“Great rooms and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #110 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Covington, Kentucky, USA
“Great rooms and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The staff here goes out of their way to make you happy. The groundsman and housekeepers are super hard workers! The pool was nice and it is very close to a Denny's and the beaches. I loved my stay and look forward to my next:)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I was hesitant to book this hotel after reading other reviews.But I knew my favorite brand would not let me down.
Other reviewers have pointed out a noise problem. There may be one around the pool but this is a very spread out hotel and you can request another.
My room was facing outward towards my car and I heard very little noise.
Upon entering the hotel I again looked for finger prints on the glass doors (this is a sign of overall cleanliness) the glass was spotless. Front desk staff was more than helpful and very friendly and professional. My room was a king plus room with a refrigerator, microwave, and flat screen TV. The bed was new and pillow top. Everything was clean but not spotless. Dirty mirror and filthy desk chair. However all it felt very clean.
This hotel has a very special staff worth mentioning. From the grounds keeper to the older housekeeper they were all great. The pool was clean and beautiful foliage. I'll stay here again!
Side note on security: Another reviewer mentioned it felt unsafe. It is VERY safe and in a wonderful area. I left my chromed out 2012 Lexus here for 3 nights.... You cannot beat this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Traveler5600
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I love the room they gave me very happy I will ask for the same room when I return and the breakfast like always very good thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

The rooms were very run down. Carpets were filthy. You could tell, even though it was a non-smoking room, it had been smoked in a lot. There were no towels in the room and when I inquired, I was told they would be delivered later because of a problem with the laundry machines. Four hours later when I went to the front desk, she pulled a couple towels out of a hamper and handed them to me. Not even folded.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

We had reservations at Americas Best Inn across the parking lot from LaQuinta Inn. That place was absolutely horrible, scary, and the pool was a brownish-green color. We were able to immediately get in to the LaQuinta Inn. Amanda, at the front desk was absolutely wonderful. The room was great, they had breakfast that the kids could eat before we continued on the next morning, and the pool was very clean. The LaQuinta Inn is in a great location, there are many nearby restaurants, and they have overnight security. We felt very safe and comfortable here. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
West Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

We are big fans of the La Quinta properties, we have stayed in many, many of the La Quinta properties across the USA. As a matter of fact, we stayed in this particular property using our La Quinta Rewards points so it only cost us $5.00/night. This was a very bad experience due to the rowdy guests at night and the minimal breakfast fare in the morning. Both nights we had to call the front desk because the La Quinta security people were not controlling the loud guests-as late as 11:15 PM. The pool is supposed to close early, but there were children and adults in the pool making loud noises until way after 10:00PM. The front desk was very responsive, but it made for a long night.
The breakfast offered was probably the smallest we've seen in any La Quinta.
I would not be comfortable staying here again...at any price. I contacted the General Manager and she was very apologetic, but it was too late.
On the plus side, the king room we had was clean and well appointed. The big screen TV was connected to cable and the reception was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor and the outside away from the pool and not on the courtyard.