The HGI is located in the Baymeadows/South Side area of Jacksonville right off South Side and in walking distance of a large movie theatre and various restaurants. Many more restaurants and a grocery store are within a five minute drive. Typical HGI lobby, wide open, lots of tables and chairs as well a decent sized breakfast area. Check in was fast, friendly and efficient and room requirements were met.
The room features a mini-microwave, fridge and coffeemaker, which is covenant for longer stays. There is a nice table and ergonomic chair for getting work done and a wired/wireless connection available. The closet had ample hangers and a clean iron and ironing board. The bed was not very comfortable at all. The middle sloped down a bit, was kind of lumpy, and I didn't sleep well. The linens were clean, however was interesting since they were using the Hampton Inn duvet. TV was older and so-so, channels were fine. No CC unless you used the mute button. Had a very nice view of a creek/lake behind the hotel and didn't hear really any outside noise. Inside noise was minor, little bit of TV, but wasn't too bad. I didn't care much for the bathroom, as the shower curtain smelled mildewy, which stunk up the room if you didn't keep the bathroom door closed and the grout wasn't super-clean. The sink had a crack in it and the fixtures felt kind of grimy, just wasn't the picture of clean. They give you nice amenities, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash and lotion, and are a decent size.
The hotel has a nice exercise room (two treadmills, bike and a weight machine) and an outdoor pool. Business center has one computer with a printer. I didn't eat meals there, so can't rate those, however there is an excellent Sushi restaurant called Sushi Crazy that is across South Side to the right of the hotel. St. John's Town Center is within a five minute drive and has some excellent dining/shopping options (and growing!).
When in Jacksonville I usually stay at the Radisson or Hampton Inn. With my company rate, I didn't feel like this hotel was really worth the money paid and will try somewhere else next time. If you aren't picky, is more than adequate. It still is a three, average. Maybe with some renovations to the bathroom and beds, would be a better stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything needed for a comfortable, productive stay is available in your spacious guest room at the Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Deerwood Park hotel. Whether you're traveling on business or enjoying a vacation, stay up-to-date with work by using the 24-hour business center or enjoy a free cooked-to-order breakfast in the morning. Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville is just minutes from the University of North Florida and Jacksonville University campuses, Mayo Clinic and downtown Jacksonville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Jtb / Deerwood Park Hotel Jacksonville
- Hilton Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Hilton Garden Inn