“Great prices, Good place to stay!”

Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown
Ranked #105 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 11 May 2012

If looking in this area, you cant beat the prices for a comfortable nite's stay...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
super8central, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

We are glad you had a great stay with us at our Super 8 and we look forward of seeing you on your next visit in Jacksonville.

Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

Comfortable enough, but the room stank of mouldy carpets. Might opt to pay the extra $10 for another place next time. But the service was fantastic. The guy there was very friendly. Oh, no internet in rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012

We apologize for the unpleasant odor you experienced, however we do have our carpets cleaned professionaly every four months. When a problem like this arises it is best to bring it to our attention immediately so we can better accomodate you. We hope you will give us a second chance to prove ourselves.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

As always J took good care of us during our stay. April 13-16. Our Masonic. Conference was great , but J made it all better. We will always stay there.
Al

• Stayed: April 2012
super8central, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Mr. Simmons, It is always a pleasure to have you and your group here at our Super 8. If there is anything I can do for your group in July, please let me know. I look forward to see you in a couple of months, and as always, the pool will be ready for your group when you arrive.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Just wanted to say I recently stayed here and I have to say I was super happy with my stay. If I am ever traveling around that area again I am probably going to book here again. I loved it because of the price, but everyone was super nice to me and my fiance' and if they knocked on the room they wanted to know if we needed towels etc. The whole staff had smiles on there faces and that always a plus. Super nice people and I very much apprecaite it. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I do work with my staff to ensure our guest receive excellent customer service. We look forward to see you and your fiance' on your next visit to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Good location for an overnight stop or for checking out central Jacksonville. Really nice staff who were very helpful when i wanted to change the booking.
Clean, fresh smelling rooms with all advertised amenities and comfortable beds.
Only downside for me was the poor internet connection. It's free and easy to connect to but very slow.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our Super 8 in Jacksonville. We try our best to make sure our guest have a good experience with there stay with us. We have resolved the issue with the wireless internet and I do want to apologize for that inconvenience. We look forward of serving you on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Check-in was fast and the clerk even checked my room to be sure there was internet access. (It was - however - poor and I actually connected with the hotel across the street!!). Otherwise the room was clean and the mini-fridge worked well as did the heat (yes, heat!). There is the usual coffee maker, ironing board/iron, & hair dryer available. The breakfast was typical 8 fare - fine with me. Considering the price, I was very happy with the room. DRIVERS BE CAREFUL: - depending on the I-95 SOUTH off ramp you may pass the entrance to the motel. Make a right turn at the next street and go around the block to the entrance/office.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Jacksonville. Your input means a lot to us and I do want to let you know that we have resulted to Wifi problem so you should have no issues with the wireless internet on your next stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

The room smelled like urine and there was mold on the carpet by the air conditioner as well as in the bathroom. They gave us keys to 2 different rooms - definitly a security risk. If it had not been so late and we had not been so tired we would have kept driving. The staff was nice but the hotel was aweful!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
super8central, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Jacksonville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Thank you for staying us and I do apologize for the inconvenience you had at our hotel. Because of our humidity in the summer time we make the effort to keep our capets and air conditons clean. We hope you will give us another chance here at our Super 8 next time in Jacksonville.