“1 night but was great”

Ranked #21 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Orange City, Florida
“1 night but was great”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I spent the night only 1 night in this hotel, but I had a great experience. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very modern. The efficiency room was awesome. The Jacuzzi outside was great and the pool was nice and cool as well. It's just one of those hotels you stay at where nothing is sub par.

Room Tip: The efficiency room had everything. sink, fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker, dishes, cups, silverwar...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank QuentinS528
Chirag P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thanks so much for the great review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay even if just for one night we strive to make every guest feel like they are at their home away from home!!

Thanks Again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our family of 9 had a great experience. We checked in at 1:00 am with no hassles - easy to find and the evening staff was very accommodating. Each of our 3 rooms were clean and comfortable, every staff member we encountered super friendly, and the breakfast had lots of options. I highly recommend this hotel (and I wish more hotels were like this one).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonathan A
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that when you are in the Jacksonville area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I took a 12 day trip and stayed a several different hotels. We chose this one because of price and Country Inn's have a good reputation. The room was nice and beds comfortable. The best part was the air condition kept working throughout the night. Other places we stayed at it shuts off at night trying to conserve energy. We like a cool room at night so it was great. The staff was very helpful and breakfast was very good and have cookies ready when you check in. Plus took some when we left. It's close to a mall and plenty of places to eat and right off the interstate. It was a great place to stay at.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We know that time is a very valuable commodity. I will definitely be sharing this with our staff. We take great pride in serving our guests and hope that when you are in the Jacksonville/Orange Park area you will always choose the Country Inn and Suites!!

York, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Traveling with my husband, 2 kids, and my parents, we decided to stop off at this country inn. My dad has stayed at this hotel before on business trips and loved it. He did not hesitate one bit to suggest it. Much to his surprise, things had changed. Needless to say, there were several issues. I'd like to start off by saying we had reservations to stay here. We didn't just show up without. We were traveling with 2 trucks and pulling a trailer with one. When the lady at the desk found out that we had a trailer and would take up more than one spot she told us that her manager would have us towed unless we parked at a parking lot across from the hotel. This parking lot is a ways away from the hotel and we had all of our luggage and other things we were carrying from a long stay at the beach so we wouldn't be taking it all in with us. It was too much. We wanted the truck to be parked close so no one would be tempted to brake in to it. My dad became very angry and told her we would not be staying if she was going to treat us that way. After some heated discussion, she said she would just let her manager know why we are going to stay parked there.
We check in, and go to our rooms, which were incredibly hot. We turned on our air conditioners in both rooms to 68 degrees. Quite cold to most people. We leave to eat dinner expecting the rooms to be cooled down by the time we get back. Still hot! My dad turned his ac down to 52 degrees and we turned ours down to 62 degrees. The ac's never completely cooled either rooms and were extremely loud. Being hot all not makes it hard to sleep. The beds were hard as a rock. I tossed and turned and woke up hurting from sleeping on what felt like cement all night long.
In the morning, when asked about our stay while checking out, my dad explained all the issues. The lady was very nice and told him that maintenance would have looked at our ac's, but we felt that because the same problem was in 2 different rooms that there wasn't anything to be done. It was nice of her to show some concern. In fact, her concern and the good breakfast is why I did not give this hotel only 1 star. Breakfast was good, but is in a small room that was very hot too.
This hotel is being renovated, and has some good potential. In fact, I debated for awhile on how many stars I wanted to give this hotel because there were a couple of positives. Unfortunately, this time, the bad out weighed the good. Just because we have a trailer, we should not be forced to park elsewhere. We are a paying customer just like everybody else. The difference is we were with a returning paying customer that now never wants to return there again. My dad says he will find a new hotel to stay at the next time he has a business trip in Jacksonville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize about your disappointing stay at our hotel, this is not the type of service that we offer to our guests. We take pride in everything that we do and want our guests to see this. I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts because all words help make us a better property. I would like to ask you to give me a call so that we may further discuss the situation and so that we can make this right and keep you saying that I LOVE THIS COUNTRY. My number is 904-772-7771 please call at any time.

Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We had booked reservations for a spring break family trip because they had a fantastic rate that we couldn't pass up. Shortly after we found out that my husband wouldn't be able to get the time off work.
The staff at the Jacksonville location was able to work with us in spite of their NO cancellation policy. We will definitely be looking here when we are able to take that trip!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
uk/usa
Reviewed 17 November 2013

hotel is dated. breakfast poor. no parking when arrived late at night, had to park in hotel next door. noisy. hotel located right next to 1-295. front desk not helpful at all with our request for a specific location for our room, seemed genuinely annoyed that we booked thru priceline and got a reduced price which was still way too much for this hotel. whoever gave this hotel a 3 star rating must be getting paid off!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjccta
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Sorry that you did not have a great stay at our hotel, we do strive to give the best service possible we will take your comments and fine tune our operations. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me at anytime 904-772-7771.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is an average commuter hotel, that is focused toward business customers. However, it has little features that provide pleasant surprises!

The hotel serves breakfast daily (7 days a week) after 6 AM which is great if you are staying over the weekend, since this is usually only a weekday feature at most hotels. They also have wireless internet, a pool, and gym; but the best surprise is that they have some rooms with Bowflex in them. While this may seem weird, it actually turned out to be a pleasant surprise and actually kept me on track in my workout. The windows open, but if freeway noise bothers you, this could pose a problem. Rooms further from the highway are actually very quiet though.

This hotel is clean and while it is at the end of a cul-d-sac it is actually very quiet, safe and has a nice view forest view. It is only a block from the freeway and within walking distance of the Orange Park Mall as well as other shopping and restaurants. It is one exit on the freeway from NAS Jacksonville and only about 20-30 minutes from Jacksonville Downtown and Beach. If you are a major shopper there is high-end shopping and outlet malls within a short drive. You can also get to historic Saint Augustine for some tourism and dinning.

Overall a this hotel surprises you with the great customer service and extras. While I can't say it blew me away, it was a pleasant when having to travel for business.

Room Tip: Surprisingly the rooms on the back side of the hotel are best with a view of woodlands. Also stay in...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business