“Its a Red Roof Inn. Clean. Quiet. Convenient. Takes Pets.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park

Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Ranked #97 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Its a Red Roof Inn. Clean. Quiet. Convenient. Takes Pets.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

Stayed in Jxnville after visiting friends on the way south. Didn't want to drive the four hours south after dinner. Made reservations over the internet and got a good deal. I stay at Red Roof Inns frequently, Often with my cat. Red Roof Inns take pets, no special rooms, no fees. Pets are part of the family. Some people don't like this; those of us with pets think its great.

Here's the trick to getting one of the 'good' rooms -- spend the extra $10 and get the king superior room. They are always renovated and clean.This room was clean and renovated. New mattress, new air conditioner unit, Micro/Fridge, desk area, granite-type vanity, laminate wood in the bathroom etc.

Although renovated, this is an "original" style Red Roof Inn and is fairly old. There were old water stains on the ceiling on which repairs had been attempted but old-style Red Roof Inns have this. The showers always leaked. If it bothers you, get a room on the upper floor.

Receptionist was nice. He offered me a 'cheaper' king room if I wanted it. But, I didn't take it. This is a busy area-- off the highway, other low-cost hotels, shopping and at 9:30pm there was on-site security which I appreciated. (Stayed at a very nice, upscale brand hotel in the Boston suburbs last year and had my car broken into).

When I stay at a Four Seasons (occasionally) I judge it by other hotels of the type; when I stay at a Red Roof Inn I judge it by other hotels of the type. This is a fine hotel for what it is.... I would (and probably will when I am visiting) stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank ekincade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

It was cool they allow pets and my dog goes everytime. clean and cool staff!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

My b/f had to reservations there for 3 nights, 2 without me. We went to Jacks. Beaches instead. Saw the maid smoking outside one of the rooms as she was "cleaning"
Rooms were barely clean, it smelled like dirt and mildew, sheets weren't clean and had odd stains on them....the receptionist was useless. Disinfect every inch of this place if you have to stay.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kutztown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

We stayed at this Red Roof while visiting relatives in the area. The room was cheap, but it was very clean. We had no complaints and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2010

Stayed here one night en-route to Southern FL. They billboards along 295 advertising all rooms $39.99. When I checked in they presented me with rates $48 - $55. I asked them whats up with that, and they said, all you have to mention is that you saw the sign, and they will give you the rate. Good Deal. Rooms are not huge, but big enough for 1 or 2, clean. Mine was supposed to be non smoking but had a slight smoky aroma that I mentioned in the morning while checking out. They took another $5 off. Cant beat $40 for a decent nights sleep. Fast free wifi, no continental but a coffee machine in the lobby. Adjacent to all kinds of eating and shopping.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2008

We stayed here for GA/FL weekend and we really enjoyed our expericence. The rooms were very clean and elegant! We were very impressed. We plan to stay there every year during that weekend from now on. GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tallahassee, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2007

My friend booked this hotel based on the hotel's advertisement that it was "newly renovated." This unfortunately was far from the truth. We walked into our room and it had a musty/dirty feet smell to it. The carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years (stains all over it). The grout in the bathroom probably was never cleaned and the shower curtain had mold on it. It was beyond disgusting. We showered in our flip flops or standing on a towel - there was no way you wanted to stand on the floor (tile or carpet) barefoot. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept on and there was no hair dryer or iron. And we had to kill 6 crickets that were IN the room! I also did not feel safe and would not recommend this for a woman on her own.

The only good things about the hotel were: microwave and fridge in room; pillows were decent; and close to lots of food; the front desk people were pretty nice.

To give the hotel the benefit of the doubt, we did talk to a couple staying in another room and they said their room was clean and looked fresh. So maybe we just had a dud of a room. However, that being said, I still would never stay at this hotel again because of the experience I had personally. It definitely was not worth the money ($95/night) and there was a nicer looking Hampton Inn right next door. If we hadn't been there during a huge football weekend, I would have tried to find a room at another hotel ASAP upon entering our room. Unfortunately, most hotels in the JAX area were booked so we were stuck at the "cricket motel."

• Liked — Location to restaurants
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ybgdess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Stay Suites of America
#80 of 132 in Jacksonville
BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites
Red Roof Inn - Jacksonville Airport
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites

Been to Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park? Share your experiences!