“Great place to stay”

Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Lakeville, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Location, location , location. It says it all. Great staff, parking excellent, rooms clean and spacious . We will be back and stay here again. Close to shopping, golf, beaches, movies, and the cookies were great when we got back from a long day of touring!

Hilton got this one right

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Hans R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chihuahua
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

This Garden Inn is very well located in the south-east of Jacksonville, within walking distance of the III Forks restaurant. You also have a brewery and a cinema nearby for the off business time. You are also 20 minutes away from downtown and orange area, so you can move around town very conveniently. Additionally, the hotel rooms are clean and quiet, and the premises are in a very well condition. If i am back in the area for sure will stay in there again!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit!
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The staff at the front desk and the restaurant area was very helpful. The only thing we experienced bad was the waffle at breakfast but we did not report the problem at that time (it was a time issue then) I would recommend this hotel and stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: The front desk will make sure you get the beds requested etc
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Hans R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words as we like to know our staff is doing well. I apologize the waffles weren't up to standards and I will certainly look in to that. Thank you for your loyalty to our property and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My wife and I stay at this hotel whenever we visit family in Jacksonville for holidays and family functions. The staff has always been friendly, beds are comfortable and the rooms are well maintained. I would recommend this hotel. In fact I just booked again this morning.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I have to agree 100% with the other reviewers regarding the breakfast service and furniture needing improvement. As a business traveler there is an expectation on having breakfast seating to be available readily and self service food warm and fresh. The three days I came down for breakfast at 7:30am there were no seats available for a single diner. Perhaps the hotel needs to rethink the seating arrangement when they change out the worn out furniture. Seriously, the dining furniture needs to be thrown out and replaced with more functional and space efficient seating. As far as the food... I did notice that the breakfast sausage rewarmed the next day. It's difficult to get anyone's attention to order an omelet from the kitchen.

Also, this hotel needs to check out its ventilation system. I can literally smell breakfast cooking from my 5th floor room at 6:00 am.

Walls between connected rooms are super thin.... I can hear the TV from the room next door that I had to request a room change.

Wake up call didnt ring.
Room clocks are not set accurately.
My king bed mattress had a big dent on one side that had me rolling over to the dent all night.

I wanted to like this hotel choice.... But I'm just not getting the value I thought I was going to get from this hotel brand.

Room Tip: I was told upper 4th & 5th floors have the most adjoining rooms. I don't advise having con...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Hans R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for your review MzMina. I sincerely apologize that our restaurant area did not exceed your expectations. I will certainly look into options for improving our ventilation system. I appreciate your feedback so we can look into the issues you experienced. We will be renovating the lobby/lounge area later this month including replacing the furniture and would love if you would give us another chance.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel this week and found the Front Desk staff to be average, not particularly friendly. The room was OK, no complaints. The restaurant needs attention from the on-property HGI Management. It's not the food, it's the service that's lacking. I went down to Breakfast two mornings in a row, and none of the tables were ready for seating. Some tables needed to be cleaned from previous guests, other clean tables had no napkins or utensils, just two or three empty coffee cups on them. When I seated myself at a table and started through the serving line area, one of the servers came out and placed exactly one set of utensils on my table. One day I was asked and received a cup of coffee, the other day I had to serve myself. On both days, the server never came back, never gave me a check to pay for the breakfast. I had to stand at the Front Desk and ask them to get a server from the kitchen to come out and give me a check so I could pay my bill. The other dreadful aspect of the restaurant are the chairs. They are literally falling apart on almost every chair at every table. The vinyl is flaking off of them, no apologies from the server either. It's take it or leave it. After two less than steller breakfasts there, I opted to go elsewhere for my next one.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn back in February 2013 for a whole week of a business trip. I always stay at Hiltons but usually never give the Hilton Garden Inn's a chance. I was definitely impressed overall with the HGI and may have to consider staying at them more often.

I was greeted on a late Sunday night/Monday early morning with a very friendly front desk agent who gave me a good feel for the area with where to visit, etc.

The room that I stayed in was very clean and spacious and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I also really enjoyed how this hotel shares a parking lot with a local restaurant/brewhouse. They had really good food there for pretty good prices as well! I also noticed a ton of other different places to eat within a mile or two so you seriously couldn't ask for a better location.

The location was a little bit off of the highway/airport but not too bad of a drive so I didn't mind it especially not being from the area and seeing new landscape.

If I am ever in the Jacksonville area again I will definitely be returning to this hotel and will be looking to stay at more Hilton Garden Inn's when I get the chance.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business