Knights Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows
US$113
US$170
US$144
HotelIndigo.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stopped here on my way to fort lauderdale.The price was cheap,there were plenty of places to eat in the area.The room was small and not in the best of shape.The people were friendly.Stopping here was good just to get a nights sleep and then move on.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've stayed at this location before, before I became active on TripAdvisor. It was certainly not the best accomodations I've ever had, but for the value, it wasn't that bad.
This time around, I'm questioning if new owners have it or what the deal is. Everything just has a worn out look. The parking lot isn't very clean, the walkways are covered with cigarette butts, and the rooms are well past their prime.
Some things would make a big difference. The sheets has holes, tear, and burns in them. There was a huge filthy looking stain like something someone was drinking in bed spilled all over the side of the mattress and box springs. Dirty smudges were all over the walls throughout the room and bathroom. I didn't travel with a pet, but I wonder if I got put in a pet room. It smelled as if something had urinated at one point on the carpet or somewhere in the room. It wasn't over-powering, but definitely present. As was the smell of smoke in a non-smoking room.
A big crusted over piece of whatever was caked onto the remote to the tv. That's one of the first things I do in a hotel, or motel room, is wipe down the remote, but that big crusted piece of leftover dinner just sort of grossed me out.
This location sure needs to be refreshed with some cleanliness and just some new essentials, or it probably won't be a Motel 6 for a whole lot longer.

Room Tip: Stay across the street at Studio 6. It is corporate owned, and so much cleaner and better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I dreaded it. Typically, I do not book less then at least 2.5 star properties. Too many surprises and I like my coffeemaker. But this trip was to be done on the cheap, so I took a risk. In this case, the value delivered in a nice clean room and a huge handicapped bathroom that offered a tub with a seat. (Next time, I will take my candle and wine for a nice relaxing bath.) The pool was small but clean. Yes, I smelled a bit of mildew, but the A/C was new and the room was cold at my 11:40 p.m. check-in. It's a budget property people and it's summer in Florida. I was happy for only a teeny tiny odor. The bed MORE then made up for it. Yes, my neighbors were a bit creepy but again- it's the Motel 6. One creep out of 40 plus guests is an average at any property and ours was respectful when we asked for quiet. Totally surprised to drop my budget at least $25.00. I wouldn't do an extended stay, but for a cheap beach weekend, I have a new place. I never liked those free breakfasts anyway and Denny's is right next door. Btw, I am a road warrior and checked the carpet and bed. I know when the sheets have not been cleaned. These were fine. If you are disabled, you will appreciate the single story and handicapped parking outside and you will LOVE the bathroom with a real bathtub. Bring your Starbucks and ask the professional staff to intervene if the neighbor is weird.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! Sleep in your car! Place is so dirty it's not worth it!!! The smell will drive you out alone!!! I would do anything possible to avoid this place!!!!! Floors have stains, blankets have burns and holes. I smell just from walking in the room!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

FYI, I recently was turned away from Motel 6 Jacksonville Southeast (Which I have had for weeks a 2 day reservation for ) because my 2 labs were over 40 pounds. The young man at the desk was very nice and helped me secure alternative lodging BUT his manager/owner was not honoring Motel 6's tradition of welcoming well behaved dogs. THIS Motel 6 discriminates against dogs over 40 pounds. Despite the fact that my labs are well behaved, mellow canine companions they are not welcome at this Motel 6.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends