“Home away from Home”

Ranked #22 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My stay here every week is very comforting and the staff is great, the mgr Chirag always makes sure you are well taken care of, Tiki at the front desk is also on point and very very helpful. I love this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chirag P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Peter,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this about our hotel. I know the staff loves seeing you on a weekly basis. We are make sure that all of our guest feel like family when they walk in the door of our hotel. Hopefully one day you will be able to take advantage of our Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast. I know the staff is looking forward to seeing you next week and all the weeks to come.

Chirag Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This place has exactly what we want in a TV guide scroll on ch 14, a mini fridge with a freezer compartment across the top, 3 bath towels or more, a clean smelling room, a great breakfast which wasn't all carbs, and pleasant staff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill W
Chirag P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
We are delighted that you had a great time at our hotel! Thank you very much for the compliments and we strive to always make every guest that walks through our doors happy. I will share these comments with my staff and we hope to see you again soon when you are in the Jacksonville area!

Orange City, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I spent the night only 1 night in this hotel, but I had a great experience. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very modern. The efficiency room was awesome. The Jacuzzi outside was great and the pool was nice and cool as well. It's just one of those hotels you stay at where nothing is sub par.

Room Tip: The efficiency room had everything. sink, fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker, dishes, cups, silverwar...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank QuentinS528
Thanks so much for the great review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay even if just for one night we strive to make every guest feel like they are at their home away from home!!

Thanks Again!
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our family of 9 had a great experience. We checked in at 1:00 am with no hassles - easy to find and the evening staff was very accommodating. Each of our 3 rooms were clean and comfortable, every staff member we encountered super friendly, and the breakfast had lots of options. I highly recommend this hotel (and I wish more hotels were like this one).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonathan A
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that when you are in the Jacksonville area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I took a 12 day trip and stayed a several different hotels. We chose this one because of price and Country Inn's have a good reputation. The room was nice and beds comfortable. The best part was the air condition kept working throughout the night. Other places we stayed at it shuts off at night trying to conserve energy. We like a cool room at night so it was great. The staff was very helpful and breakfast was very good and have cookies ready when you check in. Plus took some when we left. It's close to a mall and plenty of places to eat and right off the interstate. It was a great place to stay at.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We know that time is a very valuable commodity. I will definitely be sharing this with our staff. We take great pride in serving our guests and hope that when you are in the Jacksonville/Orange Park area you will always choose the Country Inn and Suites!!

York, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Traveling with my husband, 2 kids, and my parents, we decided to stop off at this country inn. My dad has stayed at this hotel before on business trips and loved it. He did not hesitate one bit to suggest it. Much to his surprise, things had changed. Needless to say, there were several issues. I'd like to start off by saying we had reservations to stay here. We didn't just show up without. We were traveling with 2 trucks and pulling a trailer with one. When the lady at the desk found out that we had a trailer and would take up more than one spot she told us that her manager would have us towed unless we parked at a parking lot across from the hotel. This parking lot is a ways away from the hotel and we had all of our luggage and other things we were carrying from a long stay at the beach so we wouldn't be taking it all in with us. It was too much. We wanted the truck to be parked close so no one would be tempted to brake in to it. My dad became very angry and told her we would not be staying if she was going to treat us that way. After some heated discussion, she said she would just let her manager know why we are going to stay parked there.
We check in, and go to our rooms, which were incredibly hot. We turned on our air conditioners in both rooms to 68 degrees. Quite cold to most people. We leave to eat dinner expecting the rooms to be cooled down by the time we get back. Still hot! My dad turned his ac down to 52 degrees and we turned ours down to 62 degrees. The ac's never completely cooled either rooms and were extremely loud. Being hot all not makes it hard to sleep. The beds were hard as a rock. I tossed and turned and woke up hurting from sleeping on what felt like cement all night long.
In the morning, when asked about our stay while checking out, my dad explained all the issues. The lady was very nice and told him that maintenance would have looked at our ac's, but we felt that because the same problem was in 2 different rooms that there wasn't anything to be done. It was nice of her to show some concern. In fact, her concern and the good breakfast is why I did not give this hotel only 1 star. Breakfast was good, but is in a small room that was very hot too.
This hotel is being renovated, and has some good potential. In fact, I debated for awhile on how many stars I wanted to give this hotel because there were a couple of positives. Unfortunately, this time, the bad out weighed the good. Just because we have a trailer, we should not be forced to park elsewhere. We are a paying customer just like everybody else. The difference is we were with a returning paying customer that now never wants to return there again. My dad says he will find a new hotel to stay at the next time he has a business trip in Jacksonville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
cisjaxfl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize about your disappointing stay at our hotel, this is not the type of service that we offer to our guests. We take pride in everything that we do and want our guests to see this. I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts because all words help make us a better property. I would like to ask you to give me a call so that we may further discuss the situation and so that we can make this right and keep you saying that I LOVE THIS COUNTRY. My number is 904-772-7771 please call at any time.

Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We had booked reservations for a spring break family trip because they had a fantastic rate that we couldn't pass up. Shortly after we found out that my husband wouldn't be able to get the time off work.
The staff at the Jacksonville location was able to work with us in spite of their NO cancellation policy. We will definitely be looking here when we are able to take that trip!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family