“Ahhhhhhh! The beeeeeeeed!!!!”

Ranked #16 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Ahhhhhhh! The beeeeeeeed!!!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Not to overshadow my vacation or the quality of the hotel, but the bed was just awesome!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody who is visiting Jacksonville. We loved the location, the ability to walk to restaurants and the movie theatre being right next to the hotel. The staff was very friendly, and the room was very clean.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Corey E
Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Corey we are glad you enjoyed our prime location we strives to create memorable experiences for our guests and we are glad that we made your trip enjoyable. We look forward to welcome you again the next time you are in Jacksonville-FL.

You can Count on Us

GM.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Temecula, California
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 5 days and I must say that during my stay, the team at the hotel from the Front Counter Reception, to the hotel maid service to the hostesses and server at breakfast made our stay worthwhile. Very nicely located near two Outstanding malls for shopping, easy access to the airport and just a short distance from the beaches. The hotel amenities are excellent. Suggest you get the breakfast meal plan when staying, it is well worth the price. For the movie buffs, there us a large movie theater within a short walking distance next to the hotel. Room rates were reasonable and were very spacious. Kudos to the staff.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found you stay to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us! Fran Atiq-GM
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a weekend getaway with my wife. The hotel is pretty much centrally located and not far off of 295. It is about 5 minutes from St. John's Town Center (huge shopping/dining area) and approximately 20 minutes to the beach. The room was clean and pretty spacious. We took advantage of the fridge when we brought back some cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. The beds were comfortable enough and the breakfast was good. Also, you can get made to order eggs or omelets with the breakfast and be sure to take advantage of that. One thing you have to make sure of is; if you get the breakfast rate make sure to get the voucher when you check-in. To follow, within a short walk there is a theater next door and a brewery on the other side of the hotel parking lot. Staff was friendly, room/stay was to my satisfaction, and I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles H
Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Charles Thank you for staying with us. After reading your email I have already instructed to my Front Desk team to make sure this inconvenience should not happen again to any other future guest.

At your service,

GM
Lutz
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Easy to get to major roads, tons of restaurants within blocks. Nice area. The service level here is awesome. Rooms could use a little refreshing, bed needed an overhaul - it's an adjustable bed that had been adjusted one time too many. I will definitely use this hotel again when I make my Jax trip every other month to see my customers in the area. Even though it could use some sprucing up, the staff makes it an excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Lutz, Thank you for 05 Stars review and for staying with us. After reading your comments our dynamic housekeeping team has increased level of Aroma in every single room . we appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

At your service,

Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Friendly staff but wasn't enough for me to rave about my experience with this HGI. My room was not very clean when I checked in, had to call for house keeping to come and vacuum the room as well as the hallway on the 5th floor. The air conditioner never really cooled the room to a comfortable level for sleeping. The ice maker did not work had to go to other floor just to get ice. The air conditioner in the fitness center did not work the day after I checked in, it rained most of the time I was there so not being able to use the fitness center really put a damper on things. Then there was this smell on the 5th floor that smelled like so type of chemical or a diesel engine which caused me to have a light headache when I woke up. I have never had a bad experience at any HGI I've stayed at until this one, very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I sincerely apologize for the numerous issues you had during your stay. Our goal is to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable atmosphere throughout their entire stay. I see these standards were not met during your visit and I will address this with my staff immediately to make sure this does not happen again. Please accept my apology on behalf of our entire staff.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was in Jacksonville for over a week for business. Every morning I was the first one downstairs, and Sandra, the waitress at breakfast, was so kind to me. She remembered who I was, asked me how I was doing and was just super sweet. It made me feel nice to be remembered and to have someone to talk to other than colleagues. My room was always clean, the ac worked very well, and was easy to use, and did not stay on all night unlike other hotels that I have stayed at. The pool was a little dirty, but it did rain every day. The housekeepers were very nice and chatty, as was the front desk help. I would stay here again, definitely.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Melissa we all are glad you enjoyed our prime location in Jacksonville. Our staff strives to create memorable experiences for our guests and we are glad that we made your trip enjoyable. Our maintenance team has fixed the pool cleanliness issue. We look forward to welcome you again the next time you are in Jacksonville.
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel was clean. Front desk staff were extremely pleasant/welcoming and helpful/efficient. The room of clean, though it took a long time to get the air conditioning unit on to cool down the room. Were interrupted twice by housekeeping 15 minutes after settling into the room. Both times they entered without announcement or warning. It was clear there was poor communication about the room being cleaned and people being checked into the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Fran A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Earl thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry you were unhappy with your AC and housekeeping. We have received a new AC units and have been fixed in the room you stayed in. Also housekeeping crew members have been instructed not to repeat the mistake they did. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.