the bureau and found filth and hair in it. I would never put my clothes in it. I would not stay at this hotel again. There are many other hotels in the area I would stay at .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Southampton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is my 2nd trip to this hotel ... stayed last year on way down south ... was comfortable and felt safe. Many restaurants to choose from to eat. Right off I-95 for easy on and off access. Friendly and concerned staff. Thanks ... see ya in a year

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta,Georgia,USA
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting relatives. We had a king handicapped room, These rooms have very large bathrooms, smaller desks, flat screen tv, comfortable bed, refrigerator, microwave, clean, The property is right next to I-95 and very close to the airport, but you rarely hear any planes and no traffic noise. These rooms must be soundproofed. We never heard anyone above us or next door either and they were occupied. There is a single serve coffee maker, complete with coffee and fixins. The property is very neat and has lots of tropical plants and trees. You can also get coffee and a newspaper in the lobby. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. This room had been renovated since our last stay.

Room Tip: We have stayed here 3 times and in different areas, all are the same as described except the handica...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thomas W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We appreciate you noticing the super things we are doing and working on at the Inn. I will share you positive comments with my staff and I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Team at RRI#81 Jacksonville (Airport), FL
upstate NY
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The facility was NO problem, the additional $400 charge on our credit card WAS A HUGE PROBLEM/SCAM!! The fact that we received no prior notice of this additional charge would lead one to assume that this facility DID NOT wish for us to know about the charge while counting on the hope that we would not check our credit card statement and just absorb the charge. After numerous calls to the facility, I was informed that this charge was added because "....the TV was damaged" We are an elderly couple who NEVER turn on, let alone damage, a motel TV! When I contacted the Red Roof corporate office to relate this unfortunate incident, I was finally connected to the Director Of Guest Relations who appeared to be less than concerned about our unfortunate situation with one of his locations. This conversation was several months ago with zero follow-up on his part. I subsequently disputed the $400 charge with Visa who immediately credited back the charge. MORAL: ALWAYS check your credit card statements!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thomas W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
I am writing to thank you for your open and honest feedback and to offer you my sincerest apologies for the issues you and your family encountered during your stayed with us. Please rest assured that I will be following up with my entire team to ensure that situations such as those mentioned do not occur in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope you give us another chance on your next travel needs.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2013

When evaluating places where I stay, I always adjust my expectations according to the property and the purpose of the trip. I booked the Red Roof Inn Jacksonville Airport as a stopover while my cat and I were traveling from the Washington, D.C. region to Miami. Its convenient location off Interstate 95, its pet-friendliness and a cheap price were the main factors in my decision.

The hotel itself is tucked away at the end of an access road. The location is close to the interstate, but I wasn't bothered by noise. I stayed in room No. 103, which is next to the office. I was able to park just outside the door, which made loading and unloading extremely convenient.

The room was generally clean and well-equipped, with a flat-panel television that included two HBO channels, an in-room safe and free wifi, which worked sporadically. However, at this price, which was less than $60, I wasn't complaining.

The bed was more comfortable than I expected and the shower had copious amounts of hot water. The sheets themselves had obviously been washed many times and were leaning toward being threadbare, but they were also soft.

Some of the surfaces in the room were a bit dusty, but I don't fault housekeeping too much in a place like this, where the pressure to turn over the rooms must be high. Generally, I was pleased with the cleanliness.

The employees at check-in and check-out were also friendly.

It's a convenient spot if you need to rest your head while traveling the I-95 corridor.

Room Tip: First-floor rooms make loading and unloading the car easier. Request rooms on the opposite end of th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Jacksonville –Airport Red Roof Inn.
I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.
Seattle
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I spent one night here in late April 2013. I was disappointed to find that it would cost $9 to get a cab to the airport. I did not see this mentioned on the Expedia website nor on http://www.redroof.com/. Travelodge Inn (nearby) has a shuttle and they are upfront that they charge $2 each way. I would have preferred that Red Roof Inn be equally upfront. The airport is only 2 miles away and might be a pleasant walk, but I had a bad leg.

When I arrived early evening, I tried to run a bath to soak my swollen calf, which I had injured on my bike from San Diego. The water was not hot enough. With the hot water full on (no cold) it was barely OK for a shower. I called the lady at the front desk and she expressed surprise as the hotel wing out back (where I was - room 125) had few people. I tried the bath later that night and the next morning- not much better. In fairness, people wanting only a shower (which probably means 99% of the visitors) would probably be OK with the water temperature.

There were no amenities in the room, such as coffee maker, refrigerator or microwave. (I think one can get these if one pays more - I paid $50 total). Coffee is available in the lobby. There was a safe for which one had to pay $1.50 per night. I did not use the outside pool.

The room faced the back woods which was pleasant. It was also clean and quiet.

The next day I walked the 200 yds or so to the other side of the highway to await the bus, which runs about hourly. It normally costs $4.50 but is free for seniors (60+) so I paid nothing. Crossing the highway is a little tricky as there is no pedestrian crossing. But if one waits a watches the traffic patterns, it is fine.

There is a Dennys on the N side and a Subway on the south. Also several good convenience stores, with decaf and regular coffee. With one's own mug, any size qualifies as a refill and costs about $1.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest:

Hammond, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 March 2013

While traveling from Savannah to New Orleans we noticed a billboard advertising Red Roof Inn just off the Interstate and decided to check it out. The rate was quite low and the room itself was more than adequate. The room had been recently renovated and has a nice flat screen TV. We found the bedding to be quite comfortable. The room was clean but really didn't have a lot of amenities, which is to be expected in a "budget" motel. One major complaint that I have with all the Red Roof Inns is that they charge a $1.50 for a safe which we never need. I told the checkin clerk that we were not going to use the safe in advance and was told that I had to tell them at checkout. Unfortunately, upon checking out I forgot to tell them so the $1.50 was added to my bill. I submitted a review to Red Roof and was given a phone call right away, withing minutes of my review submission and was told the $1.50 would be credited to my account. I don't know if it has or not but at least the effort was made so they do respond to comments. I would recommend them.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Roger R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. It is truly appreciated. We always enjoy hearing about our guests and their experiences. We look forward to seeing you next time and thank you for your loyalty!