“Cockroach on nitestand”

Days Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows
Ranked #106 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I recently booked a room for my husband's business trip at this hotel, thinking La Quinta Inn standards would be met. They were not! He even had bites on his legs when he got home, possibly from bedbugs at the hotel! The breakfast was below par, only cereal and a few pastries. The worst part was the cockroach that he killed in his room! There was also a wad of chewed gum stuck to the headboard of one of the double beds, and even after second day of maid service it was still there. If I had been there I would have complained, but he didn't take the time. Definitely skip this hotel!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, USA
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Excellent value,extremely clean and employees friendly and helpful.Location was good convenient to business and shopping, !/4 mile off interstate.The staff were very helpful and polite.I would definitely recommend this facility and I will return when I am in the area.Kudos to the owners and staff, who should be proud of this facility.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have stayed at one other Laquinta In Jacksonville,FL. It was very nice.
My Husband and I were in Jacksonville to help out our granddaughter as her husband had surgery. We stayed From Saturday night, March 09. 2013 and Checked out Saturday morning March 16, 2013. Our original plan was to stay until Sunday. The room was clean at first sight, however after unpacking, I noticed all sorts of stains on the carpet. The bathroom tub was old and very worn. I let my husband shower first if that gives you a hint. The "breakfast" just go somewhere and spend a few dollars, it will keep your stress level lower. DO NOT DRINK the COFFEE. Unless you like "the freeze dried" taste. There were no waffle irons, however, someone made waffles it appeared as they were wrapped in saran wrap type stretchy, others were the waffles offered at many grocery stores 10 for $10. The apples looked good. Bagels and cheese, and some sort of muffin, the small size store bought. The real problem for me was, no one was minding the store if you will. The small cabinet space had milk, cream spilled and no one was cleaning it up. I had to wonder what the storage area looked like where they put the leftovers. Very noisy and party atmosphere, no real customer service. Check in and check out...if that is all you are looking for is a bed, no problem, Friendly professional staff, forget it. One gal the last day was friendly. The staff had no idea how to take care of the clients. I will not be staying here again. I may never stay at another Laquinta because of this one. We got the room for a real good price. Trust me you get what you pay for. We know that but we have had good luck at Laquinta also in Tenn. This is the first bad experience, for LaQuinta, but it turned me off period.

Room Tip: The best room at this hotel, is no room.
1  Thank Pezz4Israel
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We checked in Friday, March 15,2013 and went straight to my aunt's birthday party return to the room at 2:00 a.m. and recieve the friendliest greeting ever from A ROACH!! We had to take all of luggage to a new room that had no microwave or refrigerator and was a down grade to what we purchase. I did not sleep well cause I was terrified, this is nothing like the LaQuinta in Georgia that I am use too.

1  Thank Sierra E
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have stayed here before and am glad I did again this time en route to south Florida. It is convenient, newly renovated, large room with fridge & microwave. The price was fabulous. I could not have gotten anything this excellent for the price, especially at this time of the year. It is close enough to downtown and easy access to I-95.
The staff was most helpful and friendly.
I am only here overnight but would gladly stay here for several days if need be.

Room Tip: See if you can upgrade to a King.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

For the price of the room and a canister of Lysol wipes it wasn't the worst place in the world. It wouldn't take much for them to clean the rooms a bit more, the doors and walls were filthy. Quite a buildup of rug filth along wall edges. Bathtub has seen better days. We got a suite and were told there would be a fridge and microwave, neither were there and they had no "extra" ones for us to use. Hairdryer was not working. We decided to stay the four nights since we were only coming back each night to sleep and off again bright and early each morning. With all the hotels in the area to choose from, we will probably not return to this La Quinta.

1  Thank TravelingSibs
A TripAdvisor Member
Canton, MI
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Door would not open easily nor lock with dead bolt. Room was very nice, clean, and we had a good night's rest...very quiet. I recommend this area of Jacksonville for a nights lodging. Our first time in Jacksonville, FL.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple